PDA

View Full Version : Car Hits 10 Motorcycles

jvicker
06-01-2012, 04:10 PM
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20120601/GPG0101/206010558/Update-Hilbert-man-faces-homicide-charge-after-car-hits-10-motorcycles?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews%7Ctext%7CGPG-News

MarkLawson
06-01-2012, 06:08 PM
Wow, not good. Prayers go up for those involved and their families.

Mspiv
06-01-2012, 06:10 PM
OMG What a horrible accident. We group ride all the time and as 'bikers' we are extremely conscious of not crossing the line. I guess all that does not matter if an incoming vehicle does.

Seems that every year there is at least 1 of these car vs multiple bike accidents.

We pray for the injured

ARtraveler
06-01-2012, 08:32 PM
A real tragedy for sure. Our prayers go out to those all involved. :pray::pray:

JJW SpyderRider
06-01-2012, 08:40 PM
:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::p ray::pray:

Dwanton
06-01-2012, 08:41 PM
That is just horrible !

I never thought about a vehicle driving into a group of bikes like that - wow - not good

Littlebadwolf
06-02-2012, 07:49 AM
Reminds me of the kid in Connecticut a few years ago that decided to plow thru a group of the Hells Angles from NYC who were traveling to Boston for a funeral or something...Kid just plowed right thru the columns of bikes and his excuse was the bikes were impeding traffic...My prayers go out to the injured and survivors...

Bob Denman
06-02-2012, 09:12 AM
Our prayers go out to all of them :pray:... But why do we continue to ride in such tight packs? It just makes "Bowling with Cages" that much easier... :gaah:

dannymax
06-02-2012, 10:52 AM
There seems to be one or two of these deals each year.

They had to extracate the cager thru the roof, the car was so messed up....he must have plowed head-on into them!

Gonna be some charges from this one....bet on that.

Just so unnecessary, feel bad for the riders and their families. Must be a very sad day in Muskegon. :pray:

dannymax
06-02-2012, 11:08 AM
Our prayers go out to all of them :pray:... But why do we continue to ride in such tight packs? It just makes "Bowling with Cages" that much easier... :gaah:

Seems like a lose-lose Bob....if we spread out to comfortable spacing then the cagers get pissed we're taking up so much highway and start passing and crowding in between us. I don't know what the answer is....altho Spyder group riding seems more comfortable to me than with 2-wheelers, seems like the other riders allow you more room. Probly due to the superior intelligence of the average Spyder rider!! :dontknow: ;)

flaggerphil
06-02-2012, 09:46 PM
Damn. Just...damn.

:(

ThreeFeet
06-02-2012, 10:41 PM
OMG!!! :pray::pray::pray: for the family and friends of the one who got killed, and the survivors. It's scary enough out there but this tragedy is over the top!!!

ARtraveler
06-02-2012, 11:38 PM
A big dilema of should we or should we not ride in packs? The subject has been covered in other threads before so I won't ressurect that in this one.

bruiser
06-03-2012, 08:33 AM
What a shame. Prayers for those folks. With the warm weather riding season, God forbid, we may see more of this. We did an Honor and Remember ride last month and had a cager force his way in to our line. Despite the horn blowing and hand signals (not that one) this idiot just bulled right between us.