PDA

View Full Version : Woohoo! Farmboy Rocks!

larrymz3
05-13-2012, 07:04 AM
Just want to give a shout out to my buddy Farmboy! We spent nearly 8 hrs. yesterday tearing my 2008 Spyder GS SE5 apart and installing a *TON* of mods...Fuzeblock, Smoothspyder Belt Tensioner, Juicebox Pro, Rons plug & Wire set, K&N Filter, RT Shocks, DZUS clips, hardwire my GPS, Spyderpops belt guard, and a few more little bits.

I am still trying to get over how much different the bike feels now! We set my shocks to 3 which actually doesn't feel that much different than my old shocks. Maybe I will try 4 or 5.

Juicebox Pro we set to 2 - since that seemed to be the consensus from folks when I posted on here asking for recommendations.

The Smoothspyder belt tensioner - WOW. A must have! A very immediate... and noticeable reduction in overall vibration! Highly recommended!

THANK YOU JERRY! You did a great job and it is truly and honor to call you my friend! :)

spydee66
05-13-2012, 08:41 AM
The Hubby put on our belt tensioners yesterday as well and you're right they make alot of difference. I had him take it a little above the 12lbs though because I still had a little vibration but it's gone now. As for the Juice Box, I love power so when he wasn't looking I popped my seat up and ran all the settings to the TOP. I maxed out every setting LMAO. I don't care if fuel is shooting like a jet out the exhaust as long as i'm screaming down the highway. Congrats Larry!!!!

larrymz3
05-13-2012, 08:49 AM
Hahaha, that is awesome! I think I'm going to try 4 or 5.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Farmboy
05-13-2012, 08:56 AM
Glad all working out! I love working on the Spyders. I wouldn't know how If it wasn't for spyderlovers.com I will get me one of them Smoothspyder belt tensioners some day when I can get some extra money's. It was very enjoyable working with you on this build.

By the way "MY THUMB HURTS THIS MORNING":roflblack:

spydee66
05-13-2012, 09:21 AM
Let us know how the new settings work brother!!!! I'm putting a new comfort seat on mine today. It was my mama day gift yea!!!!

Bob Denman
05-13-2012, 09:48 AM
You get an infestation of Spyders in one garage, and you just KNEW that this would happen! :roflblack: :2thumbs: :firstplace:

larrymz3
05-13-2012, 09:53 AM

Dwanton
05-13-2012, 10:12 AM
Where do you purchase the belt tensioner from -- the link on our home page doesn't have a place to order , Just information .

http://www.smoothspyder.com/products.html

Found it on eBay , and looks like we get a $5 discount for being on the forum.

So $200 for this , is money well spent ?

spydee66
05-13-2012, 10:29 AM
I bought 2 of them from Jim and dont regret it at all. Made a big difference of the vibration and wish this would have been one of my first upgrades. Get in touch with jim and get U a new one. I just don't trust the used stuff like this. Especially when it's hooked up to your main belt. This a a must add for a vibration free ride in my opinion.

spydee66
05-13-2012, 10:30 AM
I had a feeling I would see U in here Bob, LOL.

spydee66
05-13-2012, 10:31 AM
Glad all working out! I love working on the Spyders. I wouldn't know how If it wasn't for spyderlovers.com I will get me one of them Smoothspyder belt tensioners some day when I can get some extra money's. It was very enjoyable working with you on this build.

By the way "MY THUMB HURTS THIS MORNING":roflblack:

You could have at least shared the beers brother!!!!

spyder3
05-13-2012, 12:19 PM
Where do you purchase the belt tensioner from -- the link on our home page doesn't have a place to order , Just information .

http://www.smoothspyder.com/products.html

Found it on eBay , and looks like we get a $5 discount for being on the forum.

So $200 for this , is money well spent ?

Yes, if you have a belt thats vibrating and annoying as :cus: :bowdown:

Farmboy
05-13-2012, 08:17 PM
You could have at least shared the beers brother!!!!

I will share beer with any one in my shop. All ways have a frig full. And have something on the smoker:bbq:

Bob Denman
05-14-2012, 06:58 AM
:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: :firstplace: :2thumbs: