PDA

View Full Version : I done did it

xpeschon
05-21-2012, 04:55 AM
Well I decided to trade in the spYder for a Brand New (well by calendar years its 8 years old) Honda Rune. I have had my eye on this bike for many years. Infact I have a bit of a story that comes along with this bike, I will try to keep it short. About 3 years ago when I was looking for a new bike it was either the Rune or the Spyder.. I went back and forth between Cowtown for the spyder and our local Honda shop, This process went on for about 2 weeks.. After running out to the honda shop only to be informed that they had sold the bike my decision was much easier, its SPYDER time, I then went to Cowtown and bought my spyder.. I would run out to the Honda shop every now and then and the rune would still be sitting there with a SOLD sign on it, this went on for the past 3 years, bike still there, sold sign on it.. The dealer had informed me early on that a Civilian DOD individual had bought the bike and will assume responsibility of it once he gets back from Afghanistan. At any rate for the past 4 months the owner of the dealership had sent certified letters to the individual and there has been NO RESPONSE from him, apparently he had put a LARGE down payment on the rune and was to pay for the rest once he arrived back in the states. After months of attempting to get a hold of him with no reply the owner decided to put it back on the market, its all about timing I guess.. I was out there a couple weeks ago and he informed me that he was going to put the rune back up for sale, he knew I was interested cause I always questioned him for the past few years on the bike, I told him I would take it and didn't look back. He gave me a fair amount for the spyder and off I went on the rune last week. I miss the spyder but I KNOW I will be the owner of another one in the near future, its just a matter of time. The Rune I bought is a 2004 model, ZERO miles, got the 3 year warrenty and also bought an additional 3 years for 700.00 dollars. Its a nice machine and more power and torque then I think I will ever need. I will post pictures in the next day or two.

In closing, I would like to thank many members here for there support, I hate to mention names but I gotta tell you theres a few that I have to mention, First to Len from Cowtown, brother you know I support you in anything you may need, and for all your help and quidance, you are a very close friend of mine. MoLee, dude you are the man, I have enjoyed (and will continue to enjoy) your mechanical skill conversations along with your friendship.. Don and Bridgett, you guys are special to me, I love to see the both of you ride your bikes in and around town, love the Ice Cream stops and look forward to riding with you folks. LaMonster, I have called, PM and you always come back with what I want to hear, or a suggestion that I never thought of, its nice to know a person that has so much KNOWLEDGE on the spyder, you are a handy man to have around thats for sure. Scotty, wow what can I say, you have assisted me in several modifications and gave me LOTS of things to think about prior to me actually attempting the modification, the APE hangers come to mind right Scotty?? Steve and Connie--Although I have not know you very long it feels as though I have know you both a life time, I LOVED working with the both of you during spydfest, you are a fine couple and I love your style.. Again as stated earlier, I hate to mention people but I felt as though a few had to be mentioned.

I will be lurching around spyderlovers and will stay up to date with the spyder for again, I will own another one day. I look forward to spyderfest in the following years and will be just as active as the past years if you let me Len, ha ha..

Its been fun and its been real..

Thank you to ALL the members who have helped me with questions about the spyder.

X Joe

GloryRyders
05-21-2012, 05:18 AM
Joe, :congrats: on your new ryde.............hope to see it Saturday, June 2nd! :2thumbs::yes:

Mo Lee
05-21-2012, 05:29 AM
Don't mention it Joe, I almost feel guilty as your inspiration on both the Spyder and the Rune. What's next a V8 bike?:roflblack: Congrats on the Rune I wouldn't mind one of them myself.

Bob Denman
05-21-2012, 06:23 AM
:congrats: on the new ride! You WILL have to post a pic or three of it for us all to drool over... :shocked: :thumbup:

SteveMac
05-21-2012, 06:28 AM
Can't wait to see it brother! I didn't realize it had zero miles. Neat story. Patience paid off!

NancysToy
05-21-2012, 06:49 AM
Joe, buddy, that Rune is you! The pic of you sitting on it is classic. You look right at home. You certainly don't have to lurk here...keep on participating. You are still one of us, no matter what you choose to ride. Can't wait to see the new ride in person. Have a ball! :clap:

JCSMOKE
05-21-2012, 06:56 AM
That's going to look sweet with ape hangers!

CyncySpyder
05-21-2012, 08:11 AM
Its said there is a time and place for everything and you just provided all of us with a perfect example :thumbup: Great story from a Great man, Teddy & I look forward to seeing the pics :thumbup:
:b2b::congrats: :b2b:

Lamonster
05-21-2012, 08:20 AM
Joe you are a quiet guy that that stands out in a crowd. I've watched you work at all the Spyderfest and you are a good guy. I hate to see you move on to another ride but you always be my friend. I wish the best for you and you couldn't have picked a better ride to trade to. Gook luck my friend and don't be a stranger. :doorag:

Yazz
05-21-2012, 08:39 AM
Joe, a great story for sure! Congrats on the Rune, it fits your style very well. :doorag:

Hope you'll stay in touch with us SpyderLovers and looking forward to riding with you again...

docdoru
05-21-2012, 09:01 AM
Its a nice machine and more power and torque then I think I will ever need. X Joe
Something like that doesn't exist...;)
:congrats:for your new ride! :thumbup:

Buttsy
05-21-2012, 09:14 AM
What a cool opportunity (brand new 2004).............I would of jumped on it as well! Congratulations and enjoy.........hopefully the fellow who left the downpayment is ok.:doorag:

DynamoBT
05-21-2012, 10:05 AM
Congratulations on the new bike. The Rune is in a class by itself! I hope you enjoy the heck out of it!!!

Firefly
05-21-2012, 10:37 AM
:congrats:

I've always liked the Rune..... really sharp bike!

Post pics soon... can't wait to see it next Spyderfest... if not sooner...... :thumbup:

ARtraveler
05-21-2012, 11:19 AM
:congrats: It all sounds like it was meant to be. The Rune is a really nice ride. :2thumbs:

Luckyme
05-21-2012, 01:06 PM
Congrats on that Rune. Those are such a unique and sharp ride.
I wanted one when I first saw them too. However, since I tour more that ride alone, the GL1800 was my ride. The 1832cc Honda 6 cyl. is an amazing engine, and will run forever. The Rune design is so darn sleek too. Put em' together, and what a ride. I did not understand why they did not sell more than they did, but to obtain a 3 year old new one is amazing. I just hope nothing bad happened to the first buyer. I know some soldiers there, and its not a great place to be.
P.S. Thanks to all of you who served too! Great respect for all of you. :clap:

MickeyFisher
05-21-2012, 01:28 PM
Congratulations, can't wait to see the ape hangers on that thing! :p

Big Arm
05-21-2012, 01:41 PM
:congrats: Joe on the new ride
If you get up this way again, be sure to get ahold of me.
See you at Spyderfest 4, if not before.

ezduzit
05-21-2012, 02:48 PM
Great story!!!:D And a big thanks, Joe, because of your new Toy, I received "new" stuff for mines!!!! A big THANKS!!! again :2thumbs:

xpeschon
05-22-2012, 02:44 PM

Heres a few pics for now..

X Joe

wyliec
05-22-2012, 02:46 PM
I was going to ask you about the chevy emblem and then realized what I was looking at.

Yazz
05-22-2012, 05:48 PM
Beautiful bike! Love the front forks...:doorag: