PDA

View Full Version : Frame

arris
05-28-2012, 07:46 AM
I am thinking about making my own floor board set up. I have only one question before I start this job.
:yes:I am thinking about attaching the bracket to the frame.
Is there any wires running thru the frame?:yikes: I don't want to make any problems for my self.
Thank you very much in advance

Mo Lee
05-28-2012, 07:59 AM
Not sure about wires in the frame, however if you are thinking about drilling holes in the frame, I don't advise it.

MMcc
05-28-2012, 08:13 AM
Not sure about the lower section but a friend drilled a small hole for a ground screw under the seat on his 2010 RT and shorted out a bunch of wires. Very expensive fix. Don't drill unless you cannot find another way to make the attachment.

msj4848
05-28-2012, 08:16 AM
How about a small u-bolt around the frame instead?

Bob Denman
05-28-2012, 09:22 AM
Get in touch with rnet; he's got an RT frame in his garage, and won't be using the front half of it for much except a place to hang his good hat while he's happily torching the back half of it off... Maybe he can tell you what holes around the engine mounts are used for what... :thumbup:

NancysToy
05-28-2012, 10:10 AM
Not sure about wires in the frame, however if you are thinking about drilling holes in the frame, I don't advise it.

:agree:

coz
05-28-2012, 03:53 PM
rt or rs?

Farmboy
05-29-2012, 05:40 AM
Do not know about the top of the frame but on my RT the bottom did not have any wires in it.
You should not do any thing to the frame via extra holes or welding. But I did weld on MINE. I have a 1/2 thick plate going all the way across for my hwy boards. but again that is MY responsibility. I am not suggesting it. just merely saying that on 2010 RT, no wires in the bottom.

Bob Denman
05-29-2012, 06:43 AM
That single hunk of steel that wraps around all of the fun parts is what holds all of the pieces together. There ain't no boxed frame under the Tupperware... :shocked: Cutting into it could make a real mess out of both you and the bike! :yikes:

Floyd Baughman
05-29-2012, 07:04 AM
Check out all of the other floorboard instalation, to see how the are ancored to the Spyder. This is what I did and used my own method to ancor my boards to my 2010 RT RM5. These other boards are all on the internet and a break down how they are installed. Do you home work before cutting or welding to the frame for that is your heart of the spyder, any thing you do to the frame may weaken it and may void the warrenty.