PDA

View Full Version : RT mods

MLM25
05-19-2012, 08:50 PM
My husband and I would like to purchase a Spyder RT. My husband has an sci at T3 so we need to move the foot brake and create a system to put his manual chair on the bike while we both ride. I want to be able to drive it on my own without the system getting in the way and my husband wants to be able to ride on his own also. I think that the ISCI system will work for the brake but we are struggling with where to put his chair. We are looking for opinions on the reliability of the ISCI system and ANY suggestions on how to get his chair securely on the bike on his own.

Mary Lee
Madison, WI

rogerb
05-19-2012, 10:29 PM
The ESCI system is NO. 1. Reliability is not a problem. It is everything they claim it to be. There was a gentleman that came on this thread who had set up his RT to do exactly what you are asking. Hopefully he will see this thread and get a hold of you to explain what he did. One thing is sure is that it is doable. Wish you luck.

SpyderAnn01
05-22-2012, 11:49 PM
:welcome: everyone who has one raves about the ISCI handbrake. I don't have one myself but if I wanted a handbrake I would definitely get theirs. I haven't seen anyone put a wheelchair on the RT but if there is a will I'm sure there is a way and you have come to the right place for answers and ideas to help you out. Good luck and let us know what you come up with.

soaring hawk
05-25-2012, 06:20 AM
CHECK WITH SEAL FLOORBOARDS MAYBE HE CAN MAKE AN EXTENTION ON ONE OF THE FLOOR BOARDS TO MOUNT THE WHEEL CHAIR:popcorn:

MLM25
05-27-2012, 11:59 AM
Thanks for the info. Do you know how hard it is to install the hand brake and how complicated?

The ESCI system is NO. 1. Reliability is not a problem. It is everything they claim it to be. There was a gentleman that came on this thread who had set up his RT to do exactly what you are asking. Hopefully he will see this thread and get a hold of you to explain what he did. One thing is sure is that it is doable. Wish you luck.