PDA

View Full Version : 2011 RTS Dies at highway speeds

CZPK
05-20-2012, 08:16 PM
I have had had the spyder die multiple times. Highway speeds and 30 MPH and lower. Just had the oil changed and the latest software updates. It did happen again today. It always starts right back up after it dies. I have not checked the to see if there are any codes. They told me the last code was a communication error. Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

NancysToy
05-20-2012, 08:43 PM
A serious problem like that (and a complex one) should not be diagnosed via the Internet, and it certainly deserves more than a driveway repair. Time to see the dealer.

Camdenlake
05-20-2012, 09:32 PM
:agree: You wouldnt want it to get worse and leave you stranded or cause a more serious issue.

Josh

Nikon
05-20-2012, 10:08 PM
This happened to me recently. I put some items in my trunk before heading out on a trip. I started my Spyder and rode about a quarter of a mile when the engine stopped. The digital display flashed an orange error light "trunk open". I closed the trunk and had no further problems. Possibly one of your trunk latch switches is defective. I was surprised that with an open rear trunk, that the Spyder drove as far as it did. Did you see the error light on your digital display?

napper39
05-20-2012, 10:26 PM
here i go agin loose fuse or relay,loose battery wire yes it hapend to me and i found a loose relay pushed it in and i check them every 500 miles found moore loose from time to time man i ride that :bdh:in to the ground but it hapens moore than you can beleave.:yikes:please check often.:pray::lecturef_smilie: love you guys just trying to help:thumbup:

CyncySpyder
05-20-2012, 11:53 PM
This happened to me recently. I put some items in my trunk before heading out on a trip. I started my Spyder and rode about a quarter of a mile when the engine stopped. The digital display flashed an orange error light "trunk open". I closed the trunk and had no further problems. Possibly one of your trunk latch switches is defective. I was surprised that with an open rear trunk, that the Spyder drove as far as it did. Did you see the error light on your digital display?

But, It should :lecturef_smilie:NOT EVER KILL YOUR ENGINE:lecturef_smilie:
Like napper said, check your fuses and relays &
Like Scotty said, especially knowing that you've already had a Communication error code, you need a Qualified Spyder Tech to be looking into this for you.

Good luck & keep us posted:popcorn:

Bob Denman
05-21-2012, 06:54 AM
A serious problem like that (and a complex one) should not be diagnosed via the Internet, and it certainly deserves more than a driveway repair. Time to see the dealer.

:agree: The next time it pulls this stunt; try pulling up any active codes that might be present. It could help point your dealer in the right direction! Please let us know what they find... Good Luck! :thumbup:

ARtraveler
05-21-2012, 01:03 PM
Please keep us posted.