PDA

View Full Version : Looking for arm rests fo the RT... Any sugustions???

Mac
05-08-2012, 08:53 AM
I was told that there was a company out of Texas who had them. Any help??

Grandpa Spyder
05-08-2012, 06:50 PM
Here are what they look like.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/CW_Tuggle/Guns/DSCF0002-23.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/CW_Tuggle/Guns/DSCF0001-19.jpg

ThreeWheels
05-08-2012, 07:19 PM
Here are what they look like.

Grandpa,

Can you take the armrests off without removing the support frame, for those times when you don't want them ?

Grandpa Spyder
05-08-2012, 07:27 PM
Grandpa,

Can you take the armrests off without removing the support frame, for those times when you don't want them ?

Yes you can. it will take you all of 30 seconds (if you walk around the bike)

SpyderAnn01
05-08-2012, 07:30 PM
I won a set at SpyderFest and just installed them yesterday. It takes less than half an hour to install and they look great.

spyder3
05-08-2012, 07:47 PM
Do they swing out of the way to get on the bike? Can you still get to the hand rails with them installed?

They look high, are they adjustable?

thanks

SpyderAnn01
05-08-2012, 07:53 PM
Do they swing out of the way to get on the bike? Can you still get to the hand rails with them installed?

They look high, are they adjustable?

thanks

Yes to all your questions!

spyder3
05-09-2012, 04:10 PM
Thanks 01!

Buttsy
05-09-2012, 04:18 PM
They are nice for sure, couple more questions................I see how they swing, but how do they adjust up and down for height? Also the front of the armrest closet to the driver, looks like it would be real close to hitting the back of the driver?

We need pics with a rider and passenger as for sure I am interested as well!:2excited:

Grandpa Spyder
05-09-2012, 04:41 PM
They are nice for sure, couple more questions................I see how they swing, but how do they adjust up and down for height? Also the front of the armrest closet to the driver, looks like it would be real close to hitting the back of the driver?

We need pics with a rider and passenger as for sure I am interested as well!:2excited:

I ride with mine on all the time and they do not touch me while riding. When at a long stop light I set back in the passenger seat with my arms resting on them. VERY Comfortable. You can only do that with SE5

Rando
05-16-2012, 09:05 AM
link (http://www.diamondraccessories.com/canamspyder/proddisplay.php?name=Passenger Armrest)

Bob Denman
05-16-2012, 09:41 AM
I'm getting ready to order a set too! :thumbup: By far they are the nicest ones available for the RTs.

Pandy
05-16-2012, 12:24 PM
Love the armrests as well, BUT! bear in mind, they are not load bearing. That is covered in the installation paperwork so please don't find out the hard way.46325Patrick

wyliec
05-16-2012, 01:17 PM
Love the armrests as well, BUT! bear in mind, they are not load bearing. That is covered in the installation paperwork so please don't find out the hard way.46325Patrick

So, if you are driving aggressively, the passenger should not weight bear on the arm rests when leaning into a curve?

SpyderMonkei
05-16-2012, 01:29 PM

Do they have a set for the 2012 RT Limited to match the seat cover? Anyone know?

Rando
05-16-2012, 01:49 PM
Do they have a set for the 2012 RT Limited to match the seat cover? Anyone know?Give them a call, they are great to work with and will do whatever it takes to make the customer happy!

Bob Denman
05-16-2012, 02:35 PM
So, if you are driving aggressively, the passenger should not weight bear on the arm rests when leaning into a curve?
They would probably want to be hanging onto the grip handles anyway... :yikes:

Diamond R
05-16-2012, 04:08 PM
We now have the RT Armrest added to our web site www.diamondraccessories.com (http://www.diamondraccessories.com) we are still working on the site and over the next few weeks will be adding more products,pics and comments to our bragging page. It is a work in progress.

enjoy the ride
Allen & Patti

wyliec
05-16-2012, 05:30 PM
We now have the RT Armrest added to our web site www.diamondraccessories.com (http://www.diamondraccessories.com) we are still working on the site and over the next few weeks will be adding more products,pics and comments to our bragging page. It is a work in progress.

enjoy the ride
Allen & Patti

How long before you have arm rests for the GS?

Diamond R
05-16-2012, 09:53 PM
I am not sure right now what the time frame on armrest for the RS-GS. We have several products coming for the RT within just a few weeks. We have had several requests for the armrest for those models, be assured that we will continue to look into those and have them ready as soon as possible.
We are a family run business, Patti and I both have our regular jobs, right now we sleep and eat Spyder.
PLEASE keep the requests coming, we welcome them all.

enjoy the ride
Allen & Patti