PDA

View Full Version : Soon to be new to the Athens area

gftempl
05-13-2012, 04:30 PM
Gents (and Ladies) I am in the process of moving to the Athens area from Maryland with my 2010 blue RT/S. Thought I'd take a moment to say "howdy" let you know that as soon as I get settled in I'll be looking forward to seeing some of the beautiful Georgia scenery from the back of my Spyder. Not being familiar with the area, can anyone point to the trustworthy dealers/mechanics in the area, should the time come when I need one? I look forward to eventually meeting some of you on the road. Keep the dirty side down (hard not to do on a Spyder)!

fastfraser
05-13-2012, 04:56 PM
:welcome:Hope you find a good dealer . Guess we will see you at Lamonster's BBQ in TN.

Pennyrick
05-13-2012, 06:35 PM
Gents (and Ladies) I am in the process of moving to the Athens area from Maryland with my 2010 blue RT/S. Thought I'd take a moment to say "howdy" let you know that as soon as I get settled in I'll be looking forward to seeing some of the beautiful Georgia scenery from the back of my Spyder. Not being familiar with the area, can anyone point to the trustworthy dealers/mechanics in the area, should the time come when I need one? I look forward to eventually meeting some of you on the road. Keep the dirty side down (hard not to do on a Spyder)!

I don't believe there is a Can Am dealer in Athens but there are a number of good dealers in the area. We live about 25 miles west of Athens in Loganville and deal with Mountain Motorsports in Conyers, Ga. We have purchased four Spyders from them and continue to have both of our machines serviced there.

You will love to tour the roads around here, particularly in the Georgia and North Carolina mountains. Day trips to places like Helen, Highlands, Blue Ridge, Cashiers, Deal's Gap allow you to ride the twisty, scenic backroads. Athens is located right on Highway 441 and that is kind of the gateway road up to the mountains.

Ga Blue Knight
05-13-2012, 06:39 PM
There are good dealers is Augusta Ga, Columbia SC as well. Mountainsports in Conyers would be your closest.

cracker
05-14-2012, 09:18 PM
There are good dealers is Augusta Ga, Columbia SC as well. Mountainsports in Conyers would be your closest.
Welcome to the area, I live in Maysville just off 441 about 22 miles from Athens. I took my Spyder to Freedom in Lawrenceville.

bloke
05-15-2012, 10:50 AM
welcome to the area you will love it here, feel free to stop by and meet our crew we do our best to take care of people when and where we can, please make sure you introduce yourself to me (Bloke) when you get here and I will give you a tour and introduce you to the Spyder tech and the coffee maker (sadly they are not the same person)

cheers
Bloke
Mountain Motorsports Conyers

gftempl
06-06-2012, 03:16 PM
welcome to the area you will love it here, feel free to stop by and meet our crew we do our best to take care of people when and where we can, please make sure you introduce yourself to me (Bloke) when you get here and I will give you a tour and introduce you to the Spyder tech and the coffee maker (sadly they are not the same person)

cheers
Bloke
Mountain Motorsports Conyers

Sorry to take so long to respond but moving is such a pain...
Soon as I get all settled I plan to ride to Conyers and say "hello" to you guys. Looking forward to meeting you and the coffee maker!

MikeinGA
06-10-2012, 08:28 AM
Welcome to the area, I live in Maysville just off 441 about 22 miles from Athens. I took my Spyder to Freedom in Lawrenceville.

I changed from Gainsville M/S (worst dealer ever) to Freedom in Lawrenceville. I live in Mt. Airy, that's about one hour ride up 441 from Athens, and my wife and I ride the north Georgia mountains all the time. We are retired and take week day trips mostly.

Mike

bloke
06-10-2012, 08:31 AM
Sorry to take so long to respond but moving is such a pain...
Soon as I get all settled I plan to ride to Conyers and say "hello" to you guys. Looking forward to meeting you and the coffee maker!

look forward too metting you guys, had another three people join the fold yesterday after a busy day :thumbup:

bloke
06-15-2012, 10:20 AM
good to meet you yesterday mate glad you met my pup and the wife too :thumbup: