PDA

View Full Version : suspension display shows orange

rpeiffer
04-30-2012, 08:46 AM
I just discovered that when I adust the air suspension on my RTS that an orange field pops up in the display that says "manual" instead of the setting bar. I'm wondering if this could be because of the instrument cluster recently being replaced. The air pump is working as I can see the rear going up or down when I use the adjustment switch. Anyone seen this before?
Thanks, Russ

NorthStar
04-30-2012, 10:22 AM
Check out this thread. Lots of good info on the subject.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?34760-Issue-with-RTS-Air-suspension&highlight=Manual+mode

NancysToy
04-30-2012, 10:56 AM
You need to have your dealer reset the ACS limits using BUDS. There is a service bulletin on this.

rpeiffer
05-02-2012, 04:23 PM
You need to have your dealer reset the ACS limits using BUDS. There is a service bulletin on this.
Thanks, I'm glad to hear that. I figured it was something the dealer failed to do when they replaced the cluster, but just wanted some peace of mind until I have a chance to get it back in. Appreciate the responses. Russ

rpeiffer
05-04-2012, 12:43 PM
Took it in to the dealer to look at this issue and do the brake pin recall fix. They're telling me the sensor is bad for the air ride adjustment. Unfortunately, my warranty just ran out last month. I asked them to contact BRP to see if they will cover it as a goodwill gesture. I'm waiting to hear back with the answer. It just seems too coincidental that they replace the instrument cluster and then the air ride is faulting. I sure hope BRP has canned their supplier of sensors for these machines. The track record for sensor issues is not good at all. I already had them replace the shift position sensor earlier in the year. Does there seem to be a lot of complaints about the air adjust sensor out there?

NancysToy
05-06-2012, 04:14 PM
Took it in to the dealer to look at this issue and do the brake pin recall fix. They're telling me the sensor is bad for the air ride adjustment. Unfortunately, my warranty just ran out last month. I asked them to contact BRP to see if they will cover it as a goodwill gesture. I'm waiting to hear back with the answer. It just seems too coincidental that they replace the instrument cluster and then the air ride is faulting. I sure hope BRP has canned their supplier of sensors for these machines. The track record for sensor issues is not good at all. I already had them replace the shift position sensor earlier in the year. Does there seem to be a lot of complaints about the air adjust sensor out there?
Bad call on the tech's part. I'm sure they will be disappointed when the try a new sensor. It costs them nothing to look at the existing ACS limits via BUDS. If they are the same, they have found the source of the problem. If they are different, the problem lies elsewhere.

condorflysu
04-16-2013, 09:24 PM
I just discovered that when I adust the air suspension on my RTS that an orange field pops up in the display that says "manual" instead of the setting bar. I'm wondering if this could be because of the instrument cluster recently being replaced. The air pump is working as I can see the rear going up or down when I use the adjustment switch. Anyone seen this before?
Thanks, Russ
My cluster was replaced last week at the dealer (They are new to BRP my first mistake) as it went psyco on my RT-S after 84 Kilometers. When I test drove it after picking it up today I had the same problem were the manual display in orange would show instead of the automatic pressure level display. It still adjusts but no level is indicated. The purchase of a ST-S for the 2nd Spyder & Wake 255 Sea-doo are now on hold till this dealer can prove to me they have the abilities to do the service work. :banghead: I am very disappointed since my Spyder has spent more time in their service bay than my garage. Is there anyway I can address the problem other than having them hook it up to the BUDs ? I'm a certified Rotax 4stroke aircraft engine tech... does BRP offer Spyder training courses to the general public? Call it self defence to deal with my dealer.

NancysToy
04-16-2013, 09:47 PM
My cluster was replaced last week at the dealer (They are new to BRP my first mistake) as it went psyco on my RT-S after 84 Kilometers. When I test drove it after picking it up today I had the same problem were the manual display in orange would show instead of the automatic pressure level display. It still adjusts but no level is indicated. The purchase of a ST-S for the 2nd Spyder & Wake 255 Sea-doo are now on hold till this dealer can't prove to me they have the abilities to do the service work. :banghead: I am very disappointed since my Spyder has spent more time in their service bay than my garage. Is there anyway I can address the problem other than having them hook it up to the BUDs ? I'm a certified Rotax 4stroke aircraft engine tech... does BRP offer Spyder training courses to the general public? Call it self defence to deal with my dealer.
If the tech was unaware of this issue, it is an easy mistake to make. The new clusters retain the original programming (high and low limits set the same), so the problem will recur upon cluster replacement if the tech doesn't use the gauge block and reset the limits. On my first cluster replacement I had the same problem, as we were all unaware that BRP never updated the spare clusters. With the next two replacements, my tech had learned the lesson.