PDA

View Full Version : Tucson Spyders

cubuff70
05-28-2012, 12:14 AM
Looking for other Spyders to do some weekend rides with. I've seen a Red RT between Ina and Tangerine on La Canada and a White and a Blue RT parked for maintenance behind the Ride Now on Ina so I know you're out there...hit me up and let's get riding! :)

srarndt
05-29-2012, 05:00 PM
Looking for other Spyders to do some weekend rides with. I've seen a Red RT between Ina and Tangerine on La Canada and a White and a Blue RT parked for maintenance behind the Ride Now on Ina so I know you're out there...hit me up and let's get riding! :)

Have you considered riding up to the event in Durango?

AMTJIM
05-29-2012, 05:58 PM
I took the Buell up to Alpine over the weekend and did some laps up and down 191/180, nice and cool up there, very sceninc and ALOT of fun. I have been up there on the Spyder, too...saw a few Rs/Gs and RT's rolling around up there this weekend. Cabins/hotels and grub everywhere to stay the night, couldn't believe how few people were up there over the weekend. The Mountain High lodge in Alpine is an easy place to stay and access 191 or 180, great fun!

M109Dreamer
05-29-2012, 08:03 PM
I took the Buell up to Alpine over the weekend and did some laps up and down 191/180, nice and cool up there, very sceninc and ALOT of fun. I have been up there on the Spyder, too...saw a few Rs/Gs and RT's rolling around up there this weekend. Cabins/hotels and grub everywhere to stay the night, couldn't believe how few people were up there over the weekend. The Mountain High lodge in Alpine is an easy place to stay and access 191 or 180, great fun!

The wife and I rode 191 all the way from Alpine to Douglas Saturday. We might of crossed paths? We were going south bound. She has a 2011 Silver RTS and I was on a blue M109.

AMTJIM
05-29-2012, 10:27 PM
Yep, I remember that! I had the black and red jacket with all silver helmet.

muonwhiz
05-29-2012, 11:34 PM
Hey I own the Red Spyder RT seen on La Canada, and live in Oro Valley. I have had for about a month now and love it. Had many other 2 wheel bikes before, so this is a new experience. Would love to get together with you or other Tucson spyder riders for rides. Am also interested in knowing if anyone in this area is thinking about going to spyder fest in Durango next month? If interested in riding email me at muonwhiz@msn.com

azrn8285
06-09-2012, 05:04 PM
I have a white RT and am at La Canada and Magee. I have had mine since July 2011. I am a member and Road Captain in the Tucson Freewhelers Riding Club. They are a really fun group to ride with and they have all kinds of bike and trike riders. You all should check them out. I am the only Spyder owner in the group and would love to have some more to ride with. My name is Anne and you can find me on the Tucson Freewheelers website. Come on a ride, there is no obligation to join so try us out! I am leading a ride tomorrow to Mt. Lemmon for lunch. Anne

Hey I own the Red Spyder RT seen on La Canada, and live in Oro Valley. I have had for about a month now and love it. Had many other 2 wheel bikes before, so this is a new experience. Would love to get together with you or other Tucson spyder riders for rides. Am also interested in knowing if anyone in this area is thinking about going to spyder fest in Durango next month? If interested in riding email me at muonwhiz@msn.com

muonwhiz
07-10-2012, 07:17 PM
Gonna be sorry to leave the area, but am moving to TX soon. Last week decided to go on a "goodbye" jaunt, wasn't all that far but sure was hot! I was stopping just about every town that had a convenience store, and got lots of looks dumping cold water over my head (that I hadn't first consumed)- and the spyder got lots of inquiries too! Wont be any warmer in TX- I think if someone could invent an air conditioned helmet it would be awesome! Good journeys to all!

Big Arm
07-10-2012, 07:50 PM
I was looking forward to riding with you this fall when we make our snowbird trip to Tucson. We stay till April, so hope to meet up with some of the locals again this fall. Good luck to you in Texas. Plenty of Spyderlovers down there also.

jimmykjimmy
01-22-2013, 04:33 PM
Well, I've been looking for some Tucson Spyder boys. I live in Oro Valley, had my Spyder since 2010. I go back to MN for work every couple of weeks, but after that I'm free.

AMTJIM
02-02-2013, 10:41 AM
The CASE group out of Phoenix from Meet-up.com is going up Mt. Lemmon today. They started out at 8 am from Phoenix, you could probably run across them.

Chupaca
02-02-2013, 01:25 PM
Isn't this the greatest place..just mention you saw a spyder and they magically appear here. You all get together and ryde..over here and cruise the shores..:clap:

El Dorado Bob
02-02-2013, 03:37 PM
I will Keep an eye out for Arizona Spyders during bike week in April. Will be staying in Scottsdale, but take a day out to run down to Pima Air Museum in Tucson. :D

blambert
02-10-2013, 03:01 AM
Im part of the CASE group up here in Phoenix - anyone going to Spyderfest in Ozark MO at the end of April - my wife and I are going on the Sunday before - should get into MO on Tuesday afternoon / evening Spyderfest starts Wedesday.

Lambo

AMTJIM
08-17-2013, 04:15 PM
out and about

dizzyspots
08-26-2013, 06:38 PM
New 12 Lava Bronze owners in Vail ...Open for nights and weekends

dizzyspots
12-31-2013, 12:03 PM
Bump.... at last count there were 6-7 Spyders in southern AZ. But very little activity on the AZ thread..
Should be good weather this SAt ...any interest in a ride...maybe Nogales/Sonoita loop...Bisbee or Tombstone for lunch...looks like a 70 degree day and sunny

AMTJIM
01-02-2014, 07:59 PM
Dealer never sold the Reaver and a Buell1125R rolled into the showrooom...Reacquired my creation and a Buell replacement. A green 2012 is sitting on the showroom floor if anyone is interested.

dizzyspots
01-05-2014, 04:25 PM
Got to meet a few of the Tucson Spyderlovers....short ride for me out to Gates Pass overlook...would've loved to do the Green Valley lunch portion...looking forward to riding with you folks again...perhaps a Bisbee lunch trip??
cheers

M109Dreamer
01-05-2014, 04:58 PM
Post up when the Tucson Spyders get a ride together and the wife and I might be able to make it. Have family in Sierra Vista and could you it as an excuse to go see them.

jaherbst
01-05-2014, 11:12 PM
PM me your email and phone number. Four of us went Spydering today. Will be meeting again at Montgomerys in Vail AZ on Jan 12th to join the Southeast AZ touring riders luncheon. Your invited. Show at 11;00 lunch at 11;30. Jack

jaherbst
01-05-2014, 11:14 PM
Got to meet a few of the Tucson Spyderlovers....short ride for me out to Gates Pass overlook...would've loved to do the Green Valley lunch portion...looking forward to riding with you folks again...perhaps a Bisbee lunch trip??
cheers

Your on Mike. You missed a good ride and conversation. Let us know when.

Jack and Camille

M109Dreamer
01-05-2014, 11:51 PM
PM me your email and phone number. Four of us went Spydering today. Will be meeting again at Montgomerys in Vail AZ on Jan 12th to join the Southeast AZ touring riders luncheon. Your invited. Show at 11;00 lunch at 11;30. Jack

PM Sent

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Jshomen
01-09-2014, 11:27 PM

Jadel and I very much enjoyed our ride with you on Sunday and will see you sunday at Montgomery's. Let's try to contact all the Spyder owners who are also there and set up a way to communicate so we can schedule some rides. The ride to Bisbee sounds good to us. Thanks, Jack
Jack and Jadel

BroWnTown
06-12-2014, 01:29 AM
Hello all, new here. Looking for some spyder riders to hang with.

jaherbst
06-12-2014, 08:37 AM
Hello all, new here. Looking for some spyder riders to hang with. What part of town are you in? Northside in Oro Valley here.

bubbie
10-20-2014, 02:16 AM
Hi Everyone. We are moving to Tucson the end of November. We will be in SE Tucson. Would love to ryde with other Spyders. We have a 2012 RTS and a 2013 STL.
Looking forward to meeting everyone. :ani29:

Questions
10-29-2014, 02:16 PM
Just purchased a 2014 RTS. We fulltime rv and Tucson is our winter home. maybe up for some rides in area and to meet other Spyder riders.

bubbie
10-29-2014, 10:03 PM
We would love to meet up with you and ryde. We will be spending at least three weeks out of the month in Tucson and one week in Vegas.:ohyea:
What part of town are you in? We are in the southeast.

Just purchased a 2014 RTS. We fulltime rv and Tucson is our winter home. maybe up for some rides in area and to meet other Spyder riders.

torch
10-22-2015, 06:17 PM
Hello all, new here. Looking for some spyder riders to hang with.

Hi, I'm Chuck (Cortaro and Thornydale) my wife Alexandria and I bought a red RT SM5 2 weeks ago and look to hear from folks that might like Sunday rides/Breakfast runs. chuckgiehm@gmail.com

Dan McNally
10-22-2015, 09:14 PM
I rode out to Tucson on my Spyder in April - met up with these folks and went to the Circle S Saloon for breakfast tacos! All three are on the Can-Am Spyder Owners page on facebook.

~~

BaldEagle
11-10-2015, 01:23 PM
Hi to all of you southern Arizona ryders in the Tucson area. I am John from the Southwest Spyder Ryders group on meet-up. A large group of members have planned or first anniversary overnight to Bisbee, Arizona. The group was started the 1st quarter of 2015 and has grown to 70 members. We will be riding to Bisbee from the valley via Tucson on Saturday, March 12th. We will depart the valley and our first stop in the Tuscon area will be exit 236 off the I-10 at Marana to meet others and fuel up. We would like to invite others spyder ryders from your southern arizona group(s) to join us. We are making our own reservations in Bisbee hotels so if you are inclined, join us. Might also be a nice day trip for those not wishing to stay the night. You are welcomed to RSVP at the following web site: http://www.meetup.com/Spyder-Ryders-Of-The-Southwest/events/226500546/. this site also contains trip details and will be updated as time approaches. We hope to see some of you there for making some new friends and seeing old ones. Also, if those wishing to go find it more convenient to meet elsewhere along the route and would like us to stop there, let us know. Please feel free to forward this e-mail to other Spyder ryder groups in the area.

John Gamber :doorag:

torch
05-29-2016, 09:00 PM
I have a red RT I ride to work on. I'd love to talk about Sunday breakfast/brunch runs. Chuck n Alex.

jimmykjimmy
01-16-2017, 07:37 AM
Any group formed yet?

4boywonder6
02-14-2017, 11:42 AM
Any Tucson group established in So Arizona?

Viper61
04-06-2017, 08:22 AM

Located in Dove Mountain (Highlands)

lets all all meet somewhere like Cattlemens Cafe or Cafe next to Safeway

Richard

PS looking to do wine tour

Nikkide85
04-29-2018, 10:59 PM
Hello everyone. I'm new to riding and I am looking for a group to ride with. I'm in love with my spyder and want to explore with other's. Let me know if you are interested in meeting up

Nikkide85
04-29-2018, 11:00 PM

Let's start one if there are no groups

UtahPete
04-29-2018, 11:03 PM
Active one in Sierra Vista. Southern Arizona Spyder Ryders

DesertRhino
05-01-2018, 03:58 PM
I checked out the Southern Az Spyder Riders Facebook page and it appears to be a pretty active group and look forward to going on a ride with them in the future.

https://www.facebook.com/Southern-Arizona-Spyder-Ryders-815966638453337/

It appears there was an attempt to get one started in Tucson last year but it looks like it never got off the ground.

Maybe something in the future, it would be great

bubbie
05-01-2018, 05:09 PM
Hi all! I've read that a few of you are interested in a Tucson area group.
Get in touch with Jeff Wenzen, https://www.facebook.com/jeff.wenzen?ref=br_rs (https://www.facebook.com/jeff.wenzen?ref=br_rs)
He had been interested in starting a group here in Tucson. I live in SE Tucson, Rita Ranch and would ride when we're in town.
:riding:

bubbie
05-01-2018, 11:02 PM
Hi! See my post above!
Get in touch with Jeff Wenzen, https://www.facebook.com/jeff.wenzen?ref=br_rs (https://www.facebook.com/jeff.wenzen?ref=br_rs)
He was interested in getting a group together!
bubbie
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I checked out the Southern Az Spyder Riders Facebook page and it appears to be a pretty active group and look forward to going on a ride with them in the future.

https://www.facebook.com/Southern-Arizona-Spyder-Ryders-815966638453337/

It appears there was an attempt to get one started in Tucson last year but it looks like it never got off the ground.

Maybe something in the future, it would be great

bubbie
05-01-2018, 11:04 PM
Hi! See my post above. Jeff Wenzen was interested in a group. If you're interested in starting one, I'm pretty sure he's got some great insight in starting one. https://www.facebook.com/jeff.wenzen?ref=br_rs (https://www.facebook.com/jeff.wenzen?ref=br_rs)
bubbie
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jwenzen
05-03-2018, 06:27 PM

I used to run a Tucson group but got busy at work and couldn't make it grow as I expected. Would be willing to speak about this if you like. PM me your contact info. What part of the area are you from?

Samson
08-19-2018, 01:43 PM
I have decided to sell the bike due to lack of riding: Pics are in the for sale section.

2016 F3 T SE6, Like New, 4089 miles, first service completed by Sierra Cycles, Baja Ron Sway Bar and upgraded end links, Elka Stage 11 adjustable front shocks, Cruise Control, Audio Package (never used) , LED Fog Lights, LED Head Lights, 2 Foot Peg Extension Lengths- Factory and #5, bike has never had 1 drop of water on it- ever, garaged, Bike cover, Squared Away Laser Alignment, Roadster Renovations Vibration Damper, Extended 3 year BEST factory warranty good to 8/2021, enough extra oil for 3 oil changes, Battery Charger, Bike Cover, Excellent Condition, Has not been driven for approx 4 months – to busy with work. NO Dealers, Serious buyers only, No Consignments, Cash Only, Clear Clean Title, I am original Owner, Call me to discuss at 480-415-7977 or Email me jerry@sonoranpropertyinspections.com
$16950

4boywonder6
03-02-2020, 10:25 AM
Anything happening with the Tucson group, was wondering if anyone was still interested in forming a group if one is not yet going.

JuanB75
10-17-2021, 09:08 AM
Hi All. I'm new to Spyders. I just bought my first one. Its a 2017 RT limited. I was looking over the post here and I see the last one was in 2020 (bad year). I live out in Avra Valley and would like to get with some local riders. Hope to see some of you soon.

pegasus1300
10-23-2021, 11:10 AM
Hey Juan welcome to Spyderlovers.com. Happy to see you made the switch. That is a beautiful Spyder you got there. And you said even Becky likes to ride on it a little. I hope to get down to visit you all come winter. Look for a guy named Utah Pete. He spends his winters in Yuma but also lives in Park City. Great guy. We really miss you all here.

UtahPete
10-23-2021, 08:42 PM
Hi All. I'm new to Spyders. I just bought my first one. Its a 2017 RT limited. I was looking over the post here and I see the last one was in 2020 (bad year). I live out in Avra Valley and would like to get with some local riders. Hope to see some of you soon.

In your area there are a number of SpyderLovers. Jaherbst in oro valley and robhowen in Tucson are two.

brian10x
05-19-2023, 01:03 PM
I know this is an old thread, but I recently joined the Tucson Retreads riding club, and a lot of the members ride Spyders. Long story short, I was intrigued, and Tomorrow I pick up a 2018 Spyder at Sierra Cycles. The Retreads are a nice group, look them up!

DarkHelmet
05-31-2023, 01:28 AM
For anyone who is not getting enough from the Arizona post i have created a new Facebook page called, Can-Am Spyder Riders Southern Arizona. It's new and not a lot of posts, but that will change once more people join. Here is the link. https://www.facebook.com/groups/579367920997820