PDA

View Full Version : Trip to Durango

flamingobabe
05-12-2012, 04:19 PM
Who's going? What Route?

hotglue and I will leave on Friday...go to Kerrville.....a special Lions Camp awards for our camper Sarah.....Saturday to Abilene so we can eat at Perini's Ranch Steakhouse... https://www.periniranch.com/ then I'm not sure..we have sunday and monday??????.we will be in Albq on Tuesday...staying at Ramada...wedsenday we will ride to Durango with the group.....speak up

conroe spyders
05-12-2012, 06:43 PM
We are for sure going....supposed to be discussed at this Saturdays meeting. We are wondering the same thing. Originally Twain had it mapped out good but with his house being built?? unsure if he is going. Original plan he had was us leaving Monday 18th, stay in Lubbock, onto Albq. Tuesday, then Durango Wed-, back home Sunday 24th. Hope you can meet Saturdays meeting & we learn more then. Just excited to be going & it's getting closer!!!

scooterexpress
05-13-2012, 10:36 AM
wheres everyone staying in alburque? me and my wife are at the quality inn on hotel cir dr some of the group i'm with will be at the ramada inn i believe its like less then a block away from where im staying.

flamingobabe
05-13-2012, 11:41 AM
Ramada in Albq...sounds like we are just down the road..getting excited

thehawk
05-13-2012, 12:09 PM
We are for sure going....supposed to be discussed at this Saturdays meeting. We are wondering the same thing. Originally Twain had it mapped out good but with his house being built?? unsure if he is going. Original plan he had was us leaving Monday 18th, stay in Lubbock, onto Albq. Tuesday, then Durango Wed-, back home Sunday 24th. Hope you can meet Saturdays meeting & we learn more then. Just excited to be going & it's getting closer!!!

Twain and I had talked about meeting enroute and riding to Lubbock ... we could still do that if we compare routes:).

thehawk

conroe spyders
05-13-2012, 01:54 PM
OUR RESERVATIONS/PLANS.....GETTIN' CLOSE:ohyea:

Monday (18th) and Sat. (23rd)-Best Western Lubbock, TX
Tuesday- Ramada Inn Albuquerque
Wed-check ou Sat. Super 8 Durango, CO
Home Sunday 24th

effgjamis
05-13-2012, 06:02 PM
two days to Albq... meet up and then on to durango.
Leaving Fl and meeting up at Wildwood at 4:am and on the road again.

Schnauzer
05-13-2012, 06:35 PM
Spydette has a life long friend in Albq. We'll be staying the night there. About 10 miles North of town. We're curious how long everyone is going to stay before heading home. We are planning on touring the 5- 14,000ft elev passes. I'm wondering if it is going to be like Cuba. Everyone ride up together and then just be on your own. Not really what you call a group outing. Since our Ride Captain will be outta pocket. Reckon the VP will have to step up to the plate.

conroe spyders
05-13-2012, 08:04 PM
Hope that's not the case...one thing to do your own thing while in Durango but hope ride back atleast few of us can be together....for safety if nothing else!!!

springcrawler
05-13-2012, 08:27 PM
OUR RESERVATIONS/PLANS.....GETTIN' CLOSE:ohyea:

Monday (18th) and Sat. (23rd)-Best Western Lubbock, TX
Tuesday- Ramada Inn Albuquerque
Wed-check ou Sat. Super 8 Durango, CO
Home Sunday 24th

This is our agenda as well hopefully we can scoot outta houston early on the 18th say 4-5 am i'm hoping we can at least beat some of the west texas heat :pray: trailer all wired ready hurry up June :yes:

FmfTxs
05-13-2012, 08:30 PM
Spydette has a life long friend in Albq. We'll be staying the night there. About 10 miles North of town. We're curious how long everyone is going to stay before heading home. We are planning on touring the 5- 14,000ft elev passes. I'm wondering if it is going to be like Cuba. Everyone ride up together and then just be on your own. Not really what you call a group outing. Since our Ride Captain will be outta pocket. Reckon the VP will have to step up to the plate.
I could step up, but it would be from Mullins, West Virginia. Bonnie and I will be there for my nieces wedding. Group ride would be a great idea coming back. There are areas in west Texas that are lonely. We'll get things ironed out this Saturday.

Rick

( Kim, makes a great ride captain, just sayin);)

RAYYOU
05-13-2012, 09:34 PM
We will be leaving on June 17 or 18, not sure yet. We will either ride up with the Conroe
group are go up through Amarrilo and meet up with everyone in Albuquerque. Just not sure yet. We will be staying at the Ramada in Albuquerque and Super 8 in Durango.

thehawk
05-13-2012, 09:57 PM
This is our agenda as well hopefully we can scoot outta houston early on the 18th say 4-5 am i'm hoping we can at least beat some of the west texas heat :pray: trailer all wired ready hurry up June :yes:

Got your route from Houston chosen yet? And any suggested timetable?

We're leaving Round Rock that morning headed northwest. Probably 183 to 84 to Lubbock.

thehawk

Phil
05-13-2012, 10:48 PM
Ends up that we're not going.

Phil, Tyler TX- from my iPad3.5 using Tapatalk HD

flamingobabe
05-14-2012, 09:25 AM
[QUOTE=Phil;453630]Ends up that we're not going.

Sorry to hear this...y'all will be missed....be safe...have fun...