PDA

View Full Version : Backrest price....seriously!

Twiegs
05-19-2012, 07:27 PM
So I just started looking for a passenger backrest for my 2012 RS and read that you have to have the sport rack to use the adjustable backrest...$650?! Is that correct? If so, are there any less expensive options out there?

Thanks.

DynamoBT
05-19-2012, 07:32 PM
Do a search for the Road Krome "Max" backrest. It's what I have.

Here's a picture of it.46486 You have to buy the base piece, the backrest and luggage rack separately. But the total price is reasonable.

arntufun
05-19-2012, 07:42 PM
The great thing about BRP's sport rack is the backrest comes off in seconds and a sexy plate goes in it's place when riding solo to give it a cool sleak look. IT'S WORTH EVERY PENNY IT COSTS !!!! :thumbup: I normally never say this, but BRP nailed this backrest perfectly.
:firstplace:

FYI>>>>>> The backrest adjusts horizontally for passenger comfort. And a happy passenger means a happy you when you get home. :yes:

ARtraveler
05-19-2012, 07:53 PM
The price of most accessories are through the roof--that is an unfortunate thing that goes along with :spyder2: or any other motorcycle.

DynamoBT
05-19-2012, 08:01 PM
The Road Krome backrest is adjustable too.

Holly
05-19-2012, 08:12 PM
As Arntufun's passenger, I can only say that I believe it is definitely worth the money. Especially if you are going to be taking it on and off quite a bit. It is so quick and easy,and the sport rack looks awesome by it self. Honestly I like the look of the sportrack on the back,but as the passenger, I wouldn't ride without the backrest. It may seem like alot of money, but if you divide it by the number of times you will use it over the time you have the bike, chances are it will pay for itself many times over !

Twiegs
05-19-2012, 09:06 PM
I'm sure it probably is worth the money. I was just shocked when I realized the total price. Here I thought accessories for a Harley were expensive!

Blue Star
05-19-2012, 10:09 PM
So I just started looking for a passenger backrest for my 2012 RS and read that you have to have the sport rack to use the adjustable backrest...$650?! Is that correct? If so, are there any less expensive options out there?

Thanks.

While it won't be much cheaper. Look on Ebay, and you might find a package deal for less. I paid $610.00 for both pieces this way.

stoutdevil
05-19-2012, 10:21 PM
The great thing about BRP's sport rack is the backrest comes off in seconds and a sexy plate goes in it's place when riding solo to give it a cool sleak look. IT'S WORTH EVERY PENNY IT COSTS !!!! :thumbup: I normally never say this, but BRP nailed this backrest perfectly.

FYI>>>>>> The backrest adjusts horizontally for passenger comfort. And a happy passenger means a happy you when you get home. :yes:

Have to agree......great set up

Erags
05-20-2012, 07:24 AM
We have upgraded our seat to the Ultimate Seat with the two back rest, and we just love it. It is a little more money, but the seat is worth the money and the back rest come off. We put 20000 mile and then the Ultimate Seat and the last 7000 miles has been great. Just something more for you to look at, and this will give you a back rest also, if you want it.

Dwanton
05-20-2012, 07:38 AM
The backrests just came off back order , finally got mine .

The the sport rack section sticks out further than I would of wanted but the design is strong with a solid piece of aluminum that attaches to the frame in between the tail lights.

It has a nice little storage space under the lid and when the backrest is on .

I try to stay with the factory products if they are quality , yes the price sucks . :banghead:

pro10is
05-20-2012, 10:29 AM

Not to change the subject but your Spyder looks incredible! Such great attention to detail. It looks like you had all three wheels powder coated black. On the front wheels how did you get the yellow striping on the spokes?

napper39
05-20-2012, 12:45 PM
i bought mine 2 years ago but found one on ebay used for 400 for both but it was red and im blue and i left it that way i think it looked ok after it was on.look on ebay you might get a deal.:thumbup:

arntufun
05-20-2012, 02:47 PM
Not to change the subject but your Spyder looks incredible! Such great attention to detail. It looks like you had all three wheels powder coated black. On the front wheels how did you get the yellow striping on the spokes?

Thanks Pro !!!!

1/4 " Yellow pinstriping purchased on ebay and applied it myself, I did the back wheel, swingarm and sprocket also.

larrymz3
05-20-2012, 05:48 PM
Sweet!!! Where did you get the wheel accents?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD