PDA

View Full Version : Dumb question from a newbie

ColumbiaSpyder
05-31-2012, 04:56 PM
So I went to Wally world and bought some turtle ice based on the fine recommendations from this forum. I get it home and realize it is for interiors, but it does say it's good for plastic. I'm a little embarrassed, but did I get the right stuff. Being a new owner with a new spyder I don't want to mess it up. :banghead:

ARtraveler
05-31-2012, 05:34 PM
IMO: There is no such thing as a dumb question.

I don't have the answer for your question about the turtle ice, but someone will.

J. Mark
05-31-2012, 06:16 PM
Not sure what Turtle Ice is...but never be ashamed to embarrassed to ask anything here...there are some pretty savvy folks here who have demonstrated they will help in any way possible. And yes...there are some wise guys who sometimes pop off without all the facts...but I still think they mean well just the same.

TexasSpyder
05-31-2012, 06:25 PM
If you go to this link it shows the Turtle Ice products which includes wash, wax and interior.
http://www.turtlewax.com/
J. D.

Smittystwo
05-31-2012, 06:51 PM
There are two different bottle for Turtle Ice; One says "Total Interior Care" the other says "Synthetic Detailer". You may have to make 1 more trip to Wally. Both bottles look the same. Good Luck !

SpydeRider2010
05-31-2012, 07:31 PM
I've used ICE on my car, and on the Spyder. not real
impressed with Spyder results. seems to need a lot
of "re-application" and doesn't hold up very long for
my demands.

TexasSpyder
05-31-2012, 07:38 PM
This is what I have used on all my bikes since they started making it. Works great on the new Lava Bronzer Spyder too.
http://www.eagleone.com/wipe-and-shine-detailing-spray
J. D.

Luckyme
05-31-2012, 07:42 PM
This is what I have used on all my bikes since they started making it. Works great on the new Lava Bronzer Spyder too.
http://www.eagleone.com/wipe-and-shine-detailing-spray
J. D.
:agree:Eagle One or Mequires detailers are great touch up products. After a good wax, a quick spray and wipe brings the entire bike back to "Bling" in less than 5 minutes when dirty, or bugged out.
Love the stuff.

Lady Macca
05-31-2012, 08:15 PM
My husband just waxed the bike with it and it looks fabulous!

bluestratos
05-31-2012, 09:03 PM
There is also a Turtle Wax ice wax, it is different then either of the two mentioned, it is an exterior wax that can be used on plastics. One thing I have found over the years, wax made a huge difference years ago but now it more of a protectectant since the clear coats lay down so flat and glossy. I know on my platinum color I have tried test panels with most of the big names and I cannot tell them apart, even in the areas where I let it bare without wax. Thats is why I like the ice, no brainer to apply and polish up. Nothing turns me off more than a white film along seams or on the plastics.

NancysToy
05-31-2012, 09:36 PM
There are a variety of Turtle wax Ice products, all for different uses. The interior product is not made for weather protection. It may shine things up, but will not last long exposed to weather/direct sunlight. I'd use an alternate product. The polish (liquid or paste) is the best protectant, but the detailer works well if applied often. While you're at the store, pick up some microfiber cloths for light cleaning and wiping off the product haze.

Phil
06-01-2012, 09:40 PM
#1- Scotty is always right.
#2- The only dumb question is the one you don't ask.
#3- I almost agree with Scotty :) --- nothing touches Darth except www.zainostore.com

Phil, Tyler TX- from my iPad3.5 using Tapatalk HD