PDA

View Full Version : I wonder if spydering is on her bucket list?

wyliec
05-29-2012, 06:58 AM
Saw this today on the Today Show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Qtb3N7eqejM#!

Bob Denman
05-29-2012, 06:59 AM
:yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

spyder3
05-29-2012, 07:08 AM
holy :cus:...nojoke

bo9roadking
05-29-2012, 07:33 AM
Pretty scary. :yikes: It looks like she was having last minute thoughts about jumping out because she kept grabbing onto the plane and the skydiver had to keep moving her hands. It looks like they landed safely, but that could have been really really terrible.

Bob Denman
05-29-2012, 07:47 AM
:agree: Here's to hoping that she gets to 81 in one piece! :shocked: :thumbup:

wyliec
05-29-2012, 10:10 AM
Pretty scary. :yikes: It looks like she was having last minute thoughts about jumping out because she kept grabbing onto the plane and the skydiver had to keep moving her hands. It looks like they landed safely, but that could have been really really terrible.

It may have looked like that; but, on the Today Show she said her knees gave out and she asked the instructor for help in exiting the plane.

ARtraveler
05-29-2012, 11:03 AM
That was a scarry piece to watch. No skydiving for me at any age.

CyncySpyder
05-29-2012, 11:31 AM
Reminded me a couple years back, took a buddy of mine that has CP with me to Florida, to go Skydiving at the Space Center in Titusville. I had three previous jumps under my belt, but this was my buddies first time ever **** and last:yikes: Seems with his CP, his muscles locked up & the instructor literally had to beat his fists free, not only of the door, but of the harness as well, kind of similar to what this lady experienced. If the novice doesn't open their arms & legs, it makes it much more difficult for the instructor to maintane control & that can lead to dissaster. My jump was flawless, and I had no clue what had happened to my buddy, just that his Instructor was beat red & cussing at the top of his lungs as he was walking back to the hangar. That told me something bad had happened, but not what:dontknow: and my buddy refused to say a word when I asked"How'd you like it, anything go wrong, you ok?" He was white as a ghost & breathing so hard, I thought he may have had an asthma attack, but wait, he doesn't have asthma:hun: With having CP he can't walk straight, but more like waddles from side to side, and often falls down, but he gets right back up and goes on, so I helped him back to the hangar, still silent. It wasn't until I watched his video of the jump til I saw what had transpired & I asked him, "OMG, XXXX, why didn't you let go like the instructor told you?""I tried, I did, they wouldn't work, tell him I'm SO sorry." The instructor wouldn't even see us afterwards, and I really can't fault him, as we ALL knew the risks going in, and the instructor chose what he does for a career, but when ones own mortality is jeopardized by someone else, that can really put ones own life into perspective. Among other issues, have to admit, that was the worse vacation I've personally ever had:banghead:

Bob Denman
05-29-2012, 11:35 AM
That was a scarry piece to watch. No skydiving for me at any age.
:agree: If I'm going out the door of a perfectly good airplane at altitude, there'd better be a bullet-hole in my head! :shocked:

Knarfoh
05-29-2012, 11:51 AM
Saw this today on the Today Show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Qtb3N7eqejM#!
I love it when people decide to do stuff like this and then regret it afterwards. My principle point is why do people want to do stuff that physcially (and emotionally) they cannot handle. For a second, I thought she was going to pull the door frame away from the plane, but finally the instructor forced her out. Good decision on his part. LOL. Got close to getting them both killed, but at least they pocketed the money (temporarily, until the lawsuits are filed).

She was dressed to go to the mall. I have seen other pictures of sky diving and people are in jump suits, etc. LOL. FAA licenses these operators if in the USA. Where did this happen?

I blame this on George Bush (the father, not the son... sorry President Ob*ma can't blame this on the younger). He went sky diving on his 80th birthday too.

She has the story of a lifetime. But I heard she is buying a Spyder tomorrow and will be traveling on a highway near you soon.

Bob Denman
05-29-2012, 12:19 PM
:hun: Did George push her out of the plane? :dontknow:
Thankfully she's okay and now can wait and try it again on her 100th birthday... :shocked: