PDA

View Full Version : MP3 Player Questions

danlnc
05-31-2012, 11:01 AM
Recently bought bluetooth helmets and would like to get a bluetooth MP3 player(reasonable). any suggestions.

daveinva
05-31-2012, 11:35 AM
Recently bought bluetooth helmets and would like to get a bluetooth MP3 player(reasonable). any suggestions.

Define "reasonable"... a new iPod Touch isn't cheap, but you get what you pay for, plus all the other goodies that come with it (i.e. it ain't just an MP3 player).

You can find good deals on the older models, or refurbished ones via the Apple Store online.

pro10is
05-31-2012, 11:46 AM
First, need to know if you own a Smart Phone of any type.

danlnc
05-31-2012, 12:41 PM
First, need to know if you own a Smart Phone of any type.

I do have a Samgsung droid. But when playing music I can only get it to play to one helmet. Most of our riding is 2up. And I am totally illiterate when it comes to cell phones I never use them.

pro10is
05-31-2012, 01:19 PM
I do have a Samgsung droid. But when playing music I can only get it to play to one helmet. Most of our riding is 2up. And I am totally illiterate when it comes to cell phones I never use them.

That's a bluetooth issue which you'll probably also have with a bluetooth capable MP3 player. Are all the helmets paired to the Droid? Depending on the system limitations you may be able to only pair one helmet to a single device at a time using bluetooth. Never tried it with two helmets at once.

Does your passenger also have a Smart Phone? If so then you can each use your own phones to listen to music independantly.

danlnc
05-31-2012, 01:42 PM
That's a bluetooth issue which you'll probably also have with a bluetooth capable MP3 player. Are all the helmets paired to the Droid? Depending on the system limitations you may be able to only pair one helmet to a single device at a time using bluetooth. Never tried it with two helmets at once.

Does your passenger also have a Smart Phone? If so then you can each use your own phones to listen to music independantly.

The helmets are both paired the the phone just works with one or the other not both at same time. WE are a one cell phone family wouldn't have that one but it cheaper than the alternative. Thats why I thought a cheap MP3 player would be the trick. As far as you get what you pay for all I need is something that play my old rock & roll.

daveinva
05-31-2012, 02:23 PM
Depending on the system limitations you may be able to only pair one helmet to a single device at a time using bluetooth. Never tried it with two helmets at once.

:agree: Which BT comm system are you using? Need to look into those instructions. I own a Sena SMH10, you can only play music through one helmet at a time-- unfortunately, I think most systems are like that (but perhaps not all).

Dustybell
05-31-2012, 03:00 PM
Check out this link: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?27052-Audio-Geeks&highlight=bluetooth+radio

They used 2 bluetooth transmitters attached to a splitter that was then attached to the ipod. Maybe this would be an option for you.