PDA

View Full Version : riders in illinois

BigLegMac
05-12-2012, 06:54 PM
Hi everyone, i am new to this site and a new rider since april 2010 when I picked up my spyder roadster. I am looking for people to ride with in my area. I live in cook county south of chicago in the suburbs.:D

8LEGS
05-12-2012, 07:58 PM
:welcome: I'm not in Illinois, I'm in north central Indiana. Maybe see ya on a ride sometime.

Papa
05-12-2012, 08:35 PM
Check out our site at www.wiilyspyderryders.com

We are a group of Spyder Ryders from Illinois and Wisconsin.

BigLegMac
05-14-2012, 03:56 PM
Thanks guys for the info. Hopefully I will see you around.

Smokinspyder
05-28-2012, 09:12 PM
Welcome .. I ride with Papa and the group that was posted above. Its a good group and fun to ride with Hope to see you around sometime !

DNCKessinger
02-07-2013, 01:33 PM
:D Hi all! New to the site. We are from Central Il and looking to see others from our ar

vrodrjs
02-07-2013, 02:32 PM
:D Hi all! New to the site. We are from Central Il and looking to see others from our ar

I think I am pretty close.... south of the lake.

Bob

JJW SpyderRider
02-07-2013, 09:09 PM
Hi everyone, i am new to this site and a new rider since april 2010 when I picked up my spyder roadster. I am looking for people to ride with in my area. I live in cook county south of chicago in the suburbs.:D

Welcome to the party :yes: I also ride with Papa. We do a burger run to the Bristol Tap every now and then hope you can join us. The dates will be posted on the website.

We will be at the motorcycle show this Saturday, if you are going to the show stop by the BRP booth.

Papa
02-08-2013, 12:09 PM
We have reformed the group and have a new name and new website and facebook page. You can find the Woodstock Spyder Ryders at:

http://woodstockspyderryders.com/

and on FB at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/woodstockspyderryders/

Please stop by to see what we are up to....

Tigger
02-09-2013, 10:22 AM
I think I am pretty close.... south of the lake.

Bob

We come up to Jacksonville quite often. Let us know when you ant to ride.

speedyy52
02-12-2013, 01:52 PM
I'm new to this site I just got my 2012 spyder last year in oct love it can wait to ride I live in Plainfield,Illinois, hope to met some of the spyder owners!!!!

JJW SpyderRider
02-12-2013, 02:43 PM
I'm new to this site I just got my 2012 spyder last year in oct love it can wait to ride I live in Plainfield,Illinois, hope to met some of the spyder owners!!!!

We would love to have you join our group of riders. Our web site is http://woodstockspyderryders.com/ We go for burgers not far from you in Bristol once the weather warms up. We also have several groups going to Spyderfest if you would like to join in.

Jeff

:welcome:

vrodrjs
02-12-2013, 08:05 PM
We come up to Jacksonville quite often. Let us know when you ant to ride.

Up from where.

speedyy52
02-13-2013, 09:04 AM
I'll like to thank you u welcome me to your group I look forward to meetting all of yous, I would of like to to spyder fest but won't be able to make it this year but next year it's on,please let me know of future events comeing.....

Tigger
02-17-2013, 04:49 PM
We are from the Alton/ Grafton area.

vrodrjs
02-17-2013, 06:33 PM
I just got back from Teds today. One of my favorite rides is down through Campsville and Grafton with a stop for some food at Fast Eddie's

4x4GymRat
04-07-2013, 06:47 PM
I'm in the Oak Lawn area. Just took my spyder out today for the first time. I'm off weekends,and usually ride late at night Sat/Sun. I ride into Indiana. A buddy of mine lives in Schererville. We meet up. He has a Harley. I also go out after work sometimes during the week. I get off at 11pm. I have a vacation week coming up around the middle of May. I'd like to take a day trip heading south,towards starved rock

BigLegMac
05-01-2013, 06:36 PM
I am further south from you. Maybe we can get together and ride. Off work on thurs and fridays and every other weekend. off may 12 weekend.

SpyderrRyder62
05-04-2013, 09:32 PM
Hi, all - My husband and I are Spyder shopping and looking to meet up with other owners/riders in the Central Illinois area. Also, have a question for ya. We're considering the RT's. I know it says you can integrate your iPod with the sound system, but is it also compatible with iPhone 5? And does anyone use navigation and music from their phone versus paying extra for the Garmin system?

Hope to be meeting some of you soon and joining you on the road.

Shari

krzychick
05-06-2013, 12:05 PM
HEY YA ALL !!!! Rivco Products is having an OPEN HOUSE on May 25th at 11:00am for ALL SPYDER OWNERS...We would LOVE TO HAVE YOU !!!! This will include a welcome gift, and tour of Rivco Products, and RAFFLES. WOOOO WHOOOO, so please consider, we would love to have you. We have quite a few Spyder owners coming to this event, heck the more SPYDERS the better. This is also the weekend of our Burlington Neslte's chocolate festival, OMG, even the air in Burlington smells like chocolate, if you have never been ? THIS IS A MUST !!!!! A great festival. PLEASE R.S.V.P. if this is someting you would want to attend, Thank you KRZY CHICK. Hope to See You May 25th. If wanting information on chocolate fest, go to. chocolatefest.com.676386763967640

Hi, all - My husband and I are Spyder shopping and looking to meet up with other owners/riders in the Central Illinois area. Also, have a question for ya. We're considering the RT's. I know it says you can integrate your iPod with the sound system, but is it also compatible with iPhone 5? And does anyone use navigation and music from their phone versus paying extra for the Garmin system?

Shari

tofriendscreek
05-06-2013, 12:39 PM
Shari,

Where in Central IL do you live?

Normally, I run the music from my iPhone to the speakers in my helmet via Bluetooth. Works great.

ARtraveler
05-06-2013, 12:58 PM
:welcome: to the site. Not from you area, but can help with questions if you decide to make the Alaska trip some day. :thumbup:

mac spyder
05-06-2013, 07:39 PM
My wife Patti and I are from southern IL, Granite City. Across the river from St. Louis, MO. If any of you are going to be down this way PM us. Maybe we can ride somewhere.:yes:

SpyderrRyder62
05-10-2013, 11:53 AM
Shari,

Where in Central IL do you live?

Normally, I run the music from my iPhone to the speakers in my helmet via Bluetooth. Works great.

Hi - We are in the Champaign area. Did you buy from a Can-am dealer, and if so, which one?

tofriendscreek
06-05-2013, 12:50 PM
It was purchased new from Cowtown in Cuba, Missouri.

Mark Gannon
05-21-2014, 01:59 PM
I am a new owner too n I live near the peoria area. I just bought my 2013 rt Easter weekend.

cyclelover63
05-21-2014, 05:43 PM
Congratulations on your new Spyder!!!!!!!!!!..:clap::clap::clap:

Mark Gannon
05-31-2014, 09:01 AM

Shari

Hey guys new owners here of a RT and from Morton Illinois. I use my Samsung 4 and run it thru the system on Pandora and it works great.
Look forward to meeting you all sometime.

claychaser
05-31-2014, 09:52 AM

Greetings and welcome! We started ryding the last of last year. We have joined SOAR, Spyder Owners and Ryders, http://www.joinsoar.com/home.htmlhere is the link.

It is in Johnson Creek, WI It is a nice ryde from our home in Grayslake IL and they a are a really great friendly group of people. Rob's performance sponsors them and we meet there -realllllly nice dealership and they have put a lot of time and effort (They FEED US!!!) into sponsoring SOAR. We had no problem "breaking in" to the group. We go up and ryde the great beautiful green areas of Wisconson and get into small towns we ever knew existed ...Fun! We have the second annual Spyder Rendezvous coming up, check the web site for details.

We made attempts to contact and ryde with the group out of Woodstock, and it just didn't work out. We WILL be at the pig roast at Jim Potts Motor Group, their sponsor dealer. This should be a good time to meet the group and I hope their re organization goes well. I really encourage you to attend to meet folks and find out where they are from and maybe ryde together in the future. We hope to ryde with them as well.

Hope to see you there!

Best, Andy

Mark Gannon
07-28-2014, 06:55 PM

Shari

Central Illinois hear.... morton illinois

bradyb6599
09-06-2014, 07:40 AM
Pecatonica / Rockford , Illinois area here. Looking for others to take day trips. I'm free almost any day for a ride !!!
Looking forward to hearing from you. LET TAKE A RIDE !!!!!

Brady Bowman
815-871-8598

donsedlacek
11-06-2014, 05:29 PM
I live in plainfield, my wife & and I got spyders last year. Did see this till now . Just getting used to going to the forum