PDA

View Full Version : Tested Out My New Shocks

Paula(Butch2025)
05-22-2012, 09:23 PM
Went for a 40 to 50 mile ride to test out my new Penske/Osburnsen shocks. I figured I'd have to make up some story about how wonderful they are compared to the stock shock, but I really did notice a difference!!! The route I chose was a bit hilly and in some parts almost twisty for this part of Minnesota!!! the wind was at 20-25mph...so this was a perfect evening to test them out. Cornering was smoother and very responsive, normally I have to really muscle the spyder on Hog's Back Road (a nice twisty road) I don't think it was my imagination it turned wonderfully. The wind was not an issue at all compared to how it handled last weekend when the whole thing was leaning from time to time from a super strong crosswind! Even the lovely pothole patches felt smoother with these shocks...the front wheels bounce as per normal but there was no chop or any extra movement!
Thanks Seth for giving me the opportunity to test these shocks and for the set up advice so Butch could adjust them just for me! Can't wait to try them out on the mountain roads in Durango!

Bob Denman
05-23-2012, 06:33 AM
:2thumbs: Now could we have just a wee bit more info on the shocks?? (First time that I've ever heard of them...):opps:

Paula(Butch2025)
05-23-2012, 06:44 AM
:2thumbs: Now could we have just a wee bit more info on the shocks?? (First time that I've ever heard of them...):opps:

They are some Penske shocks that SethO(sburnsen, that's where the "O" comes from) had gathering dust in his garage...he asked if I wanted to try them out on my spyder. I will have to have him chime in with his vast knowledge to give you details about them. I do know that he told Butch bback them off 3 turns from how they were set up for him...I'm not quite up to his driving style!:doorag:
--Paula