PDA

View Full Version : DPS Fault

Questions
05-01-2012, 06:32 PM
Had my 600 mile service done last week. Picked up bike but did not make it home. Numerious faults including DPS, Check engine and EP something. In addition to the regular 600 mile service they installed new chrome handlebars and did some kind of a throtle up grade. Faults appear to have something to do with brakes. Any help would be helpful

pellcitypete
05-03-2012, 09:40 AM
having the same problem

NancysToy
05-03-2012, 11:25 AM
Are you absolutely sure you are not riding the brake pedal? Resting your foot on it at all can result in just these consequences.

docdoru
05-03-2012, 12:08 PM
Are you absolutely sure you are not riding the brake pedal? Resting your foot on it at all can result in just these consequences.
About this "explanation": how long have one to "ride the brakes"? 1-2-10 min or longer? Just a touch? The brake light are on? :coffee:

Questions
05-03-2012, 01:41 PM
Turns out they updated some kind of throtle thing during 600 mile check up and there was a software glitch. Reloaded software and I can get back to riding tonight.

NancysToy
05-03-2012, 03:25 PM
About this "explanation": how long have one to "ride the brakes"? 1-2-10 min or longer? Just a touch? The brake light are on? :coffee:
I don't know what the "time-out" period is. It is certainly not a normal touch. What happens is that the Spyder senses the brake light on, but no brake pressure, so all VSS related functions can fault. The warnings don't seem to be consistent, so there may be different degrees, depending on how long, how often, and other conditions. There certainly can be other reasons, but this is a common one.