PDA

View Full Version : Higher seat height?

800steve
05-03-2012, 07:20 PM
Just got RS SE5 2010. Has bar risers, am in the process of making floorboards. I have a new to me right knee, and it does not work very well. I am also installing right hand brake. Problem is I need a few more inches of seat height to make things right with the amount of bend I have in this new part. Any help would be great. Thanks Steve

NancysToy
05-03-2012, 08:11 PM
A custom seat builder, like Russell Day-Long may be able to help, but there is a limit to how far up and how far back they can move things. You may be in for another visit to the doc. When my wife had that problem she had to undergo a manipulation under anesthetic to break the joint loose. With diligent stretching and exercising, she has maintained the newfound flexibility, and rides her RS without a problem.

Star Cruiser
05-03-2012, 10:00 PM
I am not sure how much more height you need Steve.

I have a left leg prosthetic and because of the socket lip, I use an Airhawk Seat cushion. They are pricey (~$200), but work great, for me anyway.
It is recomended to put the least amount of air into them, adjusting for comfort. If you add more you can add about an inch to the seat height. These are made by the same people that make ROHO wheelchair air cushions.

just another possibility (if it fits your needs)

Welcome to the Enabled ryders.... I picked up a lot of good ideas here over the years!

ARtraveler
05-03-2012, 10:12 PM
I was also going to suggest Airhawk or Sheepskin seat covers to raise seat height. I use this method to change things up from time to time, as I have to deal with the "pain of the day" sometimes.

r1100rider
05-03-2012, 11:02 PM
Just got RS SE5 2010. Has bar risers, am in the process of making floorboards. I have a new to me right knee, and it does not work very well. I am also installing right hand brake. Problem is I need a few more inches of seat height to make things right with the amount of bend I have in this new part. Any help would be great. Thanks SteveI lowered and set back my pegs and got the same effect

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-04-2012, 07:46 AM
Medical gel pads ???...Just a thought.....Good Luck ....Mike.....:thumbup:

SethO
05-04-2012, 04:24 PM
get a airhawk seat