PDA

View Full Version : Isle of Man

elixermixer
05-31-2012, 09:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGyOQR6mu2M&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I know the majority of the riders of this forum fall into the touring class and mindset, now to those I would like to say I would love to cruise this isle it looks stunning especially as you get up into the open country side.
To the hooligans and boy racers I can't think but this would be a blast and sphincter clenching ride flat out. With the TT running a variety of classes besides superbikes and super sports they have electric and side car (truly not right in the head) but I think it would be crazy stupid lack of self preservation fun.
who do I appeal to?

hrbeta
05-31-2012, 10:03 PM
I'm a big fan of the TT races at Man. I'm not a racer myself but I enjoy watching and reading about motorcycle racing. I'm planning to go to the Isle next year, rent a Bonny and slow-drive the circuit. It's in my bucket list. 😉

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

elixermixer
05-31-2012, 10:07 PM
I hope it's not the last stop... Jus don't hit a sheep?
On a side note I hope we get some decent coverage this year state side :popcorn:

NancysToy
05-31-2012, 10:23 PM
IOM has been the holy grail since the early days. My heroes growing up were Mike Hailwood and the other IOM roadracers. They inspired me to go racing. There is a little roadracer in almost all of us!

spyderrock
05-31-2012, 10:58 PM
That race is the Holy Grail of all races, Only the best of the best would ever attempt to race there as you can see by the scenery. One mistake there and you can truly become compost. I have race blood in me as well(2000hp blown alcohol mud bogger 0-60 in 3.1 sec) yes thats fast but that is a straight line not like what the Isle of Man race is like...to me there is no comparison for this race period.

MikeinGA
05-31-2012, 11:32 PM
IOM has been the holy grail since the early days. My heroes growing up were Mike Hailwood and the other IOM roadracers. They inspired me to go racing. There is a little roadracer in almost all of us!

I always had a need for speed and they were the good old days the 60's.

Mike

mooneych
06-01-2012, 08:15 AM
Ian Hutchinson strikes a seagull at 270Kph... 1 broken wing and a shattered windshield. :yikes:

http://s5.as.com/recorte/20120601dasdasmot_3/LCO/Ies/Impresionante_imagen_gaviota_chocando_moto.jpg

Smokinspyder
06-01-2012, 05:17 PM
Would love to go to the Isle of man for the TT .. I would love to race my spyder on it maybe not during the TT but ya know

steve635
06-01-2012, 08:05 PM
Back when Speed Channel used to do two wheel Tuesdays, they did coverage of the Isle of Man TT. I concur, always wanted to run the course.....but not quite like they do.

elixermixer
06-01-2012, 10:53 PM
Ian Hutchinson strikes a seagull at 270Kph... 1 broken wing and a shattered windshield. :yikes:

http://s5.as.com/recorte/20120601dasdasmot_3/LCO/Ies/Impresionante_imagen_gaviota_chocando_moto.jpg

All I can think of is Indiana Jones and the last crusade when Sean Connery spooked the flock of seagulls to fly into the air so the fighter plains chasing them would be damaged by the birds...