PDA

View Full Version : Options?

I No U Rider
05-09-2012, 08:43 PM
Thinking about buying a Spyder, but need some info first please. Are they all the same width when you are sitting on them? My 30" legs with bolt plate and 3 pins in left hip can't take it. Too much spread. I did find out I will definitely need an SE model. BTW-I was sitting on one that has running boards and 5" pullbacks. I feel like if it was more narrow at the seat nose then it would be no problem. What are my options? Highyway pegs or running boards that come about 6" higher and more towards the front? Thanks.

NancysToy
05-09-2012, 09:04 PM
Sorry, the width doesn't change. I would also be surprised if a custom seat would work, either. They offer more support at the hips (aka butt) but the nose remains as wide or wider. Sit on one for a good long while at a dealership. On the road that feeling will be multiplied somewhat. You movement in turns may also aggravate your condition. Hard to judge that in the showroom, but try leaning to each side to see how it feels. I wish you the best of luck in finding a solution that works for you.