PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Seat

Schultzi
05-31-2012, 04:45 PM
Got my custom Seat from Ultimate Seats in today and installed - Nice!!!
Silver with black inlays and custom stiching.
Went for a 70 mile test drive - and want a difference.

Great product! :2thumbs::2thumbs:

Littlebadwolf
05-31-2012, 04:50 PM
Nice...I think I'm gonna dump my Corbins and get a set of the Ultimates...I really should...He used my stock seat pan to develope his product....and I kindas like them besides...:yes:

M109Dreamer
05-31-2012, 05:06 PM
Are they also making the passenger back rest as well?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Littlebadwolf
05-31-2012, 05:22 PM
They make rests for both driver & passenger...my wife has one on her rs...

Max LTD
05-31-2012, 06:01 PM
Mine is on its way ! Can't wait. :clap:

J. Mark
05-31-2012, 06:05 PM
looks great...hope you enjoy many safe and comfortable miles in the days ahead!

bo9roadking
05-31-2012, 06:54 PM
Beautiful seat. If the comfort is as good as it looks, you should be in total bliss riding on it. :thumbup:

SpongeBob
05-31-2012, 07:12 PM
Schultzi ...

That seat really looks nice.

However, with the ryder backrest installed, how is there enough room for a passenger?

Macca
05-31-2012, 08:36 PM

My seat was installed last week and now has 500 miles on it.
Comfortable enough that I no longer use my Air Hawk.
Love the backrest and gas door.

fireplug98
05-31-2012, 09:32 PM
Just ordered mine today. Can't wait !!!:yes:

Tommy J.

Schultzi
05-31-2012, 10:17 PM
Schultzi ...That seat really looks nice.However, with the ryder backrest installed, how is there enough room for a passenger?Thanks, There is plenty room for the passenger, also the backrest is removable. I never had a problem with having the driver backrest and a passenger on the bike.I had the stock seat with the Utopia backrest for about two years and no problems.But the riding comfort is way different - it feels so good!!I made the right choice!

Grandpa Spyder
06-01-2012, 05:03 AM
I put mine on yesterday too, yes it is very nice. I am going to post some pictures later.

Dwanton
06-01-2012, 05:46 AM
I should of went with the Ultimate seat .. I got the BRP comfort seat and it is no different feel than the seat that came on my RSS - butt still starts to hurt in the same spot . :banghead:

Wonder if they take trade of 2 seats for 1 :p

SpyderLady
06-04-2012, 06:14 PM
I just got my Ultimate seat....black with purple trim (gee what other color would I have gotten). Love, love it. So comfortable. Back rest is just perfect. Fuel door is really great. All I can say is Thank You Dez for designing s great seat 47339

SpyderLady
06-04-2012, 06:16 PM

pslawing
06-04-2012, 07:57 PM
Schultzi
What kind of floor boards do I see you your picture of your seat? They look good too!
notice u close to me in Kings Mountain, NC.

jcoker
06-05-2012, 01:49 AM
Who makes this seat. I cant find it anywhere

Grandpa Spyder
06-05-2012, 04:33 AM
Who makes this seat. I cant find it anywhere

http://ultimateseats.ca/CanAmSpyder.html

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/CW_Tuggle/DSCF0008.jpg

mhoecker
06-05-2012, 06:02 AM
So glad to hear the glowing reviews. I ordered mine a couple of weeks ago and am really looking forward to installing it once it arrives!

Madonna

JaymeG33
06-05-2012, 11:04 AM
Definitely an awesome seat. I have rode 2 hours STRAIGHT on it one way (and home again the same day) without one ache ANYWHERE! Pic of my bike is below :thumbup:

Hawk
06-05-2012, 01:28 PM
Really wish they had went the corbin route with the fuel door. I know you can get one without. To me, it just looks like they tacked on door for a car. The seat looks great otherwise.

muonwhiz
06-05-2012, 03:41 PM
Which of these seats is not waterproof? What has been your experience with this?

mhoecker
06-05-2012, 03:49 PM
muonwhiz, from reading their website, the act of sewing the material creates holes that would allow water to get to the foam inside. Erring on the side of caution, they say that none of their seats is water proof and advocate that folks buy the rain cover to use in inclement weather (riding and parking outside).

A lot of companies put plastic sheeting between the foam and outer seat material (usually vinyl, but the same is true of leather seats, too). This has the effect of creating a "non-breathing" seat, meaning all areas that touch the seat tend to sweat. UGH! After several hours, that can be mighty uncomfortable - guy or gal. :yikes:

Hope that didn't muddy the water.

Madonna

eddieshep999
06-05-2012, 04:03 PM
I wondered if they have thought of using a waterproof/breathable material like GORE TEX under the top cover either vinyl or leather seats
to see if thiis would stop any water seepng in

I cover my Zumo 660 GPS Unit with some Gore Tex material, when its parked up at work on a secure site (Its in a lockable Touratec mount anyway)
Even though the Zumo is waterproof, I pefer to give it extra weather protection and Gore Tex works well with no visable signs of water on the GPS Unit

That way you might not need to use a rain cover when riding of leaving the bike parked up

Just an idear

Eddie Sheppard
Reading UK

ARtraveler
06-05-2012, 04:30 PM
Very nice looking seat. If it's a comfortable as it looks, it must be a really nice ride.

Max LTD
06-05-2012, 05:34 PM
Just got back from work and my new Ultimate Seat was waiting for me. More to come ! :clap::yes:

Mine is on its way ! Can't wait. :clap:

akaspyderman
06-05-2012, 05:45 PM
I'm sure it's poor etiquette, but what do you have to give for that seat?

Schultzi
06-05-2012, 07:07 PM
Schultzi
What kind of floor boards do I see you your picture of your seat? They look good too!
notice u close to me in Kings Mountain, NC.

These are the Seal Floor Boards, very comfortable. John was doing a great job when he came up with them.
Seal Floor boards are a sponsor on the home page
You're right - not to far of. we should get together for a right

wallace18
06-09-2012, 02:23 PM
Has anyone riden longer than 3 hours in the heat with this seat? I rode 10 hours in 90 degree heat with the stock seat and was very uncomfortable after 2 hours. I am looking for a replacement seat in the aftermarket other than a Corbin. :pray:

Grandpa Spyder
06-09-2012, 08:04 PM
Has anyone riden longer than 3 hours in the heat with this seat? I rode 10 hours in 90 degree heat with the stock seat and was very uncomfortable after 2 hours. I am looking for a replacement seat in the aftermarket other than a Corbin. :pray:

Yes I have had mine on for a week now and have ridden 3 hrs and was very surprised at the comfort level it gave me. Being on a Spyder and not ever having to put your feet on the ground makes a comfortable seat even more important. So some times at a stop light I will stand up on my floorboards. It helps.

oldbaldguy
06-09-2012, 09:15 PM
I rode 780 miles, with Schultzi, home from Spyderfest on my new ultimate seat. real difference. no discomfort at all. was very surprised. now if they would only get me a passenger backrest.......

SpyderLady
06-09-2012, 09:39 PM
I just road 12+ hours, over 580 miles, on my ultimate seat. Just had it put on a week ago. Love, love it. Money well soent

2manycars
06-11-2012, 12:46 AM
I have not looked into a new seat until now, but am I right that the seat costs over $1000.00? Again I have not priced other seats but it seems to me that a vinyl seat would be very inexpensive versus leather. They state the seats are not waterproof and should be covered. They charge another $45.00 for the mandatory cover I would have expected it to be free since it is a needed item..

The seats look beautiful, but I can't get past the $1000.00 for a vinyl seat. If I am missing something let me know, since I am sure at some point I wil also replace the seat, but 2-3 hours on the stock seat has not been bad thus far.

mhoecker
06-12-2012, 08:20 AM
2manycars, the standard Ultimate Seat without embelishments, runs around $700. The rain cover is highly recommended by the manufacturer, but is not mandatory. I thought it wise to purchase the rain cover for those "just in case" times when the weather looks iffy. I figured that if I am willing to lay out that kind of money for a seat, I shouldn't be so cheap as to NOT buy the cover.

My seat is scheduled to be delivered today. I hope my brain works well enough for me to do the install myself 'cause I want to try it out after the rain passes.

Madonna

Huntindawg1962
06-12-2012, 08:59 AM
2manycars, the standard Ultimate Seat without embelishments, runs around $700. The rain cover is highly recommended by the manufacturer, but is not mandatory. I thought it wise to purchase the rain cover for those "just in case" times when the weather looks iffy. I figured that if I am willing to lay out that kind of money for a seat, I shouldn't be so cheap as to NOT buy the cover.

My seat is scheduled to be delivered today. I hope my brain works well enough for me to do the install myself 'cause I want to try it out after the rain passes.

Madonna

:agree: - the $1000 option is the new seat with locking gas cover, ryder backrest, and passenger backrest - the whole package.

Army21
06-12-2012, 09:47 AM
Got this seat at Americade and it is awesome, very comfortable..
Plenty of room for a passenger.. The passenger backrest may be available next month for the RT..
They said to keep checking there web site..
Ultimate is the right name for this seat..

mhoecker
06-13-2012, 02:38 PM
My Ultimate Seat was delivered yesterday late, so my son helped me install it today. The black fuel door has a satin finish - kinda textured. The bolts and lock are silver in color. I'm very happy with the look of the black fuel door. Not very noticable except for those bolts. Highly recommended. We have to put the seat lift back onto the ball, then clip it and all is done. Son had to go off to his classes, so I'm hoping hubby is able to put the finishing touches on it for me. Beer is a good motivator!

Madonna

tdoug60
06-14-2012, 04:51 PM
Very nice, where can I get one and how much did you pay. Oh yes I like the trailer, where did you get that. Looks very cool.

Schultzi
06-14-2012, 05:11 PM
Very nice, where can I get one and how much did you pay. Oh yes I like the trailer, where did you get that. Looks very cool.
Ultimate Seats is a official sponsor of this forum.
the trailer I got from "America Best Trailors". They're located in Greenville,SC. Look on eBay!
they do ship anywhere

Idaspud
06-16-2012, 10:00 AM
I will be ordering my Ultimate seat as soon as they have the RT Tall Boy ready have talked to them and have been told a month to a month and a half until it's ready. Why so long is my only question when Des already has the Regular RT seat in production. can't wait to order it.:yes:

fireplug98
06-16-2012, 10:19 AM
I pre-paid Des for my tall boy with driver back rest. CAN'T WAIT !!!!! :-)

Tommy J.

spydergal
06-16-2012, 09:58 PM
I have the Ultimate seat on my Yamaha V-Star and it is great!! Super comfortable ride all day. I plan on ordering one for my Spyder RTS. Love the gas door option, too bad BRP didn't think of that. I was considering a Corbin seat also, but I hear they are very firm and not as comfortable as the Ultimate Seat.

Harley
06-17-2012, 04:33 PM
How many green backs for the seat, and does it include the back-rest ?

I am 75 years old, feeling like 40, but I get lower back pains after about a half day riding.

Thanks, Harley:gaah:

Grandpa Spyder
06-17-2012, 05:31 PM
How many green backs for the seat, and does it include the back-rest ?

I am 75 years old, feeling like 40, but I get lower back pains after about a half day riding.

Thanks, Harley:gaah:

http://ultimateseats.ca/CanAmSpyderRT.html All info here

Sarge707
06-17-2012, 09:03 PM
Did anyone get the lowrider that puts you 2 inches closer to the handlebars???
Just hoping for some imput on it?:dontknow:

Yol Bolsun
06-17-2012, 09:24 PM
I pre-paid Des for my tall boy with driver back rest. CAN'T WAIT !!!!! :-)

Tommy J.

Ditto, w/ gas door. :popcorn::popcorn:

Yol Bolsun
06-17-2012, 09:29 PM
Did anyone get the lowrider that puts you 2 inches closer to the handlebars???
Just hoping for some imput on it?:dontknow:

SWNBO(aka sewnonnie) has their Lowrider on her GS and loves it. Which is why I have order a TallBoy.

Barbwire
06-19-2012, 07:48 PM
Been a fan of Dez's seats since he loaned me one for my HD Deluxe to try years ago at a Honda Homecoming. I got in a hurry and didn't wait for his seat to come out for my RT since we had a long trip to go on and no short term fix. I will have another though I love the support his seats provide for your lower back.