PDA

View Full Version : My Spyder-rt-s Trouble For The Fifth Time

pellcitypete
05-13-2012, 08:24 AM
:mad:Well I carried my spyder to big #1 again for the 5th time sat mornming they called about noon said it was ready and I shouldn't have any more problems so I could go on my vacation with no worries. Trailored it home about 1 hour I dissided to unload it an go for a ride. Couldn't unload it because check engine lite came on again an motor ran so ruff it had no power. called shop back an was told they were on way to get it. five times in less than sixty dayes is enough 2times in one day.:mad::banghead::yikes:nojoke:barf:

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-13-2012, 09:01 AM
I feel you're pain, Hope the issues can be completely resolved quickly......Mike...:pray::pray::pray: :thumbup:

Bob Denman
05-13-2012, 09:49 AM
What did they say was the problem??? :shocked:

M109Dreamer
05-13-2012, 10:32 AM
I would learn to pull your codes and post them up here since your dealer is a hour away and maybe we could help you out. It could just turn out to be simple.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

ARtraveler
05-13-2012, 12:47 PM
Sorry to hear of your problems. You seem to have a good dealer who wants to help. Good advice about pulling and posting codes. A lot of good mechanical people on here.

SpyderLuv
05-13-2012, 12:55 PM
I know your pain all too well. I have had mine in 5 times for "Brake Failure". I have had it up to my eyes with the same crappy problem. How do you pull the codes?

eddieshep999
05-13-2012, 01:04 PM
How to pull the codes

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/media.php?do=details&mid=259

This is a video via Lamonster to show how to pull the Codes

Hope this helps

Eddie Sheppard
Reading UK

Oldmanzues
05-13-2012, 01:18 PM
I know your pain all too well. I have had mine in 5 times for "Brake Failure". I have had it up to my eyes with the same crappy problem. How do you pull the codes?

I do not mean to sound meane, but are you aware of the known "light pressure problem" with the brake pdeal ?
Oldmanzues

pellcitypete
05-13-2012, 02:10 PM
What did they say was the problem??? :shocked: they don't know!:banghead:

pellcitypete
05-13-2012, 02:13 PM
I do not mean to sound meane, but are you aware of the known "light pressure problem" with the brake pdeal ?
Oldmanzues

yep sure do thanks

Dudley
05-13-2012, 02:31 PM
​Tell them you want to know what the code/codes are. I will take a shot at it being P1614, which is a bad ThrottleBody. BRP has been replacing them with no questions. I had mine replaced on a 2010 RT.

Jeriatric
05-13-2012, 04:03 PM
How to pull the codes

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/media.php?do=details&mid=259

This is a video via Lamonster to show how to pull the Codes

Hope this helps

Eddie Sheppard
Reading UK

Eddie,

I'm not sure whether to thank you or not? ;)

Having finished that video I noticed one that said something about "Handle Bar Covers", and my immediate thought was, it's just a "COVER", why would Lamonster do a video on that?

HOLY COW!!!!!....so that's what I have to look forward to. HELLLP!!!:banghead:

And thanks for the post Eddie.......wanna come help with those handle bar covers?

SpyderLuv
05-14-2012, 06:28 AM
Oldmanzues

What do you mean by "light pressure problem"? I do not leave my foot resting on it while I ride. Is that what you are refering to?

Bob Denman
05-14-2012, 06:44 AM
they don't know!:banghead:
:gaah: Well that ain't good... :gaah: http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_2_204v.gif I'd be tempted to ask the service manager what he DOES know... Pull up any active codes of your bike. if there aren't any currently showing, you might have something stored in the computer. Any delaer who can spell "BUDS" should be able to hook you up and see if there are any hiding in there..
Good Luck and please keep us posted! :thumbup: