PDA

View Full Version : Too funny not to post here

Lamonster
05-20-2012, 03:45 PM
Some guy on the Can Am Spyder Facebook page posted this. nojoke

Someone needs to inform your marketing department that your riders cannot give the "V-Twin" hand sign as indicated on your TV ads. That privlage is reserved for V-Twin MOTORCYLCE riders. You three wheelers are neither a V-Twin or a motorcycle.:roflblack:

Mo Lee
05-20-2012, 03:51 PM
I wish it was not a V-Twinkie, however it is what it is.

arntufun
05-20-2012, 03:52 PM
That just made my day. :roflblack::roflblack: You signature quote fits perfect for this guy. :firstplace:

MickeyFisher
05-20-2012, 03:55 PM
:roflblack: I thought it was a joke at first, and then I realized an actual adult human being posted that in a public forum. I had to resist the urge to pile on. Sheesh.

Lamonster
05-20-2012, 04:03 PM
That just made my day. :roflblack::roflblack: You signature quote fits perfect for this guy. :firstplace:

Like I've always said ;)

BajaRon
05-20-2012, 04:06 PM
Like I've always said ;) ... Anything is possible if you have no idea what you're talking about....

MickeyFisher
05-20-2012, 04:16 PM
Admittedly, my wave to other Spyder ryders in the wild is a bit over the top. One of BRP's camera guys happened to be filming me when I passed this guy out of nowhere. I was so excited to see him that I gave him the old Arsenio Hall fist pump.

ThreeFeet
05-20-2012, 04:21 PM
Just shows ya can't fix STUPID!!!

Firefly
05-20-2012, 04:30 PM
Yeah -- that guy reminds me of the 'cubby' in the Spyder trunk......because he's a toolbag ;)---- I didn't really know there was a 'specific' V-twin signal....... I find most folks do varying kind of waves and there is no real 'standard'.

I find most people wave-- no matter what you're riding. I typically do... except for mopeds..... ;-)

dancogan
05-20-2012, 04:34 PM
So, if that's a fact, just tell me how I'm supposed to greet oncoming riders when I'm riding my BMW which is an opposed twin. :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

NancysToy
05-20-2012, 04:37 PM
So, if that's a fact, just tell me how I'm supposed to greet oncoming riders when I'm riding my BMW which is an opposed twin. :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:
I can tell you the sign...but I won't be responsible for the PT bills. :roflblack:

arntufun
05-20-2012, 04:39 PM
OK Mickey !!!!!!! Time to fess up. This is a 2012 Neutron Green RS you are riding. You own a 2011, what gives ?????

Sorry, I'm on top of my game when it come to the RS's. :roflblack:

BTW, I'm so happy you are now part of us. You are a perfect fit for our passion even though I wish that you would post more often here. :thumbup:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=46509&d=1337548572

flamingobabe
05-20-2012, 05:02 PM
Lamont...too funny...what about a flat 6 ...Boss Hoss...etc...not a motorcycle.....I've had to erase a few things this past few days on Can-am facebook....some people??????? I'm working on my image...hehehe..

Mickey...I wave like that all the time...I get so excited when I see another Spyder...some times the wind catches me and I have to grab ahold with both hands

MickeyFisher
05-20-2012, 05:03 PM
OK Mickey !!!!!!! Time to fess up. This is a 2012 Neutron Green RS you are riding. You own a 2011, what gives ?????

Sorry, I'm on top of my game when it come to the RS's. :roflblack:

BTW, I'm so happy you are now part of us. You are a perfect fit for our passion. :thumbup:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=46509&d=1337548572

I really appreciate that, brother. I said this at Spyderfest, and it probably sounded corny but I don't care, it's the truth: the biggest prize I got wasn't the Spyder. It was the opportunity to meet so many cool people from so many different walks of life. I don't know if I'm going to make it to the Adirondacks this year, but I am going to make my way up there one of these days because I want to meet you guys in person!

About Yoda (I gave it that nickname on the last trip because it's a little green bad:cus:), it's on loan from BRP to ride to events and use for taking pictures and making my videos. I realized why when I went to Spyderfest and was the only 2012 neutron-green there, and was able to give a few guys like Firefly and SomeGuy a test ride. The 2011 is still my baby, and I have to say, every time I ride the Yoda I feel like I'm cheating on her.:shocked:

Jeriatric
05-20-2012, 05:24 PM
Some guy on the Can Am Spyder Facebook page posted this. nojoke

:roflblack:

OK - so what does he want. Think I'll just put my index finger away and see if he
LIKES IT NOW nojoke :doorag:

rogerb
05-20-2012, 05:25 PM
I had a Harley rider trying to tell me the Victory I was riding at the time was built in Japan. By mistake I said they were built in Wisconsin instead of Minnesota. His answer was to ask me what part of Canada that was. I didn't say another word and walked away. There is no talking to stupidity. Do they still teach geography in school?

MickeyFisher
05-20-2012, 05:26 PM
Oh, about the last part, sorry...I lurk a lot more than I post here (I'll swing through and catch up every day or two), and that's for a couple of reasons. The main one is that I'm still learning, so a lot of the questions that come up (especially the technical ones) I'm reading up on and learning about myself, and don't have much to contribute to the conversation. I tend to post a lot more on the travel threads and such. I'll be posting some new material in a bit, just turned in a whole series of articles and videos that are pretty cool, so you'll be seeing more of me, soon.:thumbup:

MickeyFisher
05-20-2012, 05:28 PM
Lamont...too funny...what about a flat 6 ...Boss Hoss...etc...not a motorcycle.....I've had to erase a few things this past few days on Can-am facebook....some people??????? I'm working on my image...hehehe..

Mickey...I wave like that all the time...I get so excited when I see another Spyder...some times the wind catches me and I have to grab ahold with both hands

:roflblack: You can work on your image all you want, just don't get rid of those flamingos.

napper39
05-20-2012, 05:46 PM
wow i did seem to get less respect when i ride my 500 cc scooter but i still wave to every body riding in the wind,what ever there on.i cant beleave one of you said they dont wave to scoots , :yikes: poor me and my aprillia scooter.i love that sweet hart.oh well im still riding like the wind.;):coffee:

bruisersbaby
05-20-2012, 05:55 PM
We usually use the 'arm down' wave to other bikes and sometimes we wave. There are times, too, that it's the 'WTH(eck)' when someone pulls out in front of you or does something stupid. Guess there are times I forget to turn the 'cloaking' device off!! :gaah:

wyliec
05-20-2012, 06:01 PM
Somebody needed to point him to (Randy's) definition of a m/c.

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Motorcycle

Randy,

You did notice I updated the definition for you, didn't you? Wait a minute, who updated my update? Was it someone here on S/L's?

arntufun
05-20-2012, 06:04 PM
Somebody needed to point him to (Randy's) definition of a m/c.

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Motorcycle

Randy,

You did notice I updated the definition for you, didn't you?

:roflblack::roflblack:

Now I did !!!!!!! :firstplace:

Bob Denman
05-20-2012, 06:16 PM
As good as that :cus:'s spelling and typing were; I'd say that he's definitely never going to be a member of MENSA... :shocked:
But I'll bet you a nickel that his Town's LEOs know him by a special nickname...

Smokinspyder
05-20-2012, 06:49 PM
:roflblack: I thought it was a joke at first, and then I realized an actual adult human being posted that in a public forum. I had to resist the urge to pile on. Sheesh.

Not just a public forum like spyderlovers .. or imadummy.com .. He did it on Facebook , Dude doesnt have all his marbles.

wyliec
05-20-2012, 07:00 PM
As good as that :cus:'s spelling and typing were; I'd say that he's definitely never going to be a member of MENSA... :shocked:
But I'll bet you a nickel that his Town's LEOs know him by a special nickname...

You considered his spelling good? Seriously? privlage:hun:

RTGENE
05-20-2012, 09:00 PM
Ok so your comming down the road and this guy dosen't wave------just be glad he's going the other way.46532

JJW SpyderRider
05-20-2012, 09:08 PM
I always give the three wheeler wave, Thumb and first to fingers. Sometimes I give the single cyclinder wave to the cagers. This weekend I waved to a two wheeler but what I got back was a shaking of the index finger in the air like no no no. Not sure what that was about :dontknow: other than he did not feel I was a M/C so did not disserved a wave.

Bob Denman
05-21-2012, 06:38 AM
You considered his spelling good? Seriously? privlage:hun:
:roflblack: What about what he did to "motorcycle"? :roflblack:
Should we even mention the discussion that could be had about whether or not we Three Wheelers are V-Twins or motorcycles or not; I kind of thought that we were "Motorcyclists"... :thumbup:

His Mama must be real proud... :banghead:

currin20fan
05-21-2012, 06:40 AM
Hey, it takes all kinds......but its all good! Its what makes the world go around. Just saying!

Lamonster
05-21-2012, 06:42 AM
I went for a ride just after I posted this and I guess the other v-twin riders didn't get the memo either because they were all giving me the v-twin sign. :doorag:

docdoru
05-21-2012, 07:00 AM
What should be the sign for the lower compression (8.5:1 ) V twin? :dontknow:

docdoru
05-21-2012, 08:11 AM

I'm sure Mikey was hand signal a right turn:

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm136/docdoru/5-21-20128-56-22AM.png?t=1337605076

ARtraveler
05-21-2012, 11:30 AM
Pretty funny. :2thumbs:

murphybrown
05-21-2012, 01:47 PM
after reading Lamont's comment and "the dude's" I watched me as I waved to All I encounter..sometimes that 2 finger one..sometimes open hand lower position...sometimes just a plain ole wave..hand/arm up...even just a thumb's up..another Spyder usually gets the fist pump...but then heck I waved at several farmers driving various pieces of equipment (even the loaded manure spreader guy...spreading a little s^*# everywhere he went....guess "the dude" just has a control issue that he tried to scratch and :banghead::banghead:...yep he gets one of my HERE"S YOUR SIGN!!! oh yea, I'll keep right on waving to any and all..makes me feel special :thumbup:

Bob Denman
05-21-2012, 01:52 PM
:agree::thumbup:

MickeyFisher
05-21-2012, 02:41 PM
I'm sure Mikey was hand signal a right turn:

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm136/docdoru/5-21-20128-56-22AM.png?t=1337605076

emoney230
05-21-2012, 03:02 PM
I simply raise of a few fingers or nod of the head in a lot of instances, or the whole hand. It has always given me a sense of community and never ceases to put a smile on my face. It means we're brothers and sisters on the road.
Bikes of all kinds - cruisers, crotch rockets, touring bikes, And :spyder2: every time someone waved, I could feel the camaraderie - and the underlying "when we waive, we celebrate enjoying riding together, but we also say 'I've got your six', too."
Just my 2 cents.

emoney230
05-21-2012, 03:10 PM
I found this: What's The Proper Way To Wave
There's a lot of different ways to wave and some riders attach meanings to various methods of waving.
The Low Wave - Extend the left arm downward at a forty-five degree angle (straight out is the signal for a left turn). I've seen this most often used by folks on cruisers, especially Harleys. There are variations of the low wave:

A fist with index and middle fingers extended together - The low wave if you're on a two cylinder bike.
All four fingers extended - The low wave if you're on a four cylinder bike.
A fist with the index and middle fingers extended but spread apart - A peace sign meaning "peace on the road."
Thumb and index finger making a circle other three fingers extended - The "OK" sign saying, "I'm okay, you're okay." Can also be a question asking if the other rider is okay.
All five fingers extended, palm facing forward - the "low five."

The Two Finger Flip - Left hand remains on the grip, but the index and middle fingers come up. This is often used by crotch rocket types because the forward leaning position can make it a little awkward to take the left hand off the bar. Also used by bikes of all types in traffic when they don't quite feel safe taking a hand off the bar.
The Four Finger Wiggle - Left hand remains on the grip, but all four fingers come up and are wiggled side to side a little. Used in the same situations as the Two Finger Flip.
The Mini-Wave - The left hand comes a couple inches off the grip to flash a wave before going back to the grip.
The Full Wave - the left hand comes up to shoulder height or higher to wave.
The Vigorous Full Wave - The left hand comes up to shoulder height or higher and is waved back and forth vigorously.
The Biker Salute - Left fist held up high. I've only ever heard of this or read of it, but never seen it. The references that I have heard or read indicate that it's an old-time biker gang thing. I dunno how true that is or isn't.
The Peace Sign - The left hand makes a fist with the index and middle fingers extended and spread.
Personally I use the peace sign mostly. If I'm not the initiator and am returning someone else's wave, I'll tend to mimic the wave that they used.

Oldmanzues
05-21-2012, 03:20 PM
Ok so your comming down the road and this guy dosen't wave------just be glad he's going the other way.46532
I thought he was a decent guy to drink Beer with. He was a little vauge on State Helmet laws tho.
Oldmanzues

pro10is
05-21-2012, 03:37 PM
After reading this post I was deeply concerned for the rights of all riders to use the V-Twin hand gesture. We can't just give up our constitutional rights to freedom of hand gestures to Harley riders. If so what would we loose next? The beloved one finger salute? So I contacted the distinguished Harvard Law professor Laurence H. Tribe. To my great relief there is apparently no specific reference to Harley riders owning any hand gestures in the Constitution. In fact, as the historic painting below clearly shows, Charles Cotesworth Pinckney, Pierce Butler, and William Jackson are bravely using the V-Twin salute with no fear of reprisal during the signing of the Constitution. I'm not 100% certain and I'm still waiting for word, but I'm fairly sure those guys didn't own Harleys. So be brave fellow Spyderlovers and henceforth use the V-Twin salute with the audacity of our founding fathers!
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa119/pro10is/70242a_hr.jpg

emoney230
05-21-2012, 03:46 PM
:agree: Truelu AWESOME!!

Sny
05-21-2012, 05:29 PM
The V in that photo represents Victory and a salute to the Victors.

just sayin'...

Lady Macca
05-21-2012, 06:01 PM
I have always done the peace sign wave, some people ignore but for the majority of the time...they wave back. Can't we all just get along? I have respect for anyone who rides a 2 wheel or 3 wheel....Peace :)

pro10is
05-21-2012, 07:44 PM
The V in that photo represents Victory and a salute to the Victors.

just sayin'...

Not really a V, it's Photoshopped. With due posthumous apologies to Howard Chandler Christy, Charles Cotesworth Pinckney, Pierce Butler, and William Jackson. ;)

Tru-Blue
05-21-2012, 08:49 PM
Peace sign for me. Have always greeted others with it and will continue to spread the good vibe. :cheers::thumbup:

Lamonster
05-22-2012, 06:00 AM
What's the sign when two minivans pass each other? :joke:

docdoru
05-22-2012, 06:15 AM
It’s a quick three-part gesture. First, the minivan driver sticks his or her left arm out the window and points three fingers downward, signifying the letter “M.” Next, the hand is raised upward with two fingers in a “V.” Finally, the “thumbs up” sign is given. The unmistakable message is: Mini. Van. Yeah!

CyncySpyder
05-22-2012, 06:19 AM
I have always done the peace sign wave, some people ignore but for the majority of the time...they wave back. Can't we all just get along? I have respect for anyone who rides a 2 wheel or 3 wheel....Peace :)

:agree: :thumbup: :firstplace: :thumbup: :agree:

Bob Denman
05-22-2012, 06:40 AM
Don't they normally duel by throwing spent diapers at one another as they pass? :roflblack:

dancogan
05-22-2012, 06:41 AM

Since the drivers are probably drinking coffee and talking on their cell phones while texting their friends, I doubt they even see each other! :banghead:

Firefly
05-22-2012, 10:26 AM

Dread men tell no tales...... ;)

hotglue
05-22-2012, 01:31 PM
Don't they normally duel by throwing spent diapers at one another as they pass? :roflblack:

This video shows the correct waves for the Mini Vans.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql-N3F1FhW4

Bob Denman
05-22-2012, 01:58 PM
:shocked: They're kidding; right? :shocked: :roflblack:

wyliec
05-22-2012, 02:17 PM
This video shows the correct waves for the Mini Vans.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql-N3F1FhW4

:thumbup:The best post on this thread!!

Hey Bob D.,

Do a video of the MINI wave. Let's see what you got. If it's good, I'll buy you dinner when you come up. I hope you like sushi, hmmmmm hmmmmmmm.

Okay, your choice of where we go, except no crackhead barrel.

mowin
05-22-2012, 02:19 PM

Note to self...DONT piss off someone in a mini van..There armed:yikes:

Huntindawg1962
05-22-2012, 04:00 PM
I think the acknowledgement thing is amusing. Whether a head nod or some wave, what I have noticed in the last few weeks of spyder ownership is that 100% of anyone on a Honda, Yamaha, BMW, or any OTHER brand but Harley will acknowledge you in some fashion. If they are on a Harley (and here in WI that is darn near anyone you pass on a bike), you have less than a 50% chance of being even looked at much less acknowledged. Never yet passed another Spyder other than my wife though. So what is the V-Twin hand signal?

BTW - Victory Motorcycle owned by Polaris is really made in IA. The motors were assembled here in WI for a while but it was moved also to IA I think. Thought I also read somewhere that Polaris acquired the assets of Indian Motorcycle and was planning to introduce a sport and touring Indian again in 2013.

Huntindawg1962
05-22-2012, 04:03 PM
But I do find that pedestrians usually wave back when you are trying to hit the turn signal (and miss) instead giving a quick "toot" on the horn in front of them. ;)

Lamonster
05-22-2012, 04:33 PM
:thumbup:The best post on this thread!!

Hey Bob D.,

Do a video of the MINI wave. Let's see what you got. If it's good, I'll buy you dinner when you come up. I hope you like sushi, hmmmmm hmmmmmmm.

Okay, your choice of where we go, except no crackhead barrel.

:joke:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH9ib6r5cDU

wyliec
05-22-2012, 04:45 PM
Okay, I meant MINI Cooper!

mowin
05-22-2012, 04:45 PM
[QUOTE=Lamonster;457462]:joke:

Thank god I dont have a mini van...BTW, how did we go from the "v" twin wave to the mini van wave...:dontknow: