PDA

View Full Version : Elka shocks

pwilbarger
04-30-2012, 12:53 PM
From what I've read here, Elka's are the hot set up for my 2010 RTS. What mileage can you get out of the stock shocks? I have heard that after about 9-10k the rear should be changed. I turned just over 9k on the way home from Spyderfest. Also how complex is getting them set up for your weight, riding style, etc.? I like things simple, set it and forget it.

Spyder Phyl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ornerydog7
04-30-2012, 01:57 PM
From what I've read here, Elka's are the hot set up for my 2010 RTS. What mileage can you get out of the stock shocks? I have heard that after about 9-10k the rear should be changed. I turned just over 9k on the way home from Spyderfest. Also how complex is getting them set up for your weight, riding style, etc.? I like things simple, set it and forget it.

Spyder Phyl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Contact Len at Cowtown !!!

Y Rider
04-30-2012, 02:02 PM
If you order a set from Cowtown the folks at Elka will contact you to obtain information such as your style of riding, one or two up, weight, etc. They will come setup for you and ready for installation. The only problem you're going have is getting a set. All of Elka's stock was depleted at Spyderfest and I was told it takes approx. 30 days to build, test and setup.