PDA

View Full Version : fuel tracking app

ruthie
05-06-2012, 10:07 AM
looking for an app for my iphone to track my fuel and mg, any recommendations.

Scott&Marla
05-06-2012, 11:08 AM
looking for an app for my iphone to track my fuel and mg, any recommendations.
Try "Gas Cubby", that's what I've had for a couple of years now and I love it. You can keep track of multiple vehicles, your gas (mpg), service, service reminders, what everything costs, where you bought the gas, what octane you used, and on and on. If you have two I- phones, you can put the app on both phones and then you can synchronize them, and each phone will have the same info. When I bought the app, it was $5 but well worth it I think. :2thumbs:

murphybrown
05-06-2012, 11:19 AM
I use as it also shows me location of non ethanol gas as well as track mpg. Right now waiting to get on Staten Isl Ferry to view Statue of Liberty

Arr MiHardies
05-06-2012, 12:45 PM
Use Fuelly. Fuelly.com. I know there is an android app. But you can just bookmark the mobile version of the site.

Check the icon in my sig.

Oh and Fuelly is free.

Derek Paisley
05-06-2012, 01:58 PM
I am running an app
Called fuel calculator. Not sure of overall availability, as I have it
For my iPhone and iPad. Here are the app details.

'Fuel Economy Calculator' allows you to log your fuel stops and works out your vehicles fuel economy for you. You can keep track of as many vehicles as you need.

This App has some settings that can be accessed via your 'Settings' App on your device. Here you can set your 'Odometer Unit' - the distance units your vehicles Odometer measures, 'Fuel Purchase Unit' - the unit of measure used when purchasing your Fuel, and 'Fuel Economy Unit' - the unit used when calculating fuel economy (such as mpg, L/100km). It is a good idea to set these attributes as you need them first.

To add a vehicle use the + button on the first screen. Once created use a vehicles blue right arrow button to access that vehicles details.

Log Fill Up:
This screen is where you record your fuel stops. These logs are the basis for the Apps fuel economy and journey cost calculations. You should only log a fill up when you fill your tank completely - this gives the App a known start point from which to calculate the fuel you have used. The more fill ups are logged the greater the accuracy of the calculations.

Fuel Economy:
This screen shows you your Fill Up Logs and the results of the Apps calculations. If you make a mistake and want to delete a Fill Up Log you can do that here by swiping the Fill Up Log to reveal a 'Delete' Button. Vehicles can be deleted in the same way on the first screen. You can also delete and edit existing Fill Up Logs via the 'Edit' button on this screen.

Journey Cost:
This screen allows you to calculate the cost of a particular journey. You can enter the distance (in KM or Miles) and the App will calculate the fuel cost of that journey using data derived from your entered Fill Up Logs.

Vehicle Data:
This screen is a handy place to keep a reminder of your vehicles correct tire pressures and recommended oil. You can also edit your vehicles name and photo here.

BitSlayer
05-07-2012, 07:06 AM
Try "Gas Cubby", that's what I've had for a couple of years now and I love it.

:agree: :clap: :thumbup: I use it to track both my Spyder and my car. Easy to use and good options to track as much detail as you want.

Arr MiHardies
05-07-2012, 09:57 AM
Surprised more people aren't suggesting Fuelly. Oh well.

Camdenlake
05-07-2012, 01:43 PM
I have used fulley for a while. Works great and its free. Can compare to others results aswell.

Josh

SpydherLuv
05-07-2012, 03:31 PM
I use Fuelly.com :thumbup: Provides great stats...not that I'll ever use them, but nice to see how Libby is tracking. :2thumbs: