PDA

View Full Version : Jumping in with both feet!

Luckyme
05-17-2012, 07:08 PM
Well, I did it. Heading to Cuba next week on a 470 mile plus trip to pick up a Bronze RT Limited, RT-622 Trailer, Elkas, Communication system, pegs, armrests, back rest, etc.

Thanks for all the great threads about Len and Cowtown. Really nice to know that they are tops, as other than a 45 minute test ride, I know little about these machines. While riding my GL1800 with others, we would scratch our heads and wonder " What, and Why ?" when we spotted these "bass-ackwards" trike like oddities.

Being one that likes being the different one in the group, that again I will now be. I was the odd one when I rode the BMW K1200LT, and then conformed and got the Wing. I'm really looking forward to becoming Spiderized, and hope to have a trouble free experience.

Will be riding 500 plus miles of back roads to return to central KY next week, and can't wait to experience it.

My wife and I ride some fairly long trips, and the Wing and BMW carried us in comfort and reliability. I will hang onto the Wing for a while, just in case the Spyder does not work out. LOL. Likely, there will be a greatLoaded GL1800 and Bushtec trailer for sale in the future.

I hope to have her drive the Spyder sometimes, so I can take naps like she has always done. She rides a little Yamaha, but never the larger bikes. Will plan to meet some folks out and about, and will plan to come to Spyderfest next time. ;)

SpyderAnn01
05-17-2012, 07:23 PM
:welcome: and :congrats: on purchasing your Spyder from Cowtown they are the best. Why are you selling the trailer? You could pull it nicely with the RT.

warp10
05-17-2012, 07:25 PM
We had an HD Ultra that we put 60,000+miles on and RT was as comfortable if not more so. We rode 600miles home in less than 11hours. Comfort was great. I too am looking to relaxing while she does the driving.

Jeriatric
05-17-2012, 07:32 PM
You're in for a treat. Congrats on the new Spyder :clap: :2thumbs: :cheers:

Spydeejane
05-17-2012, 07:35 PM
We were at Cowtown today and saw your bronze RT with a big sold sign on it. We live in Cuba but are planning a ride to Paducah in mid-June. It's pretty country. We are newbies too, and it's our first long ride. Good luck with your new ride.

ThreeFeet
05-17-2012, 07:36 PM
Have you got a place to stay? I live on a dirt road and may not be the best for your brand new baby but the rent is REALLY cheap!!! as in none!!nojoke! Can show you around some of the little twistys we have here. If you get a motel instead, Cuba now has LOTS of rooms if you would rather do it that way.:clap: AND they have paved roads. :roflblack:

Luckyme
05-17-2012, 07:59 PM
:welcome: and :congrats: on purchasing your Spyder from Cowtown they are the best. Why are you selling the trailer? You could pull it nicely with the RT.
The Bushtec is a awesome trailer, but I would have to have it painted, as it is blue. The Blue and bronze would clash. Used Bushtecs, they sell well, as many want a perfect Used Bushtec. Besides, the Spyder Trailer is quite nice. Love the design. The Bushtec was about the same price as the RT622.

CyncySpyder
05-17-2012, 08:04 PM
:congrats: & :welcome:

Teddy & I did the same thing last year when we traded our '10 RT-S in for Lens very first SpyderFest Edition RT & have been loving it ever since:yes: We've also stayed the night at threefeets house, great host that can't be beat:thumbup: If you ever make it up to NKY or Cincy, Teddy & the Cincy Spyder Ryders can show you guys around:2thumbs:

Luckyme
05-17-2012, 08:13 PM
Have you got a place to stay? I live on a dirt road and may not be the best for your brand new baby but the rent is REALLY cheap!!! as in none!!nojoke! Can show you around some of the little twistys we have here. If you get a motel instead, Cuba now has LOTS of rooms if you would rather do it that way.:clap: AND they have paved roads. :roflblack:
Wow, you are so kind. I could be a Red Neck Axe Murderer from the monutains....LOL:yikes: or Dueling Banjos playing.............Seriously, I really appreciate that offer. My buddy Mark and I will be riding in together on my GL1800 on Wednesday from Lexington, KY.
Len is putting us up in a hotel there. We pick up the bike Thursday, and heading back on the Goldwing and Spyder on a back road 2 day trip. Our wives are going out for a road trip in North Carolina in our absence, so who knows when we shall return to KY.:yes:
Looking forward to shopping at Cowtown, as we will pick up helmets, intercom, ect. For my wife too.

harrypottar
05-17-2012, 08:15 PM
:congrats:

Yet another GL convert.... I hope you enjoy your new :ani29: I much I will

Harry

JCSMOKE
05-17-2012, 10:04 PM
:b2b: Congrats and welcome. Take some time out there and see the sights, it's beautiful country and the roads are the nicest my spyder has seen.

ARtraveler
05-18-2012, 02:19 PM
:congrats: and :welcome:

spyder3
05-18-2012, 03:02 PM
:congrats: on the new :spyder2: and a pretty good choice on your dealer selection. :clap:

Grandpa Spyder
05-18-2012, 03:26 PM
Well I believe you bought your Spyder in the right place. I sure hope you like it as much as I do mine. :congrats:

SpyderLady
05-18-2012, 03:51 PM
Congratulations and you definitely did right in getting your new Spyder from Len and cowtown. They ARE the BEST

steve635
05-18-2012, 04:27 PM
Maybe I'm the only one, but it took me a couple of hundred miles to really start to get comfortable with the handling of the Spyder vs. my 2 wheeled ride. Don't get me wrong, I love it and am loving it more every ride, but for me it was a transition. I'd plan to initially take it pretty easy on those backroads (supposed to take it pretty easy for the 600 mile break-in anyway).
Don't mean to throw any cold water your way, you're making a great purchase and it's a blast to ride, just took me a little getting used to.

Camdenlake
05-18-2012, 09:17 PM
Congrats. I am new too but seems like its really getting busy with new ryders. Love it !!!!!!!!

josh

Diamond R
05-18-2012, 09:34 PM
Luckyme, maybe Patti and I will see you at Cowtown, we are flying in Tuesday night and will be picking up our White Spyderfest ride on Wednesday morning. I am not sure what to expect, we have not even test drove one. In fact I dont even know how to start it. We hope it is comfortable, we will be making a mad dash back home 655 miles so I can get back to work Thursday morning.

Enjoy the ride
Allen & Patti

spyderbirds
05-18-2012, 10:04 PM
:congrats:and:welcome:

Luckyme
05-19-2012, 06:09 AM
Luckyme, maybe Patti and I will see you at Cowtown, we are flying in Tuesday night and will be picking up our White Spyderfest ride on Wednesday morning. I am not sure what to expect, we have not even test drove one. In fact I dont even know how to start it. We hope it is comfortable, we will be making a mad dash back home 655 miles so I can get back to work Thursday morning.

Enjoy the ride
Allen & Patti
I think Wednesday will be a travel day for me. Probably won't get in till 5:00-6:00. Would love to meet you, as I see many posts on your product. I believe those are the ones being put on my bike. Take your time getting back. Enjoy the ride.