PDA

View Full Version : The latest on my Turbo SE5 RS

Dochands
05-31-2012, 05:38 PM
As some of you may know I have had trouble with controlling the amount of fuel my turbo is sucking up since it was installed. Apparently the Aerocharger controller is just not able to work with the SE5. The installations with manual transmission have had few problems.

The solution I hope is installing a dual channel Power Commander V. The story is that Hi Performance themselves is starting to use these units in lieu of their controllers. With the Autotune module it should modulate fuel perfectly for the boost. We hope.

Another $1900 though. Fortunately they said they would throw in my 12k service.
:clap:

There are two dynos in Tulsa so when its done we are actually going to have it dyno'd. I'll keep everyone posted.

napper39
05-31-2012, 05:56 PM
i for one is wating for the updates this kind of stuf i grew up with ,i love it/.:thumbup::clap::cheers:

docdoru
05-31-2012, 06:21 PM
Call http://exoticycle.com/ they just finished my Spyder. :thumbup:

Firefly
05-31-2012, 07:31 PM
$1900 for PCV and dual auto tune? Wow. I just paid $575 for that setup-- but did the install myself. I actually ended up swapping the dual auto tune for a single-- $120 cheaper. I didn't have the time to pull the pipes and set up dual bungs--- so I just pulled the Y pipe and put another bung on it for the auto tune. In your case I would agree that the dual setup would be a good idea. Just seems $1300 for the install is pretty steep--- they really are easy to install and use. But if they're throwing in some other services and having it dynoed then maybe it's not too bad.

Curious to see how this works out for you. The auto tune is fantastic. I still have great throttle response.... But can also now get 180 miles off a tank of gas.

Dochands
05-31-2012, 09:18 PM
Firefly we talked about this before. I got zero mechanical aptitude. Lol

And they need to pull the exhaust and weld the sensors in. Part of the price is because I want to do the dual sensors.

Doc - looked at the web page. What did they do for you? Also might be looking at a couple houses in that area..

docdoru
06-01-2012, 06:30 AM
Doc - looked at the web page. What did they do for you? ...
To be release after you signed NCND agreement...;) ...call me. :thumbup:

Bob Denman
06-01-2012, 07:13 AM
:bbq::bbq: This is gonna be good! :bbq::bbq: :2thumbs:

docdoru
06-01-2012, 07:21 AM
:bbq::bbq: This is gonna be good! :bbq::bbq: :2thumbs:
...I didn't BBQ only 2 engines...:bbq::bbq::roflblack:

Bob Denman
06-01-2012, 07:45 AM
I thought that yours were a bit more... http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_5_133.gif :shocked: