PDA

View Full Version : This was really strange......

smurfette
05-25-2012, 11:25 PM
Earlier tonight, hubby and I were on the way home from a friend's house, and we were on a fairly twisty road. Going around one of the turns, without me moving the handlebars, Smurfette followed the road right around and through the turn!!! It almost felt like I was able to steer using only pressure from my legs. My ryde is a 2010 RT-A. Anyone ever have anything like this happen???:dontknow:

Bob Denman
05-26-2012, 06:59 AM
You must have a LImited with the GPS Auto-Pilot feature... :roflblack:
You may have been giving a bit more input to the bars than you realized while grabbing the "tank" with your legs... (Just a guess!) A soft touch works wonders!:thumbup:

ARtraveler
05-26-2012, 02:43 PM
:agree:

smurfette
05-27-2012, 11:24 AM
Thank you so much! I knew that someone here would have the answer!:bowdown: Whew, at least it wasn't brain cramps or road gremlins:roflblack:

Buttsy
05-27-2012, 01:57 PM
Agree with above but also, the degree of the turn whether it is a banked curve etc.......may contribute to the "hands off" experience. Some curves are just meant to "cruise" through!:thumbup:

boborgera
05-27-2012, 02:59 PM
Earlier tonight, hubby and I were on the way home from a friend's house, and we were on a fairly twisty road. Going around one of the turns, without me moving the handlebars, Smurfette followed the road right around and through the turn!!! It almost felt like I was able to steer using only pressure from my legs. My ryde is a 2010 RT-A. Anyone ever have anything like this happen???:dontknow:

Sometimes when you're in the groove you become one with the machine, And you don't realize your actually steering.:thumbup:

smurfette
05-27-2012, 08:17 PM
Sometimes when you're in the groove you become one with the machine, And you don't realize your actually steering.:thumbup:

:roflblack:You're right..... to quote a line from one of the Star Trek Movies....."You must become one with the horse (Spyder)"