PDA

View Full Version : Will need to sell my 09 Enabled Spyder around September 2012

CantWalk:)
05-29-2012, 11:58 AM
SOLD SOLD SOLD

Just got word that I’m being transferred out of California and Back to the cold and I don’t want to have to deal with storing the Spyder for 6 months of the year. I would like to keep riding her till I have to leave, but if I get a serious offer that has to be sooner I can part ways early, so this is a feeler to see the interest in a fully enabled Spyder or if I will need to part out the mods... It is a 09 Full Moon Spyder, ISCI hand Brake, Floor boards, and rear wheelchair mount for a non folding chair. Currently has 6.5K As it sits now I’m asking for $13000, $12,500 with out the hand break and wheelchiar mount. As you can see i tied the mount into the rear frame tube but it can be removed and the bike can be taken completly back to stock.

Has the B.E.S.T Warrenty till 6/1/2013

kawakii
05-29-2012, 03:26 PM
Sorry to hear that your selling your Spyder - bummer. Where are they moving you to ? We love in NH and totally understand what a bummer it is to store the bike over the winter.

What kind on mount do you have for your chair ?

05-30-2012, 10:23 AM
Sorry to hear that your selling your Spyder - bummer. Where are they moving you to ? We love in NH and totally understand what a bummer it is to store the bike over the winter.

What kind on mount do you have for your chair ?

They are sending me back to Hill Air Force Base in Northern Utah

For my mount I tied it into the rear frame tube so it hangs just over the rear tire, hooks onto the rear axle and rear grab bar of the chair pretty nice, and it’s adjustable for most chairs with the solid axle tube. I will be posting some pictures soon of it.

SpyderAnn01
05-30-2012, 10:57 AM
I would think that you would have a pretty easy time selling your Spyder if you remove the chair mount. The handbrake and floorboards will appeal to a lot of buyers but you may not get back what you paid for them. Good luck with your sale and your move.

kawakii
05-31-2012, 05:28 PM
Love to see pictures of the wheelchair mount.

I also agree that it might be an option to sell the bike with the hand brake and floorboards seperately from the wheelchair mount.

08-16-2012, 09:39 AM
Love to see pictures of the wheelchair mount.

I also agree that it might be an option to sell the bike with the hand brake and floorboards seperately from the wheelchair mount.

New pictures, also its ready to sell now!! I have 6 weeks till im Utah aka Cold bound

Mayhem
08-16-2012, 10:24 AM
If you really like the bike, why not just keep it. I ride every month of the year even though we live in a colder climate. There are always a few days that are nice enough for a ride, plus it helps to deal with the winter blahs.

08-29-2012, 12:57 PM
If you really like the bike, why not just keep it. I ride every month of the year even though we live in a colder climate. There are always a few days that are nice enough for a ride, plus it helps to deal with the winter blahs.

Looking like that may happen if i cant sell her, but its ok-not the end of the world

markjperry
08-29-2012, 08:46 PM
I live in the greater Boston area and I also rode my Spyder at least once every month through winter. I will ride in 48+ degrees. It very invigorating to ride in the cold. To admit, I don't ride long, maybe 10 miles just to get the tires spinning, oil moving and gas flowing. My recommendation is keep it if you can and if you have a place to keep it. I think some set their expectations high not realizing all the costs involved and used is used. If you want a warranty, buy from a dealer and pay more for it. But always, ride safe.

SpyderCowgirl
08-31-2012, 02:14 PM
I think some set their expectations high not realizing all the costs involved and used is used. If you want a warranty, buy from a dealer and pay more for it. But always, ride safe.

I wasn't setting my expectations high. I asked about the ability to obtain a warranty because it is a used Spyder and because of the issues I hear about some of the earlier models and in fact some of the newer ones. Just want to make sure my investment new or used is protected. I have looked at new and used and wanted to find out what all my options are.

I agree that you will probably get quite a bit of riding time even in the winter in most areas. If you can, keep it and have fun ;)

ptbperegrine
06-18-2014, 09:00 PM
SOLD SOLD SOLD

It is a 09 Full Moon Spyder, ISCI hand Brake, Floor boards, and rear wheelchair mount for a non folding chair.

Hi, I just spotted this thread and I realise that it's ancient history, plus the bike has been sold BUT I need to carry a wheelchair also. Do you have a photo to show how the chair is mounted on the carrier?
I'm in Australia so I don't have access to the people recommended in comments following your thread.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!