PDA

View Full Version : Error codes after rear fender removal? (limp mode, vss fault etc.)

mpbos
06-01-2012, 11:17 AM
Hey guys I'm hoping someone can help or offer some advice. I have a 2012 RS about 2 weeks old. Yesterday I removed the rear fender and wanted to ride about 3 hours later, wouldnt start. So I kept trying and trying then finally after a few mins, it fired up, I was about a minute down the road when the bike went into limp home mode and I was getting an abs fault light and all types of errors. I thought at first it was the rear license plate light but I connected that back up and still had the problem. I did not remove the tire or and parts of the calipers or brakes, only removed everything involved in getting the rear fender off. Any ideas? Sensor issue?

docdoru
06-01-2012, 01:41 PM
Check the VSS cables (right side) and possible short in the license plate wiring. Do you have brake lights?

mpbos
06-01-2012, 02:09 PM
Do the brake lights light up still when you hit the pedal even when the engine is off? Because the dash lights up but the brake lights arent lighting up. I tried starting it up and it wont even start now.

docdoru
06-01-2012, 02:14 PM
Charge the battery.

mpbos
06-01-2012, 02:30 PM
Would that get rid of the error codes though you think?

docdoru
06-01-2012, 02:45 PM
Would that get rid of the error codes though you think?
Let's eliminate that.