PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Front /rear shock settings

blambert
05-27-2012, 11:53 PM
Folks,Heading to Colo for two weeks ( 2nd week will be in Durango for the owners session). I will be riding with my BMW friends who like to get into the turns hot and fast. I will attempt to keep up, current setting on my 2011 RS is position 4 for front and rear shocks. Should I move up to position 5 for front shocks and leave postion 4 in the rear? should I set up at position 5 all around or is the difference betrween position 4 and 5 minmal at best I'm 6 ft and 240 pounds. Again will be hitting lots of mountain roads including twisties.Regards.Lambo

NancysToy
05-28-2012, 07:14 AM
It all depends on your preferences and riding style. If you can't keep up now, because of handling difficulties, changing the settings may help. If you can't keep up, but it does not seem to be the Spyder's fault, changing the preload won't do you much good. If I were you, I'd change one end at a time, and go out and see if it makes a difference. Experimenting a bit now is better than finding you need an adjustment on the road. Remember to load your Spyder as you would for the trip. Added cargo changes the handling.