PDA

View Full Version : rt limited booked in at Cowtown for stage 2 kit and........

spyderrock
05-08-2012, 01:35 PM
I am going to the owners event but first I am making a detour to Cowtown to get the stage 2 kit installed on the rt. I am getting the Elkas for the front but what I want to ask is....Is the rear Elka that much better than stock I ride mostly alone but sometimes my wife rides with me and she will be flying into Denver so we can ride home together. On our trip to San Francisco last year I notice a few times the shock felt soft. Will the rear Elka make a big difference or will it be hardly noticeable. And last buy not least......is it possible for Len to install enough HORSEPOWER to do a wheelie with the Spyder:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:. I wonder what that would cost:yikes: I better bring an extra hundred bucks.

duneside
05-08-2012, 02:04 PM
I think you will be impressed, I got the RT performance @ Spyderfest & I LOVE IT!!!

spyder3
05-08-2012, 02:19 PM
I have the performance kit and I like it a lot. I also have the elka rear shock installed and my better half doesn't really feel much of a difference. The kontour seat however she loves, so maybe the elka helps there also since they were both done at the same time. :dontknow:

tofriendscreek
05-08-2012, 02:26 PM
I think you will be impressed, I got the RT performance @ Spyderfest & I LOVE IT!!!

Got my Performance RT model in mid-March. Almost 2,000 miles ... no Elka on the rear, yet ... but just LOVE my ryde!! Len and crew really, really know Spyders.

I'm mobile using Tapatalk

spyderrock
05-10-2012, 02:52 PM
thanks guys got an email back from Len and im looking forward to getting this done. Im still up in the air on the rear Elka but I have time to think about it Its going to be a 4 day trip to get there...im taking the scenic route through Billings, Cheyenne, Kansas city the to Cuba. I could go through Saskatchewan but that is truly a boring drive. I wonder what other kind of Farkles they have there hmm:yikes: this trip might end up with me living in the shop if im not careful lol