PDA

View Full Version : Who were the BRP Techs at Spyderfest?

SpyderAnn01
05-29-2012, 09:37 AM
We were talking to them at Wildwood Lodge and one of them noticed that the left handlebar switch housing on my RT was loose. He said that there was a fix for it and I should have it done next time I was in for service. My dealer couldn't find any info on it and he called BRP but they couldn't help him. So if anyone knows their names the dealer will call and ask for them. Thanks.

Rando
05-29-2012, 10:27 AM
We were talking to them at Wildwood Lodge and one of them noticed that the left handlebar switch housing on my RT was loose. He said that there was a fix for it and I should have it done next time I was in for service. My dealer couldn't find any info on it and he called BRP but they couldn't help him. So if anyone knows their names the dealer will call and ask for them. Thanks.Problem: Left handlebar switch housing loose. Solution: Tighten housing. :roflblack: Sorry Ann, I couldn't resist!

When I read your post, this squawk list came to mind.

"Squawks" are problems noted by pilots and left for maintenance crews to fix before the next flight. Here are some actual maintenance complaints logged by pilots and the replies from the maintenance crews. (P) is the problem found by the pilot, (S) is the solution to the problem by the maintenance crew:

(P) Left inside main tire almost needs replacement.
(S) Almost replaced left inside main tire.

(P) Test flight OK, except auto land very rough.
(S) Auto land not installed on this aircraft.

(P) # 2 propeller seeping prop fluid.
(S) # 2 propeller seepage normal -- # 1, # 3, and # 4 propellers lack normal seepage.

(P) Something loose in cockpit.
(S) Something tightened in cockpit.

(P) Evidence of leak on right main landing gear.
(S) Evidence removed.

(P) DME volume unbelievably loud.
(S) Volume set to more believable level.

(P) Dead bugs on windshield.
(S) Live bugs on order.

(P) Autopilot in altitude hold mode produces a 200 fpm descent.
(S) Cannot reproduce problems on ground.

(P) IFF inoperative.
(S) IFF always inoperative in OFF mode.

(P) Friction locks cause throttle levers to stick.
(S) That's what they're there for.

(P) Number three engine missing.
(S) Engine found on right wing after brief search.

(P) Aircraft handles funny.
(S) Aircraft warned to straighten up, "fly right," and be serious.

(P) Target Radar hums.
(S) Reprogrammed Target Radar with the words.

Bob Denman
05-29-2012, 10:30 AM
:roflblack: Mine's as tight as I can get it without pulling a muscle... It still wiggles a bit. :gaah: I'm figuring on putting a layer of electrical tape around the bar under it...

ARtraveler
05-29-2012, 11:01 AM
Same problem here. If I tighten the screws any tighter I am afraid of breaking something. The module still can be turned.

kyspyder
05-29-2012, 11:22 AM
We were talking to them at Wildwood Lodge and one of them noticed that the left handlebar switch housing on my RT was loose. He said that there was a fix for it and I should have it done next time I was in for service. My dealer couldn't find any info on it and he called BRP but they couldn't help him. So if anyone knows their names the dealer will call and ask for them. Thanks.

I had the exact same situation with my 2010 RT-S SE-5 @ Spyderfest. Received the same information from the BRP Tech. There is a QWB issued by BRP concerning this issue and can be retrieved by your Dealer on their B.U.D.S. system (if it is up to date). I contacted my local Dealer when I got home from Spyderfest, and they were able to retrieve the information, ordered the necessary parts, notified me when the parts arrived, scheduled the repairs, and the repairs have been completed under warranty.
I would suggest that you ask your servicing Dealer to check it out with BRP technical support, I saw the bulletin on my Dealer's B.U.D.S. system while they were filling out the service ticket, but I did not get the QWB #, sorry!

The service repair order shows the following part #s were used: 709401040 (1) Handlebars /250000494 (1) Screw-Socket HD. DIN.912 S.Grip/ 219800212 (1) Housing-Switch LS
Labor allowed for repairs 0.4 hours

Hope this helps

KYSPYDER

DLewis
05-29-2012, 11:29 AM
Rando,
Not to get off post, but that was just TOO funny!! Thanks for the laughs! roflmao

>>>(P) Aircraft handles funny.
>>>(S) Aircraft warned to straighten up, "fly right," and be serious.

>>>(P) Target Radar hums.
>>>(S) Reprogrammed Target Radar with the words.

arntufun
05-29-2012, 12:47 PM

So one BRP tech told you to take it to another BRP tech to fix it ????? :roflblack:
:roflblack:

SpyderAnn01
05-29-2012, 12:53 PM
I had the exact same situation with my 2010 RT-S SE-5 @ Spyderfest. Received the same information from the BRP Tech. There is a QWB issued by BRP concerning this issue and can be retrieved by your Dealer on their B.U.D.S. system (if it is up to date). I contacted my local Dealer when I got home from Spyderfest, and they were able to retrieve the information, ordered the necessary parts, notified me when the parts arrived, scheduled the repairs, and the repairs have been completed under warranty.
I would suggest that you ask your servicing Dealer to check it out with BRP technical support, I saw the bulletin on my Dealer's B.U.D.S. system while they were filling out the service ticket, but I did not get the QWB #, sorry!

The service repair order shows the following part #s were used: 709401040 (1) Handlebars /250000494 (1) Screw-Socket HD. DIN.912 S.Grip/ 219800212 (1) Housing-Switch LS
Labor allowed for repairs 0.4 hours

Hope this helps

KYSPYDER

Thank you very much I will pass this on to my dealer.

RAYYOU
05-29-2012, 01:10 PM
My bike had the same problem my local dealer installed the fix right before SpyderFest. The
fix adds a screw to the front side of the housing to pin it to the bars. If these guys can figure it
out there can't be to much to get the info from BRP.

kyspyder
05-29-2012, 05:01 PM
I neglected to mention that it would have been repaired @ Spyderfest with no problem but they did not have the correct parts.

KYSPYDER