PDA

View Full Version : spyder riders in alabama warrenty problems

pellcitypete
05-15-2012, 10:51 AM
Just wanted everyone to know I'm in a lemon law dispute with big#1 in birmigham. they have tried over 4 times to fix my 2011 rt-s (1,400)miles and can not get it rite.We are going on vacation on the 21 of may(this month). there answer is if the problem happens turn it off an wait a few minets then crank it again :cus: . the problem is the check engine lite comes on and the spyder runs realy bad :cus::cus:.we are going on a 3,000 mile trip.:cus::banghead::cus::banghead::shocked::dontk now: if we can make it back oknojoke just wanted every to know what I'm going thru!:cus::pray:that we make it.

zrc
05-16-2012, 12:55 PM
Hey pete, sorry to hear it is going less than awesome. What has Big #1 been doing? I would like to know how they have been attempting to deal with whats up. I have done some business with them, and I was planning to continue to do it, but this might be a deal breaker.

pellcitypete
06-13-2012, 02:55 PM
Well all they did for 3 months was reset the computer over an over finaly can-am tec told them the codes ment the t/b an t/bsen were bad after they replaced them we were able to go on vacation:clap:only problem is cb don't work and the VSC don't work:banghead: we'll take it back :cus: and see what they do:mad:.by the way I had to get sate att. general involed:ohyea:.I will post what happens

kinggeek
06-13-2012, 04:43 PM
Sounds to me like you need a throttle body. have you pulled the codes when it is occurring? Hold Mode and set then hit turn signal button as if to turn the signal off. Code will pop on the screen.

It is a well documented problem both here and everywhere else. I have had four plus at least three software updates related to the same issues.

Relax they will get it fixed.

ARtraveler
06-13-2012, 04:53 PM
I also recommend talking with Carlo at BRP or whoever is handling complaints these days. Keep us posted on the results.

pellcitypete
07-07-2012, 03:43 PM
well it looks like they may have it fixed :yes::ohyea::ohyea::yes::firstplace::D:2thumbs: