PDA

View Full Version : Fog light switch

dguisinger
05-23-2012, 04:31 PM
Where does the dealer install the fog light switch on the RS? Do they randomly punch a hole somewhere for a factory option or is there a standard spot for it?

NancysToy
05-23-2012, 05:02 PM
It is installed in the lower left cowl panel, beneath the left emblem on the handlebar. There is a template in the installation instructions.

dguisinger
05-23-2012, 07:00 PM
It is installed in the left "Y-panel" beneath the left grip. There is a template in the installation instructions.

I can't visualize this, does anyone have a photo?
When you say Y panel do you mean the inset plastic that has a printed spyder logo on it?

NancysToy
05-23-2012, 07:35 PM
My mistake! (See how bad old folks' memories can be. I have corrected my previous post.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15399&d=1238629339

dguisinger
05-23-2012, 07:41 PM
Thanks

I do wish they had more of a button/switch console like the RT has, I just find it so weird when I see buttons and switches installed in what seem like odd places... I'd almost prefer they wire it to the headlights and have them always running than add a switch :P

pro10is
05-23-2012, 10:24 PM
Be careful where you install it if you have any plans on adding a dash kit in the future.

dguisinger
05-23-2012, 11:57 PM
Be careful where you install it if you have any plans on adding a dash kit in the future.

Thanks for the heads up; I hadn't thought that far ahead and that probably wouldn't have occurred to me. The mods I'm looking to do are minimally invasive...

So far I've looked at adding a bump skid, i've ordered a replacement parking brake pedal because I have trouble hitting it and often get my foot stuck between the pedal and the body of the bike.

I'm considering the fog lights, and doing the after market HID upgrade... but beyond that I'm hesitant to make major changes to the look of the spyder...