PDA

View Full Version : HOT FOOT ON RIGHT SIDE-HELP!!!!

canchess
05-22-2012, 11:14 AM
i have a spyder pops kit on it, an iscs can--still gets to Gosh Darn HOT on a warm day! Warm days are when we love to ride and i have to worry about burning my leg off that has no feeling---sux!!!
Anybody? thanks, Canchess:mad::banghead:

Lamonster
05-22-2012, 11:18 AM
Wear boots nojoke

Derek Paisley
05-22-2012, 11:26 AM
Wear boots nojoke

:agree:

JCSMOKE
05-22-2012, 01:44 PM
boots do help a lot, with shoes I can feel the heat soon after start up with boots the heat isn't noticed quite so much.

Farmboy
05-22-2012, 02:50 PM
Just a thought..... check and see if the Tupperware is installed right. the middle portion, you should not be able to put your fingers in between them... black and the painted panel. a lot of heat will come out of that hole if there not installed right. every time I have took mine into the dealer, I have to take apart and reinstall. Its hard to exsplain what I am talking about... Maybe some one will chime in and can say it better.

gimpygary62
06-09-2012, 09:32 AM
I tried the boot option but it didn't work for me. I couldn't find anything that didn't cause pressure sores. I've got the spyder pops stuff and it helps the bike quite a bit but it didn't do much for me.

After my spyder burned a hole in my ankle about the size of a silver dollar I made myself a pad/shield that I strap on before I ride.

I used a padded bra (the ones with the "mineral inserts"). For good measure I used some 3m adhesive and glued exhaust wrap to the outside of the it. I pop riveted an elastic strap on it with some velcro sewn on the ends. It does a real good job of padding the ankle and keeping the heat off it. Not only that but I went up a whole cup size and my ankles have never looked more firmer or appealing.:roflblack:

Buttsy
06-09-2012, 10:01 AM
After my spyder burned a hole in my ankle about the size of a silver dollar I made myself a pad/shield that I strap on before I ride.

Wow that just sounds painfull...........:yikes:

Derek Paisley
06-09-2012, 10:56 AM
I noticed that I experienced a "hot foot" until I noticed at I had about 2 Inches of peg left to use. I kept my leg flush against the side. When I began to keep my feet on the outer part of the pegs, no more excess heat.m

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

gimpygary62
06-09-2012, 11:05 AM
Wow that just sounds painfull...........:yikes:

Didn't feel a thing. That's the issue. Folks with sensation get a warning when something cooking..... gimpers don't, we figure it out after the damage is done:banghead:.

Buttsy
06-09-2012, 12:55 PM
Didn't feel a thing. That's the issue. Folks with sensation get a warning when something cooking..... gimpers don't, we figure it out after the damage is done:banghead:.

I noticed after I posted, your avatar picture and the fact your were in a wheelchair and wondered that myself? Gary does your situation also make you more suseptible to a burn, I agree it gets hot down there but can't picture it getting hot enough to cause a burn?

This is the truly "cool" part about the Spyder, it appeals to all sorts of folks of all different ages and abilities!:thumbup:

SethO
06-10-2012, 09:06 PM
do you have ISCI floorboards? they helped out quite a bit and I have not had heat issues on my foot since I go them. I cooked my foot like a sausage before I got them and the spyderpops stuff.

Dan E firefly gave me some heat shielding for the upper left side where I got a few burns at spyderfest, When i get that setup I will post some pics.

you should post some pics of where the heat is coming in on your spyder.

jgride
06-24-2012, 06:55 PM
Hot foot gon with new floorboards jmfloorboardsllc.com on google

rock
07-09-2012, 08:13 PM
is this only with sport models?? we have 2010 dresser and have no problems with hot foot. even with a good exhaust system ..no prob