PDA

View Full Version : WHY AREN'T THEY AWARE?

sealfloorboards
05-15-2012, 07:09 PM
I've been on the road for 31 days now and have logged just over 6,000. miles ince leaving regon for SpyderFest, on April 15th. I've called on a bunch of Spyder dealerships to introduce myself and SealFloorBoards. I am amazed at the number of dealers who have never heard of SpyderFest or SpyderLovers.com. What's with these guys? This morning after leaving Vail, Co, I went to Grand Junction, Co. to call on the Can Am dealer there. Not a clue of what I was talking about. I know there are more than a few Spyder woners there because I've sold FloorBoards to quite a few Colorado riders. What's up? Do all these dealers have their heads in the sand? Those dealers who are aware, seem to be the more successful and progressive ones. All Dealers are not created equal.

Ride in comfort,

John
Seal FloorBoards

boomerkc
05-15-2012, 07:41 PM
"Not all dealers are created equal". Like any other business, some get it and some don't. Shame on those that don't. Probably comes down to the fact that it's easier to sell 2 wheelers because that's what they ride, all they really know and in most instances much less expensive. I've found in the sales world, salespeople don't know how to handle the price objection. They're psuedo-order takers. What do you want, okay, here, let me write it up.

SpyderAnn01
05-15-2012, 07:48 PM
You'll find the same thing at the BRP Owner's Event there will be a ton of people who have never heard of Spyderlovers.com. It is a great opportunity to spread the word.

Phil
05-15-2012, 07:51 PM
John- about a year ago, I got 2packs of SpyderLovers.com cards from Lamont. When I got home, I went to OfficeDepot and got a plastic card holder. I took them to our local dealer in Tyler and plunked them on the sales manager's desk (in the show room). Last time I was in, they asked me for more cards. Turns out, the cards help him sell Spyders! People seem to like the fact that there is a community out there for Spyders, like HD. Go Figure!

Oh, also on special events that the dealer has, I park Darth in front and help them sell!

Phil, Tyler TX- from my iPad3.5 using Tapatalk HD

Cavman
05-15-2012, 08:05 PM
What a great idea. What do the cards look like. Hey Lamont, can you release the info so that others can print out some cards?
Utilikilts has a link on their website to download the printing info to print their cards to hand out.
I went by a local dealer and got a handful of their Spyder hand outs to give to interested people on Spyders. It explains more with photos than what I can say.

The card I was exchanging with others at SpyderFest had SpyderLovers.com on the back among other things. Lamont's would be great to leave at the dealers and help spread the word.

spyder3
05-15-2012, 08:16 PM
The spyder is treat like the redheaded step child in some cases. They don't sell enough, nor do they try to. It seems to be an inconvenience to a lot of them. Thus, poorly trained sales people and even worse mechanics.:dontknow:

arntufun
05-15-2012, 08:39 PM
To be honest, most dealers hate forums like these.

JJW SpyderRider
05-15-2012, 08:42 PM
:agree: I was at a dealer today and he never heard of Spyderlovers.com. I started to tell him about some of the big
Spyder events and he had no idea. One is happening about 30 miles away! He said they are selling like hot cakes but he still had a new 2010 Black RTS setting in the showroom.

Rayelljay
05-15-2012, 08:46 PM
Yeah...there are definitely dealers out there who are afeared of a knowledgeable customer....thank heaven I don't have one of those....Honda of Winston Salem have always done me right.

gene0108
05-15-2012, 08:51 PM
I know the reason. How many dealers has staff that ride Spyders? None that I know of in Louisiana. If you do not ride one you are not interested in learning about them. I think the dealers should have someone in every dealership that rides a Spyder. Just my opinion.

Sarge707
05-15-2012, 08:53 PM

:agree: Since the Mid Nineties the Jet Ski dealers have said, "You can,t believe anything you read on them Forums?"
:yikes:

Cal777
05-15-2012, 09:17 PM
I've been on the road for 31 days now and have logged just over 6,000. miles ince leaving regon for SpyderFest, on April 15th. I've called on a bunch of Spyder dealerships to introduce myself and SealFloorBoards. I am amazed at the number of dealers who have never heard of SpyderFest or SpyderLovers.com. What's with these guys? This morning after leaving Vail, Co, I went to Grand Junction, Co. to call on the Can Am dealer there. Not a clue of what I was talking about. I know there are more than a few Spyder woners there because I've sold FloorBoards to quite a few Colorado riders. What's up? Do all these dealers have their heads in the sand? Those dealers who are aware, seem to be the more successful and progressive ones. All Dealers are not created equal.

Ride in comfort,

John
Seal FloorBoards

Hi John
I installed your floorboards a few weeks ago, but know that you've been on the road with limited computor time, so I haven't posted to let you know how much I enjoy them. They are the complete deal and I love them. I had my :spyder2:at my dealer last week and the tech told me that a customer loved your floorboards and wanted to know where I got them. I said, just give them my # because I wanted to clue them in on a lot of things. We appreciate SL and You all.
Thanks
Rudy

boborgera
05-15-2012, 09:38 PM
I know the reason. How many dealers has staff that ride Spyders? None that I know of in Louisiana. If you do not ride one you are not interested in learning about them. I think the dealers should have someone in every dealership that rides a Spyder. Just my opinion.

Most people that work for or in a dealership,
Do not make a salary where they can afford buy the product.

Phil
05-15-2012, 09:44 PM

Well, there are at least two that love forums like SL. One one of them is blowing the roof off the place selling Spyders. That would be Cowtown for those keeping score. So what SHOULD that tell BRP and other dealers?!

Paula(Butch2025)
05-15-2012, 10:25 PM
What a great idea. What do the cards look like. Hey Lamont, can you release the info so that others can print out some cards?
Utilikilts has a link on their website to download the printing info to print their cards to hand out.
I went by a local dealer and got a handful of their Spyder hand outs to give to interested people on Spyders. It explains more with photos than what I can say.

The card I was exchanging with others at SpyderFest had SpyderLovers.com on the back among other things. Lamont's would be great to leave at the dealers and help spread the word.

We always keep a handful of BRP brochures and business cards for our dealer in the trunk to hand out to interested people, they are always thankful for the information and we never fail to mention this awesome website to them too!

H8CNCR
05-15-2012, 10:50 PM
John, I had you install the floorboards on my RSS at Spyderfest 2012.
What a difference they have made in my ryding enjoyment.
Thank you soooo much. :bowdown::ohyea::clap::yes:
Art

Doodah
05-15-2012, 11:22 PM
I don't know about most dealers, but the place I bought my Spyder carries dozens of other bikes. Trying to keep up on the forums for each of them would be impossible. This forum alone has so much activity, that it's difficult stay on top of everything; especially with so many vague thread titles. Hell, if you only check once a day, you'll get 6 pages of threads with activity. No, it doesn't surprise me a bit that there are dealers that don't keep up with spyderlovers.com.

J. Mark
05-16-2012, 04:58 AM
John

Glad your travels are going well...we are impressed. I took Spyke to the dealer last week and showed him the Seals and highly recommended he stock them. We have a great dealer here who was shocked by the stories I told him about the number and quality of people at Spyderfest. He shows genuine interest in trying to spearhead a similar event over here in the east. Thanks for all you do! Be safe getting home.

Mark

CJ/johnnyg
05-16-2012, 06:04 AM
Whenever we take our spyders in the dealers to be service, there is someone wanting to know about the spyder, John will be telling them about all the things he knows about how they ride and the difference between a spyder and other trikes. The salesman keeps telling him he needs to come work on Sat. for them. His reply is no I just like to ride. We have given them our business card that has our contact info and sl and our user name. We have had some calls from newbies and they are very appreciative.

Bob Denman
05-16-2012, 06:40 AM
We always keep a handful of BRP brochures and business cards for our dealer in the trunk to hand out to interested people, they are always thankful for the information and we never fail to mention this awesome website to them too!

:agree: I do the same thing! :thumbup:

sealfloorboards
05-16-2012, 08:39 AM
Hi John
I installed your floorboards a few weeks ago, but know that you've been on the road with limited computor time, so I haven't posted to let you know how much I enjoy them. They are the complete deal and I love them. I had my :spyder2:at my dealer last week and the tech told me that a customer loved your floorboards and wanted to know where I got them. I said, just give them my # because I wanted to clue them in on a lot of things. We appreciate SL and You all.
Thanks
Rudy

Hi Rudy,

Thanks for the kind words:bowdown:. I may still be on the road but Seal FloorBoards is up and running full speed:clap:. Every evening when I pull into a motel, I forward the day's orders off to my shop and write a thank you note to those who have ordered. I'm in Provo, UT. this morning, heading off towards Reno:yikes:. Be well,, and............

Ride in comfort,

John
Seal FloorBoards

ARtraveler
05-16-2012, 11:57 AM
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

In liew of berating dealers that should know more about the products they sell.

Slybird
05-16-2012, 12:24 PM
:agree: "You can't believe anything you read on them Forums?"
:yikes:

I totally agree with the above statement!! Last year, before I traded in my 2010 Black RT-S, Brent, the service manager of SK Northwest, said essentially the same thing when I recommended a fix I'd read about on SpyderLovers.com. I now travel about 50 miles to get my new 2012 RT Limited serviced at Pro Caliber Motorsports in Longview, WA. They have a service department (and personnel) who are not afraid to think outside the box. :yes:

wyliec
05-16-2012, 12:39 PM
I don't mind that my dealer/owner is not on here. Like he told me, he doesn't have time to spend on here; he has me and other customers to let him know what is going on.

zrc
05-16-2012, 12:44 PM
I don't mind that my dealer/owner is not on here. Like he told me, he doesn't have time to spend on here; he has me and other customers to let him know what is going on.

I would agree with that to a point. It always depends on the dealer. I think if they are on here, or have a person on staff that at least looks over and reads and sees aftermarket stuff that they could be a better dealer and move more units. But the facts are that it requires larger stores / volumes / etc... And not all shops have that.

I think the idea that a place would want someone to come in on Saturdays and sell for them is pretty cool, I think that would definately refine the shop. An owner will sell the item better than anything else.

I know when I go to my closest dealer, they usually are out at my bike (service and sales) asking about items I have, where I found them, etc... I hope they pass the info on, I left contact numbers / email to talk to potential customers. I think we are all salesmen/women and ambassators at this point, at least it seems that way, I couldnt even get some nuggets at chik-fil-a on lunch without 2 conversations for 10 mins each.

sealfloorboards
05-16-2012, 06:06 PM
John, I had you install the floorboards on my RSS at Spyderfest 2012.
What a difference they have made in my ryding enjoyment.
Thank you soooo much. :bowdown::ohyea::clap::yes:
Art

It was a pleasure meeting and working with you Art. Looks ike your agree with the idea that it's always best to.............

Ride in comfort,

John
Seal FloorBoards

FrankPa
05-16-2012, 06:23 PM
to folks I feel are genuinely interested in my Spyder. I will speak with them for a few minutes and if I feel I wouldn't mind them getting back to me, I offer a card. I don't give it out to everyone, however...

Daisyjoe
05-16-2012, 06:27 PM
John

Glad your travels are going well...we are impressed. I took Spyke to the dealer last week and showed him the Seals and highly recommended he stock them. We have a great dealer here who was shocked by the stories I told him about the number and quality of people at Spyderfest. He shows genuine interest in trying to spearhead a similar event over here in the east. Thanks for all you do! Be safe getting home.

Mark

That would be awesome!! Sure hope it becomes a reality:ohyea::ohyea:

Pappy John
05-16-2012, 09:53 PM
to folks I feel are genuinely interested in my Spyder. I will speak with them for a few minutes and if I feel I wouldn't mind them getting back to me, I offer a card. I don't give it out to everyone, however...

Hi, Frank. Another Harrisburg area resident here.... soon to be a Spyder owner also. I should be picking it up in Hallam by June 1st. I'll be educating the dealer about John's floorboards at the same time.

fastfraser
05-17-2012, 05:03 AM
Pete at WWW.powersportswraps.com (http://www.powersportswraps.com) got the ok from Lamont to do this for me . Have to say that I have seen a ton of people jotting down the info4634846349 .:thumbup:

sealfloorboards
05-17-2012, 07:11 PM
John

Mark

Hi,

Those dealers ho hold special Spyder BBQ's or some kind of event sell the pants of the guy who just wants your $ but has no interest in the product. Know your product and it will sell. Glad your enjoying your Seal FloorBoards. I'll probably make it home tomorrow evening....8,000 + miles in 33 days and 24 States.

Ride in comfort,

John
Seal FloorBoards

Spydeejane
05-17-2012, 07:45 PM
Well, there are at least two that love forums like SL. One one of them is blowing the roof off the place selling Spyders. That would be Cowtown for those keeping score. So what SHOULD that tell BRP and other dealers?!

We were at Cowtown today. Len is going crazy selling spyders, talking about sypders, and visiting with spyder riders. He said that spyders had been rolling in all day long. It's amazing what Spyderfest does for him and vendors.