PDA

View Full Version : Blowing Rock, NC - Asheville, Blue Ridge Parkway Ryde

WingmanRT
05-29-2012, 03:23 PM
I guess if I just keep posting where and when we are ryding, eventually some Spyder ryders will find us.

This Friday afternoon, we are headed up 321 from Charlotte to Blowing Rock, will stay over night at a Holiday Inn (or something similar) and then get on the Blue Ridge Parkway Saturday AM and wander down toward Asheville. From there we will ride back to Charlotte Saturday afternoon (late). We will take our time on the Parkway stopping at a bunch of overlooks to take the wife's traditional 10,000 pics. Stop for lunch at Black Mountain maybe. We have two Spyders and Harley at this point, but any riders are welcome to join in the fun.

Email me at paulm@metheney.com or text 704-491-5628 if you want to meet up with us.

danlnc
05-31-2012, 02:26 AM
I guess if I just keep posting where and when we are ryding, eventually some Spyder ryders will find us.

This Friday afternoon, we are headed up 321 from Charlotte to Blowing Rock, will stay over night at a Holiday Inn (or something similar) and then get on the Blue Ridge Parkway Saturday AM and wander down toward Asheville. From there we will ride back to Charlotte Saturday afternoon (late). We will take our time on the Parkway stopping at a bunch of overlooks to take the wife's traditional 10,000 pics. Stop for lunch at Black Mountain maybe. We have two Spyders and Harley at this point, but any riders are welcome to join in the fun.

Email me at paulm@metheney.com or text 704-491-5628 if you want to meet up with us.

We can't make your Ashville ryde, but please keep posting. I have been looking in the Riding club area instead of the Chapter area and missing all the ride posts. Faye and I are riding up to Fancy Gap VA. this weekend.

WingmanRT
05-31-2012, 07:24 AM
We can't make your Ashville ryde, but please keep posting. I have been looking in the Riding club area instead of the Chapter area and missing all the ride posts. Faye and I are riding up to Fancy Gap VA. this weekend.
We rode that a month or so ago. If you catch the Blue Ridge parkway it takes you up there and is a gorgeous ride. Adds a little time to it but is worth it. Way better than 77.

danlnc
05-31-2012, 08:42 AM
We rode that a month or so ago. If you catch the Blue Ridge parkway it takes you up there and is a gorgeous ride. Adds a little time to it but is worth it. Way better than 77.

We usually go up 601 to Mt. Airy then 52 to Fancy Gap then catch the Blue Ridge or Skyline. Do you know if the Blue Ridge is still closed south of Fancy Gap. Last time we were up there was last year.

WingmanRT
06-01-2012, 10:20 AM
We usually go up 601 to Mt. Airy then 52 to Fancy Gap then catch the Blue Ridge or Skyline. Do you know if the Blue Ridge is still closed south of Fancy Gap. Last time we were up there was last year.
It was 3 weeks ago. You can catch it right the border of NC/VA and take it up.