PDA

View Full Version : Musical talent

Arr MiHardies
05-27-2012, 02:32 AM
I was just wondering how much musical talent we have on this board. Myself, I play the bass guitar, played viola in high school, and I also run the sound board at my church for the Saturday night services.

fastfraser
05-27-2012, 05:01 AM
On Sat. night after a few , I can play a mean Air Guitar .:yikes::yikes::roflblack:

Macca
05-27-2012, 07:20 AM
I play in two bands and have done so since I was 13.
I play guitar, bass and some ukulele.
http://www.kmichaelsband.com
http://www.breakinstrings.com

Rando
05-27-2012, 08:44 AM
I know how to operate the Spyder radio. Does that count?

bruiser
05-27-2012, 10:18 AM
I used to play drums, was the sound man and manager for Bruisersbabys band when we were stationed in Delaware. That was another lifetime ago. Bruisersbaby is a very good (yeah I'm partial) vocalist and former guitarest. She has a music ministry where she goes to rest/nursing homes and sings southern gospel and old hymns. She does solos in church and has performed in other venues. She'll cut her first cd sometime in August. She comes from a talented family. Her mom (now resting in Gods care) was a vocalist for a big band in New Jersey in the 40's, played Hawaiin lap steel guitar and piano. Her brother plays acoustic guitar and sings (retiring from the ministry after 40 years). Her dad (also resting in heaven) was a bass singer in the choir. Her grandfather (yep, gone as well) was and end man and drummer in the minstrels. Me? I couldn't carry a tune in a bucket :roflblack:.

arntufun
05-27-2012, 10:37 AM
I wrote, produced, and performed the worlds first Spyderlovers.com song that blew up the charts in 2011. :roflblack:

RoxStar
05-27-2012, 11:13 AM
I have played drums for about 25 years. I played in several local bands over the years. I quit playing a few years back because it was a pain carrying drums in and out of clubs every night. I ended up starting my own business called "Rockstar the Xperience". I had about 20 musicians that I contracted with, they would have to know a list of about 150 songs. They would show up to a gig not knowing who they were jamming with.......the Xperience was more for the audience members.....the audience would come up to the stage and sing a song with the band......much like Karaoke but with a live band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZ2Rzojk6rg

Phil
05-27-2012, 01:47 PM
Vocals. I've been in many choirs, ensembles and quartets over the years. My solo days are pretty much over. Still very active in our praise teams at our church.

Phil, Tyler TX- from my iPad3.5 using Tapatalk HD

ARtraveler
05-27-2012, 08:03 PM
I have played guitar for over 40 years. Got okay at Chet Atkins style and really good at bluegrass flatpicking. I was an orchestra director for a couple big churches and played a lot of solo music for services.

These days its just for the pleasure of the playing. I am priviliged to own some high end model guitars, one a Gretch Chet Atkins model, and the ever present Martin D-28--the choice of most bluegrass pickers.

I also used to play trumpet, clarinet, tenor, and soprano sax.