PDA

View Full Version : Any Spyders in West Texas

Spydee8
05-10-2012, 10:17 PM
Just wanted to drop by and say, "Hello!" My husband and I just got got our 2012 Spyder RT-S last month, and are really enjoying it!! Just wondering if there are any groups close to us, since we haven't seen many Spyders in our area. I only have seen one other Spyder in our town. So glad this forum exists, I'm sure we will have questions.

Dee

bikeguy
05-10-2012, 11:11 PM
We're just down the road a ways from you at Bronte. We've had our 2010 RT for just over 2 years and really love it. I don't see many Spyders here, either. I know one RS rider in San Angelo but I don't think she's been riding much lately. Love to go riding with y'all sometime or meet somewhere and eat a burger or something.

Cotton

scooterexpress
05-11-2012, 09:17 AM
theres a couple that lives in aspermont they been looking to ride with others they are on s.l. i'm in ft-worth if you get this way give me a shout.

Spydee8
05-11-2012, 08:32 PM
Thanks Cotton and Scooterexpress...we will be in touch:D

Dee

Phil
05-11-2012, 10:51 PM
Hey Spydee8!

We're not 'near you' by definition of most people, but in Texas terms, we are:). Our son goes to Tech so we come through your town 1-3times each year. I should say, used to. He's a senior and will graduate in December so, only 1or 2 more trips.

Welcome!!

Phil, Tyler TX- from my iPad3.5 using Tapatalk HD

sarahmcg
05-12-2012, 04:10 PM
Just wanted to drop by and say, "Hello!" My husband and I just got got our 2012 Spyder RT-S last month, and are really enjoying it!! Just wondering if there are any groups close to us, since we haven't seen many Spyders in our area. I only have seen one other Spyder in our town. So glad this forum exists, I'm sure we will have questions.

Dee

Hi Dee,

My husband and I live in Aspermont and each have a spyder. Would like to make contact with you and ride sometime before weather gets to hot.
I am on this site as Sarahmcg. Like to hear from you.

Sarah

sarahmcg
05-12-2012, 04:14 PM
We're just down the road a ways from you at Bronte. We've had our 2010 RT for just over 2 years and really love it. I don't see many Spyders here, either. I know one RS rider in San Angelo but I don't think she's been riding much lately. Love to go riding with y'all sometime or meet somewhere and eat a burger or something.

Cotton

We would like to have a burger.

Sarah

flamingobabe
05-12-2012, 04:23 PM
Sarah....I just started a post about who's going to Durango on the Texas board...hopefully others will speak up...looking forward to meeting you

bikeguy
05-12-2012, 05:05 PM
We would like to have a burger.

Sarah

Didn't know about y'all until I read your post, Sarah. We would like to meet you and your husband as well as Dee and her husband. Sweetwater might be a good place to meet, it's kinda in the middle of Bronte, Snyder and Aspermont. I don't know a good burger place there but Allen's Family Style Restaurant has some really good fried chicken and lots of vegetables to go with it. That might be a place to meet. I'm retired so we can go most any time. Maybe you and Dee can plan a get together where we can all meet each other. Let me know and we'll be ready.

Cotton

thehawk
05-12-2012, 05:50 PM
Sarah....I just started a post about who's going to Durango on the Texas board...hopefully others will speak up...looking forward to meeting you

A contingent of us from the Austin area will leave on the 18th, staying in Lubbock that night, going on into Albuquerque the following morning for the ryde into Durango.

As it gets closer we should compare schedules.

thehawk

Spydeb
05-12-2012, 06:11 PM

Hey there Flamingobabe,

I was wondering too who was all going from Texas. I am heading out early on the 16th. Looking foward to seeing you again.

spyderdiva
05-12-2012, 06:27 PM
I know we have a group going from Conroe area.

flamingobabe
05-12-2012, 07:43 PM
Spydeb...been missing you...glad to hear you are going to Durango....see y'all there

NitroCircus Spyder
05-13-2012, 07:21 AM
Spydeb...been missing you...glad to hear you are going to Durango....see y'all there

Hi Everyone,

We will be leaving from Round Rock, TX with The Hawk on 6/18 and staying over in Lubbock. On 6/19 we will head to Albuquerque, NM and spend the night and on 6/20 we will head up to Durango with the large group.

I look forward to meeting alot of you and so that you know that I'm from TX, I will be wearing my t-shirt with the state of TX and spyder on it. Look for me and my t-shirt. Cannot wait!

P.S. Hopefully there will be some of you staying in Lubbock on the 18th so we could all ride on in to NM together.:yes::yes::yes::)

Spydee8
05-15-2012, 07:48 PM
Didn't know about y'all until I read your post, Sarah. We would like to meet you and your husband as well as Dee and her husband. Sweetwater might be a good place to meet, it's kinda in the middle of Bronte, Snyder and Aspermont. I don't know a good burger place there but Allen's Family Style Restaurant has some really good fried chicken and lots of vegetables to go with it. That might be a place to meet. I'm retired so we can go most any time. Maybe you and Dee can plan a get together where we can all meet each other. Let me know and we'll be ready.

Cotton

Mike and I work night shifts, but we will work something out!! Be in touch soon.

bikeguy
05-15-2012, 10:55 PM
Mike and I work night shifts, but we will work something out!! Be in touch soon.

Great! Look forward to meeting y'all as well as Sarah and her husband.

Cotton

sarahmcg
05-17-2012, 07:04 AM

Cotton

Sounds fun, let us know. Anything going on with you this Sat. May 19th?

Sarah & Bobby

bikeguy
05-17-2012, 10:46 AM
Sounds fun, let us know. Anything going on with you this Sat. May 19th?

Sarah & Bobby

My wife works part time in a little gift shop here in town and, unfortunately, she is already committed to work on Saturday, the 19th. Could we meet on Sunday, May 20? Allen's is open on Sunday from 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM. I know that would be hard to make if you go to church first but we don't usually go. While we haven't tried it, my wife's boss says there is a good burger place called Skeet's that also has very good chicken fried steaks. I'm gonna PM you our phone number. Maybe we can talk on the phone and decide a time and place when we can get together. Hope Dee and Mike will be able to join us as well.

Cotton and Joyce

Spydee8
05-17-2012, 02:12 PM
Sorry guys, we have made plans for Sunday and won't be able to go this time. But you heard right, Cotton, Skeet's is great!! Be hungry, because you get your money's worth. We are have to go to Lubbock Saturday because when we got our Spyder the front tires were put on wrong. So, we will be tied up Saturday too. Hopefully, soon we can meet up.

Dee and Mike

bikeguy
05-17-2012, 10:38 PM
Yeah, I hope we can get together before too long. We will be out of town next weekend so that's out. Depending on your schedule, we might even get together for supper during the week sometime. I don't normally ride much at night anymore because the deer are just so bad but, it's not dark now until almost 9:00 so we might do that. Haven't heard from Sarah and Bobby yet so we might still be able to meet them this weekend.

Cotton and Joyce

Wingman
06-02-2012, 11:46 PM
:congrats: And :welcome: We live in Midland. We are always looking for other Spyder Ryder's to get together with. We know another couple in Odessa with a white limited. And my brother inlaw and his wife just picked up their Spyder today. Maybe we could meet up somewhere for coffee or lunch sometime.

stutzmason
06-03-2012, 12:09 AM
I am in the central Texas area ..Killeen Ft. Hood .... I don't really see any Spyders around here.

Schnauzer
06-05-2012, 08:08 AM
I am in the central Texas area ..Killeen Ft. Hood .... I don't really see any Spyders around here.

Well if your out and about on the 18th. Be at the intersection of 190 and the loop around Bell County Courthouse 10:30 am.. Gona be an invasion of Arachnids.:yikes:..

TexasSpyder
06-20-2012, 05:29 AM
I live in Andrews and am in Snyder at the White Buffalo Fest almost every year. This year on the RT Limited LavaBronze. If you come this way, let me know and we can meet up.
J. D.

Spydee8
06-20-2012, 12:25 PM
JD,

I have already put in for a vacation day for Friday October 5th for the White Buffalo Bikefest, so if you come, the Spyders can ryde in the parade. Let me know if you will be able to come this year.Plans are underway for this year's Bikefest and its going to be great!!:doorag:

Dee

TexasSpyder
06-20-2012, 06:11 PM
JD,

I have already put in for a vacation day for Friday October 5th for the White Buffalo Bikefest, so if you come, the Spyders can ryde in the parade. Let me know if you will be able to come this year.Plans are underway for this year's Bikefest and its going to be great!!:doorag:

Dee

Sounds good is the parade on Friday? What time? I plan on being there.
J. D.

Wingman
06-22-2012, 09:13 PM

Dee

My Brother-In-Law and his wife in Odessa just bought a 2012 RT. We are heading to Lubbock tomorrow, June 23rd, to visit the Omni Theater. I'm sure we will find a good place to eat also. You are more than welcome to meet up with us and join in. Maybe meet in Lamesa?

Spydee8
06-23-2012, 11:08 PM
J.D.

Not sure yet what the time will be, but when the schedule is posted, I will let you know. The event organizers will be posting soon, i'm sure.

Monty and Shirley,

Thanks for the invite, but I am working this weekend. Hopefully, we can all meet up and ryde sometime. That would be great.

Dee

TexasSpyder
07-29-2012, 07:58 PM
JD,

Dee

I put in for the 5th also. Keep me in the loop with some times etc. and I plan on being there.
J. D.

Blondespyder
08-21-2012, 03:53 PM
Amarillo. My brother in law had family in aspermont and I do go to Lubbock occasionally. But, sadly. Noone comes up this way to ride. :(

BigLefty
08-22-2012, 08:30 PM
My wife and I are near new owners of a 2010 RT SE5. Have seen a couple of other spyders around Amarillo, but don't know anyone that has one. Would be interested in getting acquainted with other owners the Panhandle or anywhere within a couple of hundred miles. NOTE: have a cousin who lives in Snyder.

Jim & Martha

Blondespyder
08-22-2012, 08:38 PM
My wife and I are near new owners of a 2010 RT SE5. Have seen a couple of other spyders around Amarillo, but don't know anyone that has one. Would be interested in getting acquainted with other owners the Panhandle or anywhere within a couple of hundred miles. NOTE: have a cousin who lives in Snyder.

Jim & Martha

FINALLY!!! Someone in Amarillo? Would love to meet and possibly go for some rides.

Spydee8
08-29-2012, 03:44 AM
Jim and Martha,

Anytime ya'll are planning to come to Snyder, let me know. I have a real crazy work schedule, but hopefully, we will be able to meet up and ryde!!

Dee

SpyRider
10-25-2012, 09:40 PM
Are there really other Spyder riders in the Amarillo area? I live in Canyon and have owned my 2011 RT for about 1 1/2 yrs. It would be great to get to know some other local riders. I was beginning to believe I must be the lone ranger/ryder or something.

Henry

Blondespyder
10-26-2012, 02:36 PM
Are there really other Spyder riders in the Amarillo area? I live in Canyon and have owned my 2011 RT for about 1 1/2 yrs. It would be great to get to know some other local riders. I was beginning to believe I must be the lone ranger/ryder or something.

Henry

Hi Henry,
I live in Amarillo and have and mine since 2008. I haven't seen anyone else out riding a Spyder except one RT. and it was an older couple. I ride an RS and love it. I always do the toy runs!! Maybe I will see you at one?

spyderrider51
11-02-2012, 02:10 PM
:yes:Glad to see the are other Spyder riders in Amarillo. Keep seeing one or two cruising around but never have had the pleasure of meeting. My first Spyder was a red 2009 rs se5 traded up to a red 2012 rtse5 last December. Maybe we can meet up sometime for some rides.
Darrell and LaTayne

BigLefty
11-05-2012, 12:06 AM
:yes:Glad to see the are other Spyder riders in Amarillo. Keep seeing one or two cruising around but never have had the pleasure of meeting. My first Spyder was a red 2009 rs se5 traded up to a red 2012 rtse5 last December. Maybe we can meet up sometime for some rides.
Darrell and LaTayne

Hey Darrell & LaTayne, Jim & Martha here! We are from Amarillo and ride a 2010 Black RT SE5. Need for all of us in Amarillo to have a meet & greet.

BigLefty
11-05-2012, 12:08 AM
Hi Henry,
I live in Amarillo and have and mine since 2008. I haven't seen anyone else out riding a Spyder except one RT. and it was an older couple. I ride an RS and love it. I always do the toy runs!! Maybe I will see you at one?

Silygirl would you be interested in a "meet & greet"? Looks like there are at least 3 riders in Amarillo and one in Canyon. Any ideas?

BigLefty
11-05-2012, 12:10 AM

Henry

Hey Henry, Jim here. Would you be interested in a "meet & greet" with the Amarillo bunch?

SpyRider
11-05-2012, 10:54 AM
I think it would be great to schedule a meet and visit. I would propose we do that soon. Just to get things moving and having no idea of others schedules, here's a start: I'm generally flexible with the exception that I would not be able to meet this weekend, Friday - Sunday.
Henry

Blondespyder
11-05-2012, 03:15 PM
I would LOVE to!!! Count me in
I will be in Dallas this weekend for the bike expo but, after that just let me know when. Me and "Big Ben" will be there.
There is a toy run the weekend after that I always go to. It was the Evelyn rivers toy run but, this year it's now called the Salvation Army toy run. Starts at TRIPPS on the 16th I believe. I will be in the parade

Blondespyder
11-05-2012, 03:16 PM
I think it would be great to schedule a meet and visit. I would propose we do that soon. Just to get things moving and having no idea of others schedules, here's a start: I'm generally flexible with the exception that I would not be able to meet this weekend, Friday - Sunday.
Henry

Are you going to the expo in Dallas this coming weekend?
I will be there from Friday through Sunday

Blondespyder
11-05-2012, 03:22 PM
Silygirl would you be interested in a "meet & greet"? Looks like there are at least 3 riders in Amarillo and one in Canyon. Any ideas?

How about a nice lunch meet at maybe "Wrongway Feldmans" on say the 17th? Or there is always the Big Texan. ;)
Plenty of room there and we can get a big enough table for everyone. Plus they are in no hurry to push us out the door. Lol

Blondespyder
11-05-2012, 03:31 PM
I started a group for West Texas Spider Riders.. If any of y'all here in Amarillo or canyon want to join please go to the groups section and join. It is so we can as a GROUP plan meets and share events that we can all enjoy. :clap:

SpyRider
11-05-2012, 09:25 PM
I'm signed in with the group. Great idea!

Blondespyder
11-05-2012, 09:32 PM
I'm signed in with the group. Great idea!

Thank you :2thumbs:

are you going to make it to the meet on the 17th? :pray:

SpyRider
11-06-2012, 11:29 PM
Thank you :2thumbs:

are you going to make it to the meet on the 17th? :pray:

I'm in for noon on the 17th.

Henry

Blondespyder
11-06-2012, 11:38 PM
Can you do dinner at 7 Henry?

Blondespyder
11-06-2012, 11:39 PM
If enough want to do lunch we can change the time. Just need more of us to actually reply :)

SpyRider
11-07-2012, 09:54 PM
Can you do dinner at 7 Henry?

I can't do 7, I already have a commitment for the evening. Noon would work, but I understand the difficulty in finding a common time for all envolved. Where do things stand on a location? Either of your suggestions or another would be ok with me. Hope we can find a good time that fits everyone's schedule. My wife Linda will be accompanying me.

spyderrider51
11-07-2012, 11:17 PM
:yes:Im in for the 17th. Just need to know time and place. I have also found another Spyder Rider in Amarillo. They would like to come also.:cheers::chat:

Blondespyder
11-13-2012, 08:44 AM
Ok everyone!! Lunch at the big Texan. Straight up noon. :)
I need a head count so I get a big enough table. So please please please tell me who all is coming.

There is a toy run the next day I will be at if anyone may want to go also. We can discuss it at lunch.

Ask for Kris when you come to eat and they will get everyone to the right table.

SpyRider
11-13-2012, 03:20 PM
Ok everyone!! Lunch at the big Texan. Straight up noon. :)
I need a head count so I get a big enough table. So please please please tell me who all is coming.

There is a toy run the next day I will be at if anyone may want to go also. We can discuss it at lunch.

Ask for Kris when you come to eat and they will get everyone to the right table.

Linda and I (2) will be there. We are looking forward to meeting everyone.
Henry