PDA

View Full Version : SPYDERFEST THANKS ALL OF YOU!!!

pitbull
05-06-2012, 10:04 PM
This is way way over do, I personally want to thank all of you for coming out to the event, I know how far so Many many many of you traveled, it was more than overwhelming to see you guys all rolling through the gates and into town.
This all started as a small barbecue and has turned into a party that over the top because of all of you showing up.
I wish there was no fee to put this thing on, and the first year there wasn't...... We out growed that stage rather quickly. The party keeps getting bigger every year but I make this promise to you all, it may move locations, have more people, different staff members and more activitys, it will always remain a down home event for you the ryders put on by you the ryders. Keeping this event grass roots event, friendly, humble! Is mine and the mogangs biggest goal! We appreciate all of you and will do our best to make sure we take care of you all and treat you like the friends we all are. So ryde safe have fun and can't wait for 2013 it's going to be a great year because of all of you, thanks goes out to each and every one of you for making this years third journey a success!!!:bowdown:

Lady Macca
05-06-2012, 10:40 PM
This was our first Spyderfest and certainly will not be our last. Thank you for an amazing week and for your hospitality. :)

SpyderAnn01
05-06-2012, 10:46 PM
Len we had a fanastic time and are looking forward to next year's event. I hope you get out to Las Vegas this year so we can return the hospitality. Thanks to you, your family and all of the Mogang for putting on the best Spyder event on the planet!

CyncySpyder
05-06-2012, 10:52 PM
:2thumbs:But you better believe, there's NO WAY we're missing SpyderFest 2013:2thumbs:

:firstplace:Thank you Len, Cowtown & the MOGang for ALL THAT YOU DO:bowdown:

Phil
05-06-2012, 10:54 PM
Len- please thank your bride for all of us. We ALL know that she is one of the biggest reasons for the success. Oh, and your parents too. They did a bang up job rasin' you :)

Darth, Darth Trailer and Darth Trophy say thanks too. HA!!!
http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z402/CorporateGreen/My%20Spyder%20Mods/fec328da.jpg

Phil, Tyler TX- from my iPad3.5 using Tapatalk HD

Macca
05-06-2012, 11:00 PM
This was our first Spyderfest and certainly will not be our last. Thank you for an amazing week and for your hospitality. :)

Totally Agree

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-06-2012, 11:17 PM
Because of circumstances beyond my control I was a last minute cancelation and missed this un-believeable event. However even tho I couldn't attend if any of you come East and are in Vermont please visit me and accept my hospitality for as long as you like. This past Christmas I entertained 17 relatives for 5 days ( as sleep-overs ) so I can handle a crowd, and no one slept in the tub. HaHa....Mike..:thumbup:

GloryRyders
05-07-2012, 05:45 AM
And thanks to you Len for the vision that started it all!:2thumbs: You rock! :yes::yes::bowdown:

docdoru
05-07-2012, 06:41 AM
... it will always remain a down home event for you the ryders put on by you the ryders.
We hope is going to be like 2010 and 2011. :doorag:

warp10
05-07-2012, 07:21 AM
This was our first Spyderfest, but it won't be our last. Len, Mogang, and Cowtown all did a great job, I don't know how you can top this year but I am sure you will come up with a way. The food was great and having all the vendors on site was a big plus.

I will say whoever was in charge of weather on the Mogang needs to make sure there is no rain next year. :lecturef_smilie:

NancysToy
05-07-2012, 07:26 AM
Len, it is us who should be thanking you, your family, your staff, and the incredible MoGang for all you do for us. You put on one of the best events, Spyder or otherwise, anywhere! You have our gratitude and our devotion. Thank you so very, very much.

kinggeek
05-07-2012, 07:29 AM
Len/Cowtown Staff/Mo Gang,

Thank you all for an incredible event! This was my first Spyderfest and it was everything I had heard and more. I know your service dept was incredibly busy but you were able to make time to get things done for people despite being overbooked.

See you next year or maybe sooner you are on the way to Durango, CO!

fastfraser
05-07-2012, 07:29 AM
Thanks Len and family, Cowtown Staff, MoGang, Town of Cuba and all the wonderful people from SpyderLovers. Great Rally :thumbup:

Lamonster
05-07-2012, 07:32 AM
:agree:
I've been to them all and they were all great but this was the best for sure. You seemed a lot less stressed out this year even though it was twice the size. I think a big thanks to the MOgang is in order for that. You all Rock in my book. nojoke:firstplace::bowdown::doorag:

bullant12
05-07-2012, 07:52 AM
Len... thank YOU for making this happeing!! From a second year participant point of view and notifing all you newcomers like my wife and I were last year, the next event is even MORE fun since you now know the area and most importantly, you know who's who!!:yes: Reservations made for next year!!!:popcorn:

Len, Cowtown Staff, MoGang and everyone else involved... THANK YOU!!!!:thumbup::yes::firstplace:

Schnauzer
05-07-2012, 07:57 AM
Thanks go out to the ones who made it all happen...I've been to all kind of "Shin-Diggs" for all kind of hobbies we've been involved with.. Spyderfest #1 for us just topped that list.:yes:. For us, our most memorable part of all this was the 2500 mi. we spent riding and the folks we met along the way.:2thumbs:..

webweaver
05-07-2012, 08:03 AM
Not only do we need to thank Len and Family and all the Mogang but Len's staff at the shop who worked so hard to get the tires, backrests, and all the other mods installed for us so our cool spyders are even cooler:spyder2:. THANKS!!!!

oldbaldguy
05-07-2012, 08:17 AM
My first Spyderfest. Had such a good time I am still smiling. Thanks to everyone responsible. Can't wait for next year.

Peoriafirefighter
05-07-2012, 08:48 AM
This is way way over do, I personally want to thank all of you for coming out to the event, I know how far so Many many many of you traveled, it was more than overwhelming to see you guys all rolling through the gates and into town.
This all started as a small barbecue and has turned into a party that over the top because of all of you showing up.
I wish there was no fee to put this thing on, and the first year there wasn't...... We out growed that stage rather quickly. The party keeps getting bigger every year but I make this promise to you all, it may move locations, have more people, different staff members and more activitys, it will always remain a down home event for you the ryders put on by you the ryders. Keeping this event grass roots event, friendly, humble! Is mine and the mogangs biggest goal! We appreciate all of you and will do our best to make sure we take care of you all and treat you like the friends we all are. So ryde safe have fun and can't wait for 2013 it's going to be a great year because of all of you, thanks goes out to each and every one of you for making this years third journey a success!!!:bowdown:

Thanks Len for putting on tge Best Spyder event ever! I also want thank you for inviting Lynn and I to join you and your wife and Steve and his gor breakfast the Sunday begore Spyderfest. I also want to thank your dad for giving me some electrical wire to fix a problem I had.

We have already made reservations for next year. Cuba is great little town full of nice people.
Best to you and the entire Mo Gang!!!

Trickie Dick
05-07-2012, 09:33 AM
Len, thanks so much to you and that well oiled machine:yikes:, the MOgang, for putting on the best Spyder event yet. You guys raise the bar every year. I'm already looking forward to next year. I told my motel there to reserve me a room. I didn't know the date yet, but I would be back.
:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

rcantrell52
05-07-2012, 03:45 PM
Len:
Ann and I enjoyed our very first SpyderFest thoroughly - we'll be back!!!!!!! Can't wait for next year! Everyone (your parents, too), effort, time, energy, so made it a great time for us and we do appreciate it all!
Regards,
Reese and Ann Cantrell

retread
05-07-2012, 04:19 PM
and to the Mogang, and to the people in Cuba and all the rest of the Spyderlovers who made this Spyderfest the best yet. Debbie is already making plans for next year, and wants to learn to ryde!

john

sealfloorboards
05-07-2012, 04:19 PM
Len, it is us who should be thanking you, your family, your staff, and the incredible MoGang for all you do for us. You put on one of the best events, Spyder or otherwise, anywhere! You have our gratitude and our devotion. Thank you so very, very much.
Len,

I couldn't agree with Scotty more. From a Vendors perspective it was so much better than last year. Can't wait for next year. I will come loaded for bear. You guys all did a first rate, professional job. My hat's off to you all:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:.

Ride in comfort,

John
Seal FloorBoards

G-Man
05-09-2012, 01:21 PM
Each year we look forward to SpyderFest. It is such a great feeling seeing the gathering grow each year. But it’s the interaction with the people of the Spyder community that really makes the event special. For those not familiar with its origin, this event started as a simple group ride, and BBQ. We anticipated about twenty riders, cruising the back roads and Ozark “twisties” around Cuba. Once our “group ryde” was posted to SlyderLovers, it gained momentum, to the point we had over 100 Ryders join in. Thanks to the SpyderLovers web forum, and a bunch of great people, SpyderFest was born.

Each successive year, attendance has at least doubled. It’s great to see so many folks having a good time. This is not due to anything we do in preparation, but to you all, spreading the word, and coming together to make it all happen.
Who to thank for the success of SpyderFest?

But before that and first of all, I’d like to thank all of you who have expressed thanks to the MOGANG. Your sentiments are very much appreciated.
Lamont: the photo analogy of the USMC drill team really hit home. We’re not worthy, but thanks. It is a very moving statement.

Beyond that statement I try not to mention names, as my memory doesn’t allow. Pardon the generalities, but know that you are all appreciated.
You may not have seen each MOGANG member running around like they were on fire, but I can assure that things were being prepared all over town to bring this all together.

Thanks go to the Cowtown Staff. They have been so supportive of this fledging event. Just try to run a business in the middle of an event like this. If you didn’t get the opportunity to meet and speak with the owners, you missed a great experience. They are real down-to-earth friendly folks. The mechanics and parts staff was unbelievable. We owe them a great deal of gratitude.

Thanks to the city of Cuba and Viva Cuba for being so accommodating. What a great town. And the historic society has been a big part of this event since the beginning.

Thanks to the vendors who came out. You all are a major draw for attendance. And most of you have become friends to all of us. Those of you which were return vendors; we thank you for your confidence in this event. Last year was marginal, at best, for our vendors. Hopefully your confidence was justified this year.

The greatest thanks go to the Spyder community in its entirety: you all, for attending. Some travel great distances and at no little personal expense to be here. This event would be nothing without you. We have made many friends during the past three events. This is one of the best opportunities to reacquaint, and catch up with friends from all over the country.

I’m confident that I can express the heartfelt thanks, and appreciation for your kind words, and recommendations, for the entire MOGANG.

BumbleBee and I (BumbleBee’s husband) look forward to seeing you on the road, and again next year at SpyderFest (*) 2013. :doorag:

Ryde Safe
G-Man

SteveMac
05-09-2012, 01:28 PM
Well said Don. Well said. :firstplace:

Mo Lee
05-09-2012, 05:17 PM
I agree 1000%, Spyderlovers is what make this a great event.

GloryRyders
05-10-2012, 05:28 AM

:agree:, especially the part about all those who attend!:2thumbs: Without all of you, it would just be the MoGang having a party!

J. Mark
05-10-2012, 06:37 AM

Totally agree!!!!!!

tajohn
05-10-2012, 12:38 PM
Thank you Len, MoGang and all your staff. Spyderfest brings together great friends at a great place for a great time!!!!!!

TicketBait
05-11-2012, 01:54 PM
Thank you Len, MoGang and all your staff. Spyderfest brings together great friends at a great place for a great time!!!!!!

:agree: You really put on a great show.:clap::clap::clap:

Spyderjockey
05-11-2012, 09:08 PM
My wife and I just wanted to join in thanking Len and his wife and parents, the whole staff at Cowtown including the mechanics who did their work with patience even though they were really pushed to the limit taking care of all the needs and wants that it seemed everyone had. Of course the Mogang worked behind the scenes to make Spyderfest a great success, so a big thank you to them also.

Thanks again Len and all of Cowtown and of course Cuba for the great hospitality we all received at this years "SPYDERFEST". You guys are the greatest!!!:thumbup::yes:

xpeschon
05-12-2012, 06:22 AM
Don--My feeling exactly, well spoken, or written.. I will tell you this--- in 2010 (Our First spYderfest) Len and a few of us had a conversation right after he posted the event on spyderlovers.. We had talked about how "Its going to be amazing to see 30 (thats kind of what we where expecting) spYders all together in one location, thats going to be so much fun". Yep thats right our goal so to speak was 30.. After we passed that number (with in just a few days) and the number grow to 40, then 50, then 60 and so on, there where MANY behind the scene phone calls to each other thinking "What our we getting ourselves into here", then if memory serves me correct LaMonster was in California visiting family members and put his name on the list to attend on his way back.. I think he was #52 or something like that, it grew to as many as 103 spYders (?) and UNKNOWN 2 wheelers.. It overwhelmed Len and his crew and also (at that time) just a few MO Gang members.. So as Don stated its the spyderlovers community along with some un-spyderlovers riders that makes this event successful. I tip my HAT to Len, the CowTown staff, the vendors, the VIP's that attended and finally to the whole MO Gang members, this was so much fun and I look forward to next year.. Now---------LETS RIDE----------...

X Joe

ThreeFeet
05-12-2012, 02:19 PM
I agree with Don(GMan) the spyder ryders out there that came MADE this a wonderful get together.:firstplace: The VENDERS made it so we could add bling to our bykes while looking at it.:yes: The Crew of Mechanics managed to keep all happy even tho they were understaffed.:2thumbs: They worked HARD to keep all in a fairly good humor. The Cowtown Family kept their cool in the heat of the time and managed to take care of THEIR buisness in the middle of all this without blinking an eye. They are Proffessionals!!!:2thumbs: The Mo-Gang...........what can I say( I am sorta a part of that) did a lot of running around & seemed like I got nothing done:gaah: but it all worked out in the end. SUPRISE!!! There have been suggestions on this site for next year and they will be addressed at the next "meeting" when ever that is. Gotta take a BREATHER first!!! Thanks to all of you who came to our "little Party". :thumbup::ohyea:

pitbull
05-12-2012, 03:21 PM
No one owes me a thank you for anything, the mogang deserves all the credit:thumbup:and all the loyal spyder ryders, I just talk them in to a bunch of madness:yikes:

NancysToy
05-12-2012, 04:08 PM
No one owes me a thank you for anything, the mogang deserves all the credit:thumbup:and all the loyal spyder ryders, I just talk them in to a bunch of madness:yikes:

You are still one of the most genuinely humble men I have ever met...outdone perhaps only by your father. We owe you all our thanks, and you are no exception. Guess you are going to just have to accept it gracefully. nojoke