PDA

View Full Version : Can Am Raingear

Desert Spyder
05-01-2012, 07:25 PM
My wife bought us the can am rain gear prior to spyderfest. A bit pricey but it was her credit card so who am I to argue. I discovered the trousers had no suspenders, no elastic, no tie cord, no nada. It was pants on the ground while walking in the rain. Please tell me this wasn't by design?

Scott&Marla
05-01-2012, 09:04 PM
If they were designed that way, I think I would try to get my money back, heck, I would try no matter what. I've honestly never heard of, or seen anything like that. :dontknow::hun:

SpyderMeLucky
05-01-2012, 09:13 PM
I got Frogg Togg rain gear from Cycle Gear. They were on sale for about $50 or so. Lightweight, comfortable.

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-01-2012, 09:31 PM
If you get your'e money back He can set you up with the good stuff at agood price IMHO....Mike...:thumbup:

Some Guy
05-01-2012, 09:37 PM
I got Frogg Togg rain gear from Cycle Gear. They were on sale for about $50 or so. Lightweight, comfortable.

Frogg Togg...excellent rain gear. I bought some right before the Spyderfest trip, based on a friend's advice. He was right. It kept us dry and it was breathable. I have other rain gear that keep me completely dry, but do not breathe. So, I have sweat thru my jeans when wearing that gear...ugh. Frogg Toggs are my favorite. They make the "Road Toad" line which have reflective piping. That's what I have.

Grandpa Spyder
05-02-2012, 04:25 AM
Frogg Toggs here too. Best I ever had for comfort.

Macca
05-02-2012, 05:57 AM
Frogg Toggs kept us dry and warm during our Spyderfest trip

Bob Denman
05-02-2012, 06:47 AM
Frogg Toggs are always an excellent choice; but I use TourMaster... I've always liked one-piece raingear; fewer cracks and crevices for the weather to sneak by! :shocked:
Ron's got Firstgear... Another stellar choice! :thumbup:

Trickie Dick
05-02-2012, 07:58 AM
"It was pants on the ground while walking in the rain"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw0a12geN3Q

Carold571
05-02-2012, 08:54 AM
Have Frogg Toggs. Work great and breathable.

wyliec
05-02-2012, 08:57 AM
Desert Spyder,

I'm still waiting to see if you get an answer to your question.

I just looked up Can Am BRP rain gear pants. If you go here, it says they are supposed to have an elasticized waist chord; that is, if you have this pair:

http://www.leisuretimepowersports.com/Can-Am-RAIN-PANTS-detail.htm?productId=17826007&catalogId=2298&fpg=1

Desert Spyder
05-02-2012, 09:45 AM
Desert Spyder,

I'm still waiting to see if you get an answer to your question.

I just looked up Can Am BRP rain gear pants. If you go here, it says they are supposed to have an elasticized waist chord; that is, if you have this pair:

http://www.leisuretimepowersports.com/Can-Am-RAIN-PANTS-detail.htm?productId=17826007&catalogId=2298&fpg=1

I just did a double look at the pants. There is elastic but hardly any give to it. My wifes are the same way. Its possible she simply ordered the wrong size but for my money I would like to see better elasticity. They give no inch equivalent to the sizes which may lead to some confusion, plus they state to order a size larger if wearing OVER riding gear. My wife is petite and I ... am not. My waist is 42, my belly...larger, and my neck is 18-1/2. I generally only wear levis, fleece lined in cold weather. I most always wear a jacket. The rain jacket, btw, is very good, although it does zip up on the left side. A woman's jacket? It has a built in hoodie for under the helmet, and an optional for over. No faceshield wiper though. LOL. Some have complained that it does not breathe but I had no problem with sweating underneath. Before I packed the gear in a vacuum pack I put freezer bags in the pockets to put my hands in. Others laughed, but I was the one with dry hands. My wife works in surgery so she says she'll bring home some large surgical gloves. LOL. We bought a trailer in Cowtown and really appreciate it. I don't know how a couple on a week+ long excursion can get by without it. It does cause the bike to consume more gas by about 5mpg and I definitely need to sharpen my backing skills. Been a long time. I do recommend that BRP put suspenders on the trousers, no matter what size they are, to get back to the subject. I doubt we will contact them about this matter, but if they are reading this post, be advised a little more effort in quality control woud be appreciated.

NancysToy
05-02-2012, 10:49 AM
All rainsuits seem to have different features. I swear no two are the same. For the short run, I suggest you buy a pair of suspenders. Even on pants with elastic, I have used suspenders for additional assistance.

SpyderAnn01
05-02-2012, 10:56 AM
:2thumbs: on the trailer! You will love it. Now I need to go out and empty mine out from the trip.

ARtraveler
05-02-2012, 11:12 AM
I don't use specific gear for rain--but wear the Firstgear textiles most of the time for inclement weather. Also have one pair rev-it pants with the rain liner in them. They also work pretty good.