PDA

View Full Version : FOX SHOCKS

twrchf
05-23-2012, 01:27 PM
I test rode a 2012 RS standard shock and a 2012 RSS which had the FOX Shock. There is a big difference in handeling and cornering. The fox shock is by far better on the RSS. When you finish riding them back to back you know without question the FOX Shock is far superior. Has anyone ridden the FOX Shock and now have another brand of shock they think is far superior to the FOX. If so how much does it cost, where can I get it and will it fit a 2010 RSS without any modifications.

Camdenlake
05-23-2012, 02:04 PM
Elka seems the be the shock of choice for the Spyder and lots of other stuff. They make a top quality product i plan to put them on soon. Not sure how they compare to the Fox. I do suspect the Elka would be superior just not sure what level of Elka.

Josh

Firefly
05-23-2012, 02:09 PM
I test rode a 2012 RS standard shock and a 2012 RSS which had the FOX Shock. There is a big difference in handeling and cornering. The fox shock is by far better on the RSS. When you finish riding them back to back you know without question the FOX Shock is far superior. Has anyone ridden the FOX Shock and now have another brand of shock they think is far superior to the FOX. If so how much does it cost, where can I get it and will it fit a 2010 RSS without any modifications.

Rode 2012 with Fox.... then back on my Elka's......

Hands down... ELKA wins.... :thumbup:

twrchf
05-24-2012, 11:12 AM
Rode 2012 with Fox.... then back on my Elka's......

Hands down... ELKA wins.... :thumbup:

OK, which ELKA do I get assuming they have more than one that fits a 2010 RS-S. Any idea on the price.

daveinva
05-24-2012, 11:57 AM
Everything you could want to know about the Fox shocks on an RS from one who bought and installed them, i.e. me:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?37621-Fox-Racing-Shocks-Review

Bottom line: I have no experience with the Elkas, I'm sure they're better, but I have zero regrets in buying the more-affordable Fox shocks, I'm VERY happy with them (they performed awesomely on my recent 2,000-mile backroads hooligan trip).