PDA

View Full Version : Zero to 75 in 2 weeks

Mspiv
04-30-2012, 05:46 PM
We have probably all seen the BRP ad about now being able to get your licenses on a Spyder...well..

In less than 2 weeks my wife has gone from 0 (never touched a throttle in her life) to an Evergreen safety trained and Massachusetts licensed Spyder jockey. At the end of the course, which was for sidecars and trikes, she had the fewest number of deduction of the class ( the instructor said that the only person to ever ace this course did it on a Spyder).

So now I am incredibly proud and very pissed. I am incredibly proud of her for going for it. And pissed cause now I'll never get to ride "her Spyder" except to get it serviced .. Hmmm sounds like I might need to find a dealer further away.

DynamoBT
04-30-2012, 06:01 PM
Congratulations to your wife!!! A bunch of us in NH just took the 3 wheeled BRC with M.O.S.T. inc. in Concord, NH. I already had my 2 wheeled M. And the other two women passed and now have their 3 wheeled licenses. Even having already had my M I felt the course was worth it. Plus, it was a ton of fun!!! Congrats again to your wife!!! Good for her!!!

CyncySpyder
04-30-2012, 06:26 PM
:yes:2 Spyder Family:yes:

Mspiv
04-30-2012, 07:30 PM
Congratulations to your wife!!! A bunch of us in NH just took the 3 wheeled BRC with M.O.S.T. inc. in Concord, NH. I already had my 2 wheeled M. And the other two women passed and now have their 3 wheeled licenses. Even having already had my M I felt the course was worth it. Plus, it was a ton of fun!!! Congrats again to your wife!!! Good for her!!!
Thanks
i am so proud of her and she is so pumped

Mspiv
04-30-2012, 07:32 PM

Yuuppp all ready know the is another Spyder learking in some dark corner where old Goldwing riders go when their 2 wheel days are over

smurfette
04-30-2012, 08:36 PM
:clap:Congratulations to your wife on getting her license! When I got my license last year, hubby jokes that I'm always out with the other man!:roflblack:

Bob Denman
05-01-2012, 06:37 AM
:congrats: to both you and your Missus! :firstplace: An infestation of :spyder2: in your garage is sure to follow! :thumbup:

bullant12
05-01-2012, 07:35 AM

:agree:

:congrats: to both you and your Missus! :firstplace: An infestation of :spyder2: in your garage is sure to follow! :thumbup:

:agree: The bYte is addictive!!:yes:

Paula(Butch2025)
05-01-2012, 05:28 PM
Since I got my own Spyder, Butch said that he'll have to make a "honey-do-list" for me this summer. I'll have to check of a couple of jobs before going to a ride!!!!:roflblack:--Paula

Mspiv
05-29-2012, 12:46 PM
Since I got my own Spyder, Butch said that he'll have to make a "honey-do-list" for me this summer. I'll have to check of a couple of jobs before going to a ride!!!!:roflblack:--Paula

Hey that's a great idea Butch:thumbup:

Mspiv
05-29-2012, 12:49 PM
She now has 3000 + miles on the Spyder including Pennsylvania and new Hampshire.

Next week Vermont and Americade.

I think I have created a Spyderer

SpyderAnn01
05-29-2012, 01:04 PM
Congratulations to your wife and I hope you have a great time at Americade.

harrypottar
05-29-2012, 01:19 PM
:clap:Well done, :clap:

I hope they covered the use of a turn signal, from what I see out there in MA most people don't know they have them and what there used for

Ride safe.

harry

ARtraveler
05-29-2012, 01:47 PM
:congrats: and have a great summer.

Littlebadwolf
05-29-2012, 01:51 PM
Congrats to your wife...My wife took the motorcycle course thru the Harley dearler 4 years ago...best thing she could have done...She would have never listened to me...:)

Mspiv
05-29-2012, 01:58 PM
:clap:Well done, :clap:

I hope they covered the use of a turn signal, from what I see out there in MA most people don't know they have them and what there used for

Ride safe.

harry

Because we are certified GWRRA road captains we signal including hand signals when appropriate. Carolyn only hand signals as it if impossible to consistently cancel those darn Spyder signals ( pita). :banghead:

JaymeG33
05-29-2012, 02:05 PM
So now I am incredibly proud and very pissed. I am incredibly proud of her for going for it. And pissed cause now I'll never get to ride "her Spyder" except to get it serviced .. Hmmm sounds like I might need to find a dealer further away.

:agree: LOL! You are in the same boat my husband is! He says that he don't DARE ask to ride mine, because I will start going thru 'withdrawls' HAHAHAHAHAHA:congrats:

MikeinGA
05-29-2012, 02:43 PM
We have probably all seen the BRP ad about now being able to get your licenses on a Spyder...well..

In less than 2 weeks my wife has gone from 0 (never touched a throttle in her life) to an Evergreen safety trained and Massachusetts licensed Spyder jockey. At the end of the course, which was for sidecars and trikes, she had the fewest number of deduction of the class ( the instructor said that the only person to ever ace this course did it on a Spyder).

We have some real good dealers here in Georgia.;) That way you can drive it down and back and then it would need another.:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Mike

smurfette
05-29-2012, 02:49 PM
:firstplace:Congratulations, and welcome new Spyder Syster!!!!!:firstplace:

Mspiv
06-11-2012, 04:13 PM
So , having been inspired by murphyBrown, My wife Carolyn has put 3000+ miles on Carolyn's Chocolate. She has driven through all New England States except Maine. She has been to Americade and Gettysburgburgh PA.

BOLO For a Lava bronze from Massachusetts

flamingobabe
06-11-2012, 04:39 PM

FaranH
06-11-2012, 10:16 PM
So , having been inspired by murphyBrown, My wife Carolyn has put 3000+ miles on Carolyn's Chocolate. She has driven through all New England States except Maine. She has been to Americade and Gettysburgburgh PA.

BOLO For a Lava bronze from Massachusetts

I love it!:clap:

murphybrown
06-12-2012, 07:35 AM
Wahoo lovin' reading about your expanding world thanks to your "I'm doing this attitude" and one beautiful lava RT..my life was blessed by you and oh yea by that guy that is soooo button popping proud of you!!!! Yea you both ROCK!! Spyderfest 2013 see you there? :thumbup:

chickridin
06-12-2012, 11:41 AM

Woo Hoo!! :yes::yes::yes: :congrats:......to your wife! I wish they'd have that class near me some time but they never do. :(