PDA

View Full Version : Code P160E - ETA Control Fault - Should I be concerned?

kinggeek
05-31-2012, 04:50 PM
I am getting a Check Engine light, a Limp Home mode screen, and P160E code everytime I restart my Spyder after a short stop when the Engine is hot/warm.:banghead:

I do not see this from a cold start and the limp clears in about 20 seconds but the P160E stays until either I turn the key off or the engine cools COMPLETELY, I have not determined which.

According to the Service manual:

Fault Code: P160E
Reporting Module: ME17
Description: Electrical Throttle Actuator (ETA) Control Fault
Possible Cause: Damaged ETA, Damaged Circuit Wires, Damaged Connector, or Damaged ECM output Pins.

Based on possible cause description this looks like a physical damage issue. The last work to be done on the engine was at Spyderfest where I had the cold air intake installed. Not pointing any fingers just trying to figure out what happened.

Called my dealer and apparently there is ANOTHER update for the throttle body, specifically the ETA, since the last update that fixed the broken digital gauges caused by the previous update. Anyone know what that is all about?

Going to get that installed Saturday AM they will also troubleshoot this issue.

Hoping I do not need throttle body #4:yikes:. I know this is a different code but after 3 replacements to date I am a little concerned at any code concerning any part of the throttle body.

kinggeek
06-02-2012, 07:04 PM
Just an update. Throttle body #4 has been orderd and will hopefully be installed next Saturday!

spyder3
06-02-2012, 09:06 PM
geesh, that just :cus:! hopefully this one works for you.

Jeriatric
05-04-2015, 06:45 PM
Just had the same code pop up. Stayed on, same as you reported. Hot engine as you reported. So, just wondering if the 4th throttle body replacement cured the problem for you? Also, and this may sound lame :) but,...was it your dealers decision to replace the throttle body, or was it warranty approved by BRP? If, you remember or happen to have the old invoice.

I ask cause it ain't going to get any cooler here(in the skillet) for at least six months.

Thanks
Jerbear