PDA

View Full Version : would like to get to know other lady riders who live in or near the Adirondacks, NY

cruisinlady
05-26-2012, 09:27 PM
I live between Malone and Massena / am a new spyder owner/ would like to meet some friends/ please respond

ThreeFeet
05-27-2012, 02:26 PM
I live between Malone and Massena / am a new spyder owner/ would like to meet some friends/ please respond I don't live in the NY area but do :welcome: to the best darn site on the www. You will get all kinds of help here if needed, right along with a lot of ribbing!!! We ladies have to stick together!! Don't let the guys give ya a hard time. There's a forum(? I'm NOT computer literite so not sure if it's forum or thread or whatever) For ladies about us and for us. Just look around in here and you'll find it. Hang in there and have a great time with your :spyder2:. The fun is JUST STARTING!!! Welcome to Spyderlovers.com and :congrats:on your purchase of one of the best motorcycles ANYWHERE!!! Be safe:pray: and enjoy your ryde.:ohyea:

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-27-2012, 11:05 PM
Welcome Aboard, now the fun begins....Mike.:agree: :yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes: :welcome: :congrats: :thumbup:

Big Iron
05-27-2012, 11:49 PM
Welcome New Ryder!!!!

trafick
08-13-2012, 11:51 PM
Hey,

I just got a Spyder RT S three weeks ago, and then another a week ago, so that my hubby and I can both drive. I live in the High Peaks region of the Adirondacks in Essex County near Elizabethtown, Moriah, Lake Placid areas. Would love to find other riders to hook up with for some Spyder adventures.

Take care,
Korri

GloryRyders
08-14-2012, 06:29 AM
:welcome: and :congrats: on your new :spyder:.....................We're not in New York, but if you ever get to Missouri give a yell!:2thumbs:

Rar
08-14-2012, 05:24 PM
I live between Malone and Massena / am a new spyder owner/ would like to meet some friends/ please respond

Hi. I live in Plattsburgh, Ny. I've had my Spyder about 10 days and my motorcycle license almost 2 weeks. :D I haven't ventured too far from home, since I am still apprehensive with twistys and turnies and speeds exceeding 45-50 mph. I keep practicing and working on increasing my confidence. It does get better every day.

I, too, would like to meet with new Lady Spyder Ryders in the area and look forward to the time when my skills increase enough to venture away from my immediate area.

I have a RT SE5 AC.

trafick
08-14-2012, 05:55 PM
Hey Rar,

We're in the same boat. Where did you get your Spyder? Roberts? We bought two from there over the last 4 weeks. Bought the first one, took the motorcyle safety course in Plattsburgh and bought the second a few days later. I have to say, that after the course on two wheel bikes, I took to the Spyder like I've been riding motorcycles all my life. I love riding on the curves and hilly roads around here!! But then again, I live on Lincoln Pond Road, which is a hilly, curvy road in itself!

If you ever want to go for a ride, let me know. Only 40 minutes away from you.

Take care,
Korri

Rar
08-14-2012, 08:04 PM
Hi Korri- yes, we bought from Roberts. In fact, I believe we were probably in the store together. I remember Kyle and Nancy saying you were back for your second Spyder. I am familiar with Lincoln Pond Rd, having been raised in Willsboro. Though Plattsburgh is a small city, I still wish the traffic were less. If I could get my Spyder to your area, I would enjoy driving those roads.

trafick
08-14-2012, 11:35 PM
Hi Rar,

I remember you and your husband. We were picking up a magnesium RT S, the second one, that day. My name is on the paperwork but the blue RT S that we got previously is mine!!

I haven't been up to Plattsburgh yet on the Spyder but did go through downtown Lake Placid with all the traffic and pedestrians with no trouble. We've ridden up and down Route 9 quite a bit. It is a good ride with minimal traffic. I don't think that I want to attempt to ride I87 at all. TOOOOO fast for me. But the back roads rule!!

Don't you love Roberts???? What a great group of folks there. Very professional but also personable!

I could head up your way, where you're comfortable, if you'd like sometime.

Keep Ryding!!

Korri

Rar
08-15-2012, 06:50 AM
Roberts is awesome. My Spyder is also a magnesium RT with the A&C pkg.

I wouldn't tackle I-87. My husband is an experienced motorcycle driver and he doesn't even like to drive The traffic moves slowly through Lake Placid. I can only imagine how congested it was during the Rally.

It would be nice to ride together. What North Country rides have you taken?

bruisersbaby
08-15-2012, 06:18 PM
If you're on Facebook, there is a "Girls on Spyders", where you can meet many 'girls' from all over!!

trafick
08-17-2012, 10:06 PM
"Roberts is awesome. My Spyder is also a magnesium RT with the A&C pkg.

I wouldn't tackle I-87. My husband is an experienced motorcycle driver and he doesn't even like to drive The traffic moves slowly through Lake Placid. I can only imagine how congested it was during the Rally.

It would be nice to ride together. What North Country rides have you taken? "

You got one just like my husband's, that's what we were picking up that day. Mine is the Ocean Blue RT with the A&C pkg. We haven't done too many northern rides yet, except Lake Placid. Mostly around here, E-town, Lewis, Keene Valley, Schroon Lake, Ti, Moriah, Westport and a ride in Addison County, VT up to Vergennes. In fact, I realized today that I haven't driven my Jeep since we picked up my husband's bike that day. I've been running all my errands on my Spyder. I do need to go and get some groceries, though. Can't fit it all in the trunks... bummer!

Have you been riding much? I've been trying to ride every day before the rain starts. Having a lot of fun!!

Rar
08-19-2012, 04:19 PM
You've had some excellent rides - lots of twisties and turnies on those roads.

CWilber
09-09-2012, 08:52 AM
You can never have too many places for comraderie so go to FB, Girls on Spyders as bruiserbaby said.

harrypottar
09-09-2012, 01:34 PM
Meet 356 other Girls on Spyders

356 girls all on Spyders, oh man that would one dream come true, oh darn the wife's on her way better run. :roflblack:

Harry

Rar
09-15-2012, 08:32 PM
[/FONT][/B][/FONT]
356 girls all on Spyders, oh man that would one dream come true, oh darn the wife's on her way better run. :roflblack:

Harry

:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

trafick
10-01-2012, 09:00 PM
I hope to take advantage of the nice weather and beautiful colors of fall this weekend. A ride through Lake Placid, Saranac Lake, Tupper Lake, then down through Schroon Lake and back around to Elizabethtown. Had a group ride planned for last weekend, but got rained out.

Going to be a fun ride!

trafick
10-08-2012, 09:31 AM
I hope to take advantage of the nice weather and beautiful colors of fall this weekend. A ride through Lake Placid, Saranac Lake, Tupper Lake, then down through Schroon Lake and back around to Elizabethtown. Had a group ride planned for last weekend, but got rained out.

Going to be a fun ride!

After two weekends of rain, finally going to go on our Fall Foliage ride today. There's going to be three Spyders and two trikes rolling through the Adirondack Mountains today! Woohoo! Going to be a little bit chilly, but that's why I have a heavy coat and pants! Running out of rYding time here, so I'm taking every opportunity that I can before we have to put them away for the winter.

Yippee!!

Rar
10-08-2012, 12:20 PM
After two weekends of rain, finally going to go on our Fall Foliage ride today. There's going to be three Spyders and two trikes rolling through the Adirondack Mountains today! Woohoo! Going to be a little bit chilly, but that's why I have a heavy coat and pants! Running out of rYding time here, so I'm taking every opportunity that I can before we have to put them away for the winter.

Yippee!!

I'm going out for a short ride a bit later this afternoon. I also haven't been out in a couple of weeks due to the rain and heavy winds. Presently it's 50 degrees here, so I'm guessing I may have a chance to try my heated grips. You're right- only a little riding time left.

trafick
10-09-2012, 05:17 PM
I'm going out for a short ride a bit later this afternoon. I also haven't been out in a couple of weeks due to the rain and heavy winds. Presently it's 50 degrees here, so I'm guessing I may have a chance to try my heated grips. You're right- only a little riding time left.

Did I see that you bought another Spyder at Roberts? Hubby got one? If so, you did what we did, except mine is the Optical Blue and my hubby got the Magnesium.

Rar
10-09-2012, 05:32 PM
Did I see that you bought another Spyder at Roberts? Hubby got one? If so, you did what we did, except mine is the Optical Blue and my hubby got the Magnesium.

Yes- :clap::clap::clap: We picked it up today. I have much more confidence in my ryding now. The 4 of us should try to get together before the season ends. If not this year, perhaps early next year. Being a 2 Spyder family is such fun isn't it?

trafick
10-10-2012, 07:17 PM
Yes- :clap::clap::clap: We picked it up today. I have much more confidence in my ryding now. The 4 of us should try to get together before the season ends. If not this year, perhaps early next year. Being a 2 Spyder family is such fun isn't it?

Congrats!! I saw the photo from Roberts on Facebook. We would love to get a ryde in sometime! We went out Monday for a ride with 2 Goldwing trikes, a lady from Port Henry with a Limited RT and a Harley. It was a fun and beautiful ride, especially seeing all the heads turn with they saw three Spyders and 2 trikes cruising down the road.

We love our Spyders. We ryde them to work in the mornings when it isn't raining. My students now look for my motorcycle jacket to see if I rode it to school or not. They think it is pretty cool that their teacher rides a motorcycle! :shocked: I hope the weather holds out for a few more rydes!! The winters are just too long here and I'm not ready for it to start yet.

Rar
10-10-2012, 09:02 PM
Congrats!! I saw the photo from Roberts on Facebook. We would love to get a ryde in sometime! We went out Monday for a ride with 2 Goldwing trikes, a lady from Port Henry with a Limited RT and a Harley. It was a fun and beautiful ride, especially seeing all the heads turn with they saw three Spyders and 2 trikes cruising down the road.

We love our Spyders. We ryde them to work in the mornings when it isn't raining. My students now look for my motorcycle jacket to see if I rode it to school or not. They think it is pretty cool that their teacher rides a motorcycle! :shocked: I hope the weather holds out for a few more rydes!! The winters are just too long here and I'm not ready for it to start yet.

Can you see 5 Spyders and 2 trikes from the North Country? How cool would that be? :2thumbs::clap::clap::clap: I'm not ready yet either for winter. :(

trafick
10-12-2012, 09:44 PM
Can you see 5 Spyders and 2 trikes from the North Country? How cool would that be? :2thumbs::clap::clap::clap: I'm not ready yet either for winter. :(

That would be cool!!! There is another Spyder in Witherbee but we don't know who owns it... We've seen her and her husband ryding around town here and there. Gonna be a cold one tonight. I had to head out of town to help out my mom. She fractured a vertebrae in her back, so I had to leave the Spyder at home with my hubby. He'll take good care of it.

SilverSpyderRT
01-20-2013, 04:23 PM
Hi,
This is probably way past time for responding, but I live in the Adirondacks.......very close to Saratoga Springs and we ride all over the area......from Plattsburgh to Schaghticoke to Stillwater, Cambridge, Hartford, Granville, Lake Luzerne, Lk George, Ft. Ann, and the VT side as well as far as Burlington.
So give me a shout if you want to chat. I will try to remember to check this site out every couple of weeks. I tend to go on spydertalk more often, but this site seems to be more promising. I check spydertalk to get dates for the Spyder Rally they have every summer. And yes, Roberts are great, we met them this past year at the Spyder Rally. They really put on a nice spread for everyone and they were a poker run participant.

Littlebadwolf
01-20-2013, 04:50 PM
Keep your eyes peeled for Spyders in the Adirondacks..Lake Placid...Visit this website to monitor schedules as they are announced...It's a great time...
http://www.spydertalk.com/forums/forum/183-spyders-in-the-adirondacks-rally/

Spidergirl
01-20-2013, 05:28 PM
Hi. I live in Plattsburgh, Ny. I've had my Spyder about 10 days and my motorcycle license almost 2 weeks. :D I haven't ventured too far from home, since I am still apprehensive with twistys and turnies and speeds exceeding 45-50 mph. I keep practicing and working on increasing my confidence. It does get better every day.

I, too, would like to meet with new Lady Spyder Ryders in the area and look forward to the time when my skills increase enough to venture away from my immediate area.

I have a RT SE5 AC.
Welcome, my spyder is sleeping in the garage. I am taking a course and going 4 my license in the spring. I think I will be like you for awhile taking it slow with the twisters and turnips. Keep practicing and don't give up. I live near Ottawa Ontario. I have been to Plattsburgh a few times. Enjoy your :spyder2:.:congrats:

Spidergirl
01-20-2013, 05:35 PM
welcome to the site. I am a new spyder owner too. I am going for my license in the spring. I live near Ottawa Ontario. :congrats:

Phyllis
01-23-2013, 04:07 PM
I have a 2011 RT-S Spyder (red viper), now have over 10,000 on it. I live in Williston, Vt . I enjoy riding in Northeastern NY., great roads. Maybe we can meet up sometime.
:2thumbs:
Welcome .

trafick
02-21-2013, 12:28 PM
I have a 2011 RT-S Spyder (red viper), now have over 10,000 on it. I live in Williston, Vt . I enjoy riding in Northeastern NY., great roads. Maybe we can meet up sometime.
:2thumbs:
Welcome .

That would be great! I am so looking forward to warmer weather to get the Spyders out and running. I want to try out my new mods, too. We bought a backrest for mine and racing stripes and new dash covers to add to both bykes, when the temps warm up enough to install them.

It will be soon enough and the roar of the engines will be ringing in my ears.

Take care,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

trafick
02-21-2013, 12:42 PM
Hi,
This is probably way past time for responding, but I live in the Adirondacks.......very close to Saratoga Springs and we ride all over the area......from Plattsburgh to Schaghticoke to Stillwater, Cambridge, Hartford, Granville, Lake Luzerne, Lk George, Ft. Ann, and the VT side as well as far as Burlington.
So give me a shout if you want to chat. I will try to remember to check this site out every couple of weeks. I tend to go on spydertalk more often, but this site seems to be more promising. I check spydertalk to get dates for the Spyder Rally they have every summer. And yes, Roberts are great, we met them this past year at the Spyder Rally. They really put on a nice spread for everyone and they were a poker run participant.

That would be great! Would love to ryde with other Spyder lovers!! I am hoping that the have the rally again this year. We didn't get out Spyders very long before the rally and we unable to register for it. We did go up to the meet and greet, during the wonderful rainstorm, but didn't stay very long. Had to make the trip back through the Cascades before another batch of thunderstorms came through. There has been word on Spydertalk that they want to have it in a different venue. I hope not. The Adirondacks is a perfect place for them. My husband and I would even get a hotel room for the week, instead of driving back and forth, so that we could get the full Spyder experience and meet fellow ryders.

I am excited about getting a full ryding season in this year. It cannot come quick enough for me. I am so over all of this snow and cold weather!

Take care

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

kawakii
03-04-2013, 01:32 AM
We live in NH but we have parents that live in S. Burlington Vt so we find ourselves up in Vt and the Adirondacks riding for at least a couple of weekends and a whole week for Spyders in the Adirondacks. I love Vt and NY wish we could live there year round too bad about those pesky things called jobs :(

trafick
06-11-2013, 12:30 PM
Hello Ladies!

Summer is here and school is almost done for the summer! :yes: :bowdown: It is time that we start planning a get-together and tackle some of those Adirondack roads. With the weather and school-year, it is impossible to get to a lot of the Spyder events, like SpyderFest and the Owner's Event this week. Our rYding season is short enough, so let's think about when we can get on the road and get some mYles of smYles!

Let me know what you think!

Korri

arntufun
06-17-2013, 04:14 PM
Hello Ladies!

Summer is here and school is almost done for the summer! :yes: :bowdown: It is time that we start planning a get-together and tackle some of those Adirondack roads. With the weather and school-year, it is impossible to get to a lot of the Spyder events, like SpyderFest and the Owner's Event this week. Our rYding season is short enough, so let's think about when we can get on the road and get some mYles of smYles!

Let me know what you think!

Korri

Don't forget, that Spyderquest is in Lake George, NY Sept. 19-21st.

trafick
06-17-2013, 08:55 PM
Oh yeah! But once again, I'll be back in school then, so I won't be able to come down until late Friday.

Plus, just looking for a day here or there to hit the roads with other Spyders! Had a great rYde Saturday going from the Lake Champlain Bridge through Vermont, up to the Grand Isles and back down through Plattsburgh then home. 200 miles round trip with some great friends. Two Spyders and a Goldwing trike, traveling around Lake Champlain. About eight hours of riding and sight seeing on a beautiful day!

Gator37
01-26-2015, 06:24 PM
Welcome to the Forum and I think you will really enjoy the Spyder. I worked on the St. Lawrence Seaway back in 57-60 and was an Operator on the Dam in Massena. Beautiful country but gets kind of Cold. Enjoy and be SAFE.

yudywife
07-09-2015, 01:33 PM
Sorry - too far for me to come for a weekend ride (from Texas) - but check out Girls on Spyders (GOS). Group of women that love to ryde their Spyders from all over the world. Enjoy the RYDE!

gkamer
07-09-2015, 04:00 PM
In fact, I realized today that I haven't driven my Jeep since we picked up my husband's bike that day. I've been running all my errands on my Spyder. I do need to go and get some groceries, though. Can't fit it all in the trunks... bummer!

You could always make 2 trips, maybe even three. That's what I would do.....:shocked:

bmccaffrey
07-12-2015, 08:13 PM
I live in Rome NY and have a camp in Morristown NY.

I would love to hook up and ride with any Spyders :yes:

Macgyver55
10-07-2015, 10:02 PM
Hey,

I just got a Spyder RT S three weeks ago, and then another a week ago, so that my hubby and I can both drive. I live in the High Peaks region of the Adirondacks in Essex County near Elizabethtown, Moriah, Lake Placid areas. Would love to find other riders to hook up with for some Spyder adventures.

Take care,
Korri
welcome the ny spyder riders sponcer the three day event at lake george great escape lodge in september every year it gets better and we ride your beautiful back yard :doorag:

Brettssunshine
10-08-2015, 07:59 AM
Welcome Aboard, now the fun begins....Mike.:agree: :yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes: :welcome: :congrats: :thumbup:

I guess the font size is for all of the "older" members of Spyderlovers? :dg2::dg1:

And WELCOME to the club!

And....Wow, this post is several years old! I guess I need to look at the original date first.