PDA

View Full Version : Hey Bajaron!

steve635
05-18-2012, 05:01 PM
I couldn't help noticing a peculiar hole in your "states visited" map.:yikes: Are you a wanted man in LA and MS? :shocked: We're actually pretty friendly down here (some fellow LA riders have already offered me invitations to ride with them), no need to leave that unsightly hole in your map.:lecturef_smilie:

steve635
05-18-2012, 05:07 PM
Just noticed Seth-O and AKSpyderman have LA based holes as well, I'm getting a complex. Trust me this is a fun and friendly place! We have a city called New Orleans (where I was a fireman for 28 years) that throws a little party called Mardi Gras every year, you may have heard of it. Just us and a million or so of our closest friends.

wyliec
05-18-2012, 05:44 PM
I'm partial to Slidell.

ARtraveler
05-18-2012, 05:48 PM
I am not a drinking partying kind of person--and don't like to be around people who have had to much to drink. Thats why no New Orleans.

steve635
05-18-2012, 08:26 PM
I am not a drinking partying kind of person--and don't like to be around people who have had to much to drink. Thats why no New Orleans.

See that's the thing, we locals are not all raging alcoholics, and New Orleans is not all Bourbon Street. For most locals Mardi Gras is a family holiday where you take the kids out to see a parade. Lots of people grilling and maybe having a few beers along the parade route. What you see on TV is Bourbon, which is about 99% tourists. All of the surrounding towns in south LA also do their own versions of Mardi Gras (including Slidell, Wylie), but you of course won't see the family oriented versions in the media. Another interesting fact, you can tour the French Quarter pretty extensively, and unless you choose to hang out on Bourbon your chances of running into a drunk are pretty slim.

Oh and by the way I am a drinking partying kind of person but I'd still come to Alaska.

ARtraveler
05-19-2012, 11:19 AM
Steve635: No offense meant in my comment about drinking, partying, and not wanting to be around people who are drunk. I would not like the bourban street experience, but am sure I would like other parts of Louisana. I just have not had the opportunity to head to Louisana, although you can see I have been pretty close.

steve635
05-19-2012, 07:38 PM
"No offense meant in my comment about drinking, partying, and not wanting to be around people who are drunk."

None taken :thumbup:

Trickie Dick
05-19-2012, 07:43 PM
IMHO, New Orleans has some of the best food in the world:thumbup::yes::yes::yes:I don't drink either but I would go there for the food in anytime.

BajaRon
05-19-2012, 08:45 PM
I couldn't help noticing a peculiar hole in your "states visited" map.:yikes: Are you a wanted man in LA and MS? :shocked: We're actually pretty friendly down here (some fellow LA riders have already offered me invitations to ride with them), no need to leave that unsightly hole in your map.:lecturef_smilie:

Nothing personal and no particular reason other than I just haven't had occasion to get there. That is Lamont's home state and he has never invited me there. I guess I could just go....