PDA

View Full Version : Adrenaline Rush in Australia?

Rando
05-10-2012, 12:32 PM
link

(http://www.couriermail.com.au/life/outabout/get-an-adrenaline-rush-close-to-home/story-fn8ujcxa-1226352348973)On your bike
FOR those with the need for speed, head to Coolangatta on the Gold Coast to hire the newest thing in power sports - the Can-Am Spyder Roadster motorbike.
This unique three-wheeled roadster is powered by a 1000cc Rotax engine. You need to have an R class unrestricted and current motorcycle licence.
Cost: Half-day $185, full day $295.
Contact Can-Am Spyder Roadster motorbike hire on the Gold Coast at 0421 069 196 or spyderryder.com.au (http://www.spyderryder.com.au/).

IGETAROUND
05-10-2012, 08:02 PM
You need to have an R class unrestricted and current motorcycle licence.

Too bad there isn't the same level of oversight here for bikes and cars:yikes:

SXSMachine
05-11-2012, 04:13 PM
You need to have an R class unrestricted and current motorcycle licence.

Too bad there isn't the same level of oversight here for bikes and cars:yikes:

You dont want to wish for more restrictions in case you end up like Australia.

Phil
05-11-2012, 04:37 PM
I came real close to renting one from them while I was in the Gold Coast earlier this year.

IGETAROUND
05-11-2012, 05:20 PM
You dont want to wish for more restrictions in case you end up like Australia.

​The restrictions are not what I was refering to; it's the better motivated and knowledgeable rider which is produced when the standards for obtaining a licence requires more than performing figure 8's in a parking lot without touching your foot down. You just get a more refined, professional rider if the bar is set higher. Sort of the difference between an ultralight pilot and a F-18 jock. We all don't need to be at the F-18 level to ride safely but do need to be far above the ultralight category.

Seeing as how we are not likely to ever see the requirements for operation of cages rise appreciably, then it behooves us all to be as skilled at our trade as we can be.

Now I'll stop prior to alienating any other group of individuals with my beliefs.

pauly1
05-12-2012, 07:53 AM
r.e. Figure 8

many people can ride fast but can they stop? or can they SEE danger coming from the front , sides or rear?

The figure 8 is more then a simple maneuver. It's about balance and control. It's a confidence builder. I offer that a confident rider is a safer rider. I further offer that in the two wheel world more people go down at slow speeds or stopped albeit with less catastropic results than a crash at speed.

Long Live The Figure 8!

Wayne

SXSMachine
05-16-2012, 10:46 AM
​The restrictions are not what I was refering to; it's the better motivated and knowledgeable rider which is produced when the standards for obtaining a licence requires more than performing figure 8's in a parking lot without touching your foot down. You just get a more refined, professional rider if the bar is set higher. Sort of the difference between an ultralight pilot and a F-18 jock. We all don't need to be at the F-18 level to ride safely but do need to be far above the ultralight category.

Seeing as how we are not likely to ever see the requirements for operation of cages rise appreciably, then it behooves us all to be as skilled at our trade as we can be.

Now I'll stop prior to alienating any other group of individuals with my beliefs.

Fully appreciate your wish for higher standards and particular for road education and skill development for not only riders but drivers as well. We'd all be better off and since government courses stop well short of the level of proficiency we all come to expect as bike riders we can only as you say encourage each other to develop the highest level of skill we can attain and never be complacent about learning and practicing when we have the chance or create the chance if it hasn't come around often enough.

Its all good and just as much as I hate seeing the words mandatory and restriction because of our experience here I have to balance my view against the greater good as well and say somewhere somebody has got to draw the line and if I was in charge I'd draw that line.

So do take it with a little self deprecating humor as well that you may end up like Australia as we have let ourselves slide into rack a ruin legislation & rule wise. And say a little prayer for us poor repressed Australians :pray: :banghead:

Cheers brother! :thumbup: