PDA

View Full Version : air filter

rock
05-08-2012, 05:26 PM
hurrah!!!! K n N now makes a air filter for the rts-se5 it just hit the market about a month or so ago...:clap:

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-08-2012, 08:01 PM
And naturally you are going to keep the part numbers and how to obtain the filter to yourself RIGHT

eddieshep999
05-08-2012, 11:02 PM
Taken from K&N Website UK Site

I understand K&N Part numbers are as follows :-

SPYDER RT - Air Filter - CM 9910
Oil Filter - KN 564

Ref SE5 Not sure if the OIL FILTER Would be the same for Engine and Auto transmission

Hope this helps

Eddie Sheppard
Reading UK

Trickie Dick
05-09-2012, 09:02 AM
And naturally you are going to keep the part numbers and how to obtain the filter to yourself RIGHT

Taken from K&N Website UK Site

I understand K&N Part numbers are as follows :-

SPYDER RT - Air Filter - CM 9910
Oil Filter - KN 564

Ref SE5 Not sure if the OIL FILTER Would be the same for Engine and Auto transmission

Hope this helps

Eddie Sheppard
Reading UK

HAPPY NOW:rolleyes:

clueless
05-11-2012, 12:33 PM
had one installed at Spyderfest :-)

like K&N as I already have all the cleaner and reoiling kits for the air filters (have one on Harley and SUV)!

smurfette
05-14-2012, 09:36 PM
Thanks for info! I was going to have the dealer switch all filters for K&M when Smurfette goes for her 6k service

kevorama
05-15-2012, 09:21 PM
I had K&N on my Hurricane back in 1987 and it rocked. I have RAM AIR induction and a Green Filter on the RT-SE5 currently. I'm very happy with these results of this combination. Will the K&N be able to take the excessive intake for those that decide to RAM AIR their bikes? The original BRP filter shreds under those conditions. Just a passing thought.

spyderbirds
05-15-2012, 09:32 PM
I had K&N on my Hurricane back in 1987 and it rocked. I have RAM AIR induction and a Green Filter on the RT-SE5 currently. I'm very happy with these results of this combination. Will the K&N be able to take the excessive intake for those that decide to RAM AIR their bikes? The original BRP filter shreds under those conditions. Just a passing thought.

Cowtown did my ram air and a K&N filter just before spyderfest, i think Len said the K&N filter was new to the package, offered my choice of K&N or green filter.

kevorama
05-15-2012, 09:52 PM
OK, good to hear that. When Len did my Performance Pack II, K&N wasn't an option. Glad to hear that they stepped up to the plate in offerings for the Spyder. Although, we're still pretty sparse, I think that these bikes are going to be the wave of the future. I got off of 2 wheelers because 'no one could see me'. I'm almost 6' wide now and have the lights of a traveling circus, and I can romp on the pedal, be seen, be heard and be safe! Rock on :thumbup:

It's a shame that I didn't get to meet you at SpyderFest. We were pretty busy. If you made it to Friday Night Lights (FNL) I was the fireworks guy.